The Standard Eight was produced from 1938 until 1959. It was originally launched in 1938 as the Flying Eight. After the Second World War the Flying range of Standards was dropped but an updated car called the 8 hp was re-introduced in 1945. In 1953 a completely new car, the Standard Eight was launched sharing virtually nothing with its predecessor. In 1959 the car was dropped to be replaced by the Trimph Herald, as the Standard brand was being phased out.
The 1953 Eight was a completely new car offered only as a 4-door saloon. The new engine of 803 cc produced slightly less power than the outgoing larger sidevalve unit with 26 bhp at 4500 rpm but this was increased to 30 bhp at 5000 rpm in 1957. The 4-speed gearbox, with synchromesh on the top three ratios, was available with optional overdrive from March 1957. Girling hydraulic drum brakes were fitted.
Oldtimerfarm is going to renovate! Due to renovations we are currently publishing less pictures per car on our website. For more pictures or more information please contact Xavier via phone: 0472/401338 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oldtimerfarm specializes in consignment sales of vintage and collection c
left-hand-drive standard 8 58 black 4-door 4-speed overdrive 1958 saloon