The most desirable and interesting classic Packards are the large, senior cars with rare custom coachwork. This 1926 Packard Custom Eight Model 243 with coachwork by Dietrich Inc. of Detroit was the company’s most formal and luxurious offering of the period, the seven-passenger Stationary Town Cabriolet. It is a beautifully restored and remarkably well-equipped classic automobile that was delivered new in Southern California by distributor Earl E. Anthony Inc. on August 7, 1926 according to the firewall tag. Finished in black, it has black disc wheels, wide whitewall tires, a single rear-mounted spare, black leatherette-covered padded roof, landau bars, wind wings on the front windshield, Trippe lights, stainless steel mesh radiator stone guard, Boyce Motometer and Packard Goddess radiator mascot. Interior features include black leather in the front, brown wool cloth in the rear, blind rear quarters, jump seats, wood steering wheel and roll-up divider window. When the divider is up, rear passengers can still communicate via a speaking tube terminating in a small megaphone near the driver’s ear.
Properly restored to very high standards and with a fine attention to detail, this Packa
left-hand-drive 1926 packard custom 8 243 stationary town convertible black black-leather cloth restored leather black-interior dark-interior