1926 Rolls-Royce 45/50hp Silver Ghost 'Warwick' Town Car with open front compartment. Coachwork by Brewster Registration no. DS 6498 Chassis no. S165ML Engine no. 20655 For only $195,000 This Springfield-built, left-hand drive Silver Ghost's first owner was none other than William Brewster, head of the firm responsible for its body. By the time this car was made it had become apparent that left-hand drive was essential for the North American market, an alteration to the Ghost chassis that necessitated the adoption of a new three-speed gearbox with central change. Four-wheel brakes likewise had come to be seen as a necessity rather than an indulgence, though the American version used the New Phantom front axle together with a Westinghouse vacuum booster rather than the British Ghost's mechanical servo. 'S165ML' was the test chassis for this modification, which remains in place to this day. In 1927 'S165ML' passed to its second owner, Mrs Mary Dahlgren Robinson of Rye, New York and in the 1950s was owned in Abington, Pennsylvania by two members of the Schaub family. The next owner listed in the accompanying records is one Duncan Merryweather of Chester Springs, PA followed by Otto C
1926 rolls-royce silver ghost warwick rolls royce rwd luxury 4-seater 2wd
24-30 46th Street
Astoria, 11103, New York
A 1923 Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost Shooting Brake exceeded all expectations...
In line with Rolls-Royce’s position at the top of the luxury car market,...