San Diego, CA 92024
1965 Porsche 356C Coupe
The Porsche 356 was the company’s first production automobile. It was a lightweight and nimble-handling rear-engine rear-wheel-drive 2-door sports car available in hardtop coupe and open configurations. Production started in 1948 at Gmünd, Austria, where approximately 50 cars were built. In 1950 the factory relocated to Zuffenhausen, Germany, and general production of the 356 continued until April 1965.
The basic design of the 356 remained the same throughout its lifespan, with evolutionary, functional improvements rather than annual superficial styling changes. Nevertheless a variety of models in both coupe and convertible forms were produced from 1948 through 1965.
The last revision of the 356 was the 356C introduced for the 1964 model year. It featured disc brakes all round, as well as an option for the most powerful pushrod engine Porsche had ever produced, the 95 hp “SC.”
356 production peaked at 14,151 cars in 1964, the year that its successor, the new 911, was introduced to the US market The company continued to sell the 356C in North America through 1965 as demand for the model remained quite strong in the early days of the heavie
1965 porsche 356 c coupe red 2-door 4-speed 1600cc hardtop lightweight manual german rwd sportscar petrol 2wd