Chassis 3387 was the 2nd 250 GTO made The 1st 250 GTO to compete in a race One of a handful of works cars used by Scuderia Ferrari for testing Fabulous successful race history having competed in 27 races in period with 17 class podiums Well documented history This car was completed on March the 16th of 1962 whereupon it immediately started testing duties at Monza for Scuderia Ferrari to assist the development of the 250 GTO model. Later that month the car was delivered to Luigi Chinetti Motors where as a NART entry it gained the distinction of becoming the first 250 GTO to race. It was a successful debut finishing 2nd overall and 1st in class at the 1962 Sebring 12 hours driven by Phil Hill and Olivier Gendebien. In June of that year the car was sold to Robert "Bob" Grossman of New York who promptly entered the car in the 1962 Le Mans 24 Hour race in which partnered with Fireball Roberts they finished 6th overall and 1st place in the experimental 3000cc class. Bob went to compete with success in 8 further races that year and after competing in the 1963 Sebring 12 hours sold the car to one of his co-drivers from the previous season - Mike Gammino. Gammino raced the car with consider
Coachwork by Pininfarina/Scaglietti Registration no. KPJ 233C Chassis no. 06901 - One of only 48 right-hand drive 275 GTBs built - Short-nose steel body; three carburettors - Delivered new to the UK - First owned by Sir Max Aitken - Restored in the 1990s - Previous ownership for the last 16 years "The 275 GTB is... a superlatively vigorous, very agile and quick automobile. Its comfort, the quality of its finish, the original lines of its bodywork all justify its exceptionally high price, for it is an exceptional automobile. It is a thoroughbred, with luxury devoid of excess, and a fiery temperament... " Jose Roskinski, Sport Auto, July 1965. When Ferrari"s highly successful "250" series was superseded in 1964 by the "275", Pininfarina was once again called upon to work his magic for the Maranello concern, creating a true classic of sports car design for the 275 GTB. Penetrative nose, long bonnet, purposeful side vents, high waistline and short be-spoilered tail: these were all ingredients of the recipe, yet the result was so much more than merely the sum of its parts. The tail spoiler and cast-alloy wheels echoed developments first seen on Ferrari competition cars, while beneath th
Comments and history courtesy of Ferrari historian - Marcel Massini: Ferrari 166 Inter Stabilimenti Farina chassis #021 S is one of the oldest Ferraris in existence. It actually is the 11th road car built by Ferrari (they used just odd chassis numbers, starting with 001, then 003, then 005, etc.). You must know that in 1947 the factory produced just 3 cars, in 1948 they built 5 units and in 1949 they built 21 cars. Not more than that! That adds up to a total of just 29 Ferraris manufactured in the first three years. Consequently 021 S is a super rare automobile and with the even more exclusive bodywork by Stabilimenti Farina can be considered a true gem! Ferrari 166 Inter Coupé Stabilimenti Farina 1949, Chassis# 021 S Original exterior color: n/a Original interior color: n/a Chassis type 166 Engine type 166 The 4th of only 10 Ferraris bodied by Stabilimenti Farina July 1949 Delivered by the factory to first owner A.I.C.A.R. S.r.l. (Agenzia Internazionale Commercio e Ricambi) domiciled in Milan, Italy (International Agency for Automobile and Spare Parts Trading), a company which was later renamed into WI.PU.CO. S.r.l. July 27, 1949 Sold new to the first owner B. Bojiolo, resident in
Rosso Corsa with Nero Leather Interior, Nero Dashboard, Nero Carpets, Air Conditioning, Stereo System, Full Ferrari Classiche Certified. Supplied New in France to well known french collector Jean— Jacques "Jacky" Setton, One UK Owner since August 2008 - when we supplied the car to the last owner. The car is featured in the book - "The Setton collection of Automobiles"
Rare desirable Alloy body option Full Ferrari Classiche Certification 1 of 6 UK RHD Alloy 2 Cam models made This Ferrari 275 GTB/2 Alloy bodied car is well known to us - as we have sold it to collectors several times. A very genuine and original car and the interior has fabulous patina. It is RHD and was supplied new on the 9th February 1966 as a long nose - together with the very desirable aluminium body option - for the princely sum of £5311. If you have not driven a 275 GTB with an alloy body - you will be surprised just what a terrific difference this makes to the car's performance. In fact a well set up alloy 2 cam feels at least as lively as a steel bodied 4 cam as a comparison. About 60 Long nose aluminium body cars were built and we believe only 6 were made in RHD. This matching number car once belonged to Paddy McNally and has full Classiche certification - it is ready to tour, compete or enjoy on the road.
Competition car. 1 of 3 in RHD. Eligible for just about every event. Following the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile’s refusal in 1964 to homologate Ferrari’s mid-engined 250 LM in the GT category, Ferrari looked to its upcoming road going 275 GTB. Introduced later that year, the 275 GTB proved to be the company’s last true dual purpose road/race berlinetta in the great Ferrari tradition – equally at home on back roads and highways as on road courses and hill climbs. With a sophisticated chassis, fully independent suspension, attractive bodywork and race-proven Colombo V-12 engine, now displacing 3.3 litres, the car was simply sensational and praised by journalists and critics the world over. The factory competition versions of the 275 GTB are often subdivided into three phases, the first of which began with the early and relatively mild modification of chassis 06003 and 06021. Thereafter, three super lightweight, tube frame specials were built with six-carburettor dry sump engines and bodywork that, while clearly related to the 275 GTB, was markedly different with a 330 LM Berlinetta-style nose and Lusso-style air intake atop the bonnet. In many ways, these racing specials
- One of only eight Superfasts built in right-hand drive - Matching numbers and Ferrari Classiche certification with an extensive history file - Very late Series I example with five-speed gearbox and A/C - The only example originally equipped with rear seats - 13,429 miles from new - Multiple 2015 Concours event winner NB - 12th July 2015 - This car has just won the Cup for the best Pre 1974 front engine V12 in original condition at the 2015 UK Ferrari Owners Club National Event. NB - 28th June 2015 - This car has just won it's class at the 2015 Cartier Style et Luxe at this years Goodwood Festival of Speed In its day, the 500 Superfast represented the pinnacle of Ferrari ownership. Offering a full 400 hp from its 4.9-litre V-12 and capable of exceeding 170 mph, the ultra-exclusive 500 SF attracted Ferrari's elite clients including Principe Sadhruddin Aga Khan, Peter Livanos (later to own Aston Martin), Georges Filipinetti, Reza Pahlavi (the Shah of Iran) and Peter Sellers. The 500 Superfast was a supercar in the truest modern sense of the word: impossibly powerful, beautiful and unbelievably expensive, yet perfectly suited to high-speed continental trips in true GT fashion. Introd
We are pleased to bring into stock this stunning original colour combination, Ferrari Classiche certified 250 GT Lusso in right-hand drive. The 250 GT Lusso is widely regarded as one of the most elegant and timeless designs by Pininfarina of all time. Introduced in 1962 the 250 GT Berlinetta Lusso was Ferrari's latest intermediate model, a vehicle to bridge the gap between competition racers and luxuriously appointed 2+2 Coupe's. 351 examples were built between 1963 and late 64. This particular Right Hand Drive example is one of just 22 cars originally supplied by Maranello Concessionaires and was first delivered in April 1964. The car was collected from the factory and driven back by the first owner. It has remained in the UK ever since and remarkably it is believed the car has only had four private owners from new. With its well-known registration "99 JBU" the car was for many years in the long term ownership of Mr Alexander Fyshe, who showed the car at numerous events during his 30 year ownership. The car was restored in the 90's over a long period by Maranello, it had little use and remained in concours condition for the rest of Fyshe's ownership until 2008 when it was sold to