Brunn & Co. of Buffalo, New York had a long tradition of fitting fine quality bodies to Pierce-Arrow, Packard, Rolls-Royce and in particular, Lincoln chassis. Hermann A. Brunn’s German heritage shone through in the high standard of workmanship he demanded as well in his understated, Teutonic designs. In 1937, Packard had taken a liking to one Brunn design in particular, the so-called Clear Vision Touring Cabriolet, which was first shown atop a Lincoln Model K chassis and used as the Brunn Family’s personal transport. This elegant, formal style featured an enclosed driver’s compartment, division window, and an opening Landaulet-style rear treatment that was fully lined and weather tight in the closed position. A most interesting detail was the inclusion of a pair of green-tinted “Neutralite” glass panels above the windscreen, which allow the driver easy sighting of traffic signals as well as giving a more open feel to driver’s compartment. 1939 marked the final year for the legendary Packard Twelve, with end of the custom bodied era soon to follow, as the Brunn Touring Cabriolet was one of only seven selections offered in the 1939 Packard Custom Catalog (5 styles by Rollston, 2 by Brunn). At $8,135, the Brunn Touring Cabriolet atop the 1708 chassis was the most expensive Packard for 1939, and their own literature suggests it would suit as either “limousine or owner-driven sedan”. Chassis with soapbox driver’s seats were shipped from Detroit to Buffalo to be up-fitted by Brunn’s craftsmen. In an effort to save money, Packard required Brunn to use existing door stampings, which in turn had to be heavily reworked to achieve the level of fit dictated by Brunn’s own high standards. This level of perfection resulted in a net loss for Brunn on virtually every unit produced. In the end, customer demand was light and just 22 Packards would feature this stylish and versatile body in the three years it was offered. This handsome 1939 Packard 1708 Twelve Brunn Touring Cabriolet is a fine example of this exclusive model with known history from new. It was first purchased by the Armour family of Chicago who were proprietors of one of the largest, most successful, and sometimes notorious meatpacking companies of the era. The family retained the Packard in their fleet through 1950 when it was purchased by Hal Davock of Fort, Lauderdale Florida. Mr. Davock was a pioneer in the collector car world who valued these special-bodied early Packards at a time when many of them were simply treated as “used cars”. He cared for the car for nine years before passing it to George Tilp of New Jersey. Mr. Tilp was a fascinating character. He was a trained engineer who had turned his father’s metal stamping business, Adams Industries, into a hugely successful operation. Tilp possessed a great love for cars and racing, and he was one of the most influential players in the early days of the SCCA. While not a racer himself, he owned numerous race cars, including an Aston DB2/4 powered by an Offenhauser four-cylinder that was raced by Walt Hansgen, an Offy-powered Ferrari Mondial, and several factory-backed Mercedes 300SL racers. Tilp also served as a primary sponsor for a young Phil Hill as he was starting his career in motorsports, and the two remained good friends until Tilp’s death in 1979. Aside from his racing exploits, Mr. Tilp had an affinity for classic machinery, and this Packard Twelve was counted among his proud fleet that also included a V16 Cadillac and even a restored Pullman Coach. Whilst in his care, Tilp had the Packard returned to its original shade of Brunn Ruby, and actively enjoyed the car, winning numerous CCCA awards along the way. In 1981, the Packard was purchased from George’s son Peter Tilp by Dr. Armand Crescenzi. From 1985 through 1998, the car was in the hands of Al Dumrose of Corrales, New Mexico. All along, this wonderful Packard was maintained in highly original condition thanks to its careful owners. In 1998, the Brunn Packard joined the world famous Otis Chandler collection where it remained until 2003, when it passed into the hands of its most recent owner, a passionate California-based collector of important Full Classic automobiles, who continued to cherish and enjoy the car. Presented in its original Brunn Ruby body with cream yellow accents, this fabulous Packard remains in excellent condition. It is believed that the indicated 38,500 miles is original, as close inspection reveals a car that has been properly maintained through the years, with light restoration work done as needed. Paint and body remain excellent, with Brunn’s renowned quality and detail showing through in the fit of the doors and panels. The handsome body is fully accessorized with dual Trippe Lights, Cormorant Mascot, bumper overriders, trunk rack, and dual covered side-mounts with mirrors. The beautifully appointed interior is trimmed in beige broadcloth with tan carpets and door cards. The driver is treated to an array of stylish and clear instruments – in original condition – and Packard’s typically sensible control layout. For 1939, the shift lever was moved to the column to allow for more front seat leg room. The woodgrained metal dash is beautifully presented, as is the wood on the door caps which continue into the rear compartment. The passenger compartment retains original 1939 upholstery on the seats, as well as beautiful wood, an original Jaeger clock in the division panel, and the original radio with controls in the rear seat arm rest. Mechanically it is in fine order, performing with graceful ease, and retaining the feel of a solid and highly original car. This rare and truly extraordinary Packard is one of just 446 Twelves sold in 1939, with single-digit survivors in this body style; representing the end of the multi-cylinder, coachbuilt era in America. Benefitting from many years of attentive ownership, this fabulous Full Classic remains in fine order, ready for CCCA CARavan tours and similar club events.
This large vintage Packard has been well used for longer distance touring. Older total restoration, still in very nice condition throughout. Original Dietrich styling, a slightly different, lighter rear, to the standard Packard offering. History back to the 1950's. Straight 8 side valve, 6.4 liters. Electric overdrive fitted.
THIS CAR WILL BE SOLD NEXT MONTH AT THE BARRETT JACKSON SCOTTSDALE AUCTION 1 of 3 Roadsters This rumble seat Roadster was the sportiest model of the time and an incredible car. The Twin Six engine is regarded as the first production V12 and was initially offered from 1916 through 1922. Engine specs are 424cid and 90hp. The transmission is 3-speed manual. Examples of the fantastic craftsmanship from the era are abundant throughout the car. Features include a very unusual ornate radiator mascot/motor meter, wooden spoke artillery wheels, a very unusual rear mounted dual spare tire carrier. The engine and serial numbers are correct for the year. The original owner of the car was Joe Daniels from Daniels Packaging company in Rhinelander, Wisconsin. Daniels was in the habit of buying a new car every couple of years and the old one was never traded in--just put in the basement of the packaging company and kept for "posterity". Somewhere in the mid-1970s this car was given as a gift to Fabian Woodzika who owned the sunflower Collection, then to Earl Schutte of Wausau, WI. 1984- The car was purchased by Dave Lindsay of Manawa, WI 1997- Blackhawk Collection 1998- Pat Finney 2016- Current Ow
In 1932, while facing America’s worsening economic depression, luxury car builders seemingly put their heads down and produce ever more luxurious machines at the top of their ranges. But companies like Packard knew they needed large reserves of cash if they were to survive the next few years. One of the strategies employed by Packard to deal with the Great Depression was to consolidate as much of its body construction and trimmings as possible in its own facilities, filling the space that was becoming under-used as production dropped. Factory bodies became ever more popular with buyers, but custom coachbuilding was still far from dead, and Packard was particularly keen on maintaining a strong relationship with Murray Corporation’s affiliate, Dietrich Inc. Raymond Dietrich’s reputation was beyond reproach among stylists of the late 1920s and early 1930s, and his designs provided welcome new ideas and concepts for Packard’s own coachwork. With the 9th series, Dietrich performed some of his best work; beautiful, elegant machines that made the best of Packard’s fabulous new chassis that was larger, more powerful and faster than any standard model that preceded it. In particular, the “Individual Custom by Dietrich” bodies, which were custom tailored for the flagship senior Packard Chassis (9th, 10th and 11th series) truly reflected the masterful talent of Dietrich. Though they could be purchased directly from a Packard dealer, they were hugely expensive, representing the most costly models available aside from true one-off custom coachwork. Each body was custom-tailored to the buyer’s wishes and in many ways they were the last truly custom Dietrich bodies, as later production cars wearing the Dietrich name simply borrowed styling cues from earlier Individual Customs. Even after Dietrich’s ouster from the firm that bore his name, his influence was felt on Packard’s design catalog for many years to come, and Dietrich-bodied Packards continue to draw attention from collectors and enthusiasts for their impeccable, breathtaking style. Our gorgeous featured Packard is a 1932 Eight Deluxe 904 wearing rare and desirable Individual Custom Sport Phaeton coachwork by Dietrich. This fabulous car was sold new on August 18th 1932 by Douglas M. Longyear, Inc., also known as Hollywood Motors, a Packard dealer located just down the road from the Grauman's Chinese Theater. It has been fully restored to concours standards in its fabulous original color scheme of Moss Agate Grey on the body and chassis, with Aztec Olivine Brown feature lines and off-white coach stripes. Fine details include body colored louvers in the radiator grille, and body colored wheel rims contrasting chrome hubs and spokes. The car rides on a set of brand new blackwall tires for an effect that is understated yet quite striking, perfectly suited to Ray Dietrich’s fabulous and sporty styling. As these cars were built to suit for the buyer, it is clear the original owner had quite fine taste. The presentation is fabulous, the car having been treated to a recent full restoration to very high standards of quality. Paintwork, body fitment and detailing are exquisite as one would expect from a concours quality restoration. Chrome plating is beautiful and the body is adorned with a Goddess of Speed mascot, dual sidemount spare wheels with body colored covers, chrome counterweighted bumpers, and an original luggage rack in the rear. The Sport Phaeton body style gives the car a long, low slung and sporting appearance, with its laid-back split windscreen and gracefully sweeping fenders. Rear passengers are kept comfortable thanks to a separate central windscreen with unique, half-moon wind-wings that fold outward. For the full open-air effect, the rear screen can be fully retracted into the back of the front seat. The lush and luxurious cabin is trimmed in light mocha-colored leather front and rear. The seats and carpets appear absolutely fresh with no apparent wear and extremely high quality presentation. Beautiful door panels are covered in matching leather and properly detailed, capped with gorgeous wood trim. The dash houses a beautiful array of factory instruments and controls, all finished to a high standard. As one should expect from such an impeccably prepared Senior Packard of this era, the car is mechanically robust and has been enjoyed for many thousands of miles on tours and events through the years. It remains in fabulous order, with a properly detailed inline-eight cylinder engine and a clean and tidy chassis. The most recent owners have treated the car to a thorough freshening, and it has appeared at events such as the Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance and Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance. This fabulous Individual Custom Dietrich is presented in attractive colors, is a joy to drive and is virtually concours ready. This is a marvelous opportunity to acquire one of the most stylish and desirable Packards of the Classic Era, fresh from long-term stewardship in a large and important collection.
In 1937, Packard produced a very respectable 122,593 cars, a number which they were rightly quite proud of. Of that total, however, a mere 1,300 left the famous Detroit plant with the spectacular twelve-cylinder engine. Period press accolades declared these later series Packard Twelves (1932-1939) as “the nearest thing to steam” such was their seamless, silken and relentless power delivery. The 437 cubic-inch V12 was a beautiful design, said to have inspired Enzo Ferrari to power his own cars with 60-degree V12 engines. Producing a full 175 horsepower, it equaled that by made by the mighty Cadillac Sixteen. By 1937, the Fifteenth-series Packard Twelve had gained independent front suspension adapted from the Junior models, as well as four wheel vacuum-assisted hydraulic brakes and a synchromesh transmission, making it one of the most satisfying of all pre-war Packards to drive, even by today’s modern standards. The 1932-1939 Packard Twelves are still considered by many to be among the finest American automobiles ever produced. Packard traditionally eschewed ornate, showy bodies in favor of sophisticated style and mechanical superiority, and the Twelve was no different. Of the approximately 5,800 examples produced, most were fitted with coachwork that was sophisticated and stylish, but erred toward the conservative side. But a few examples of the Twelve did manage to get into the hands of the more extravagant buyers and were fitted with flamboyant bodies, perhaps the best known among these was LeBaron. Inspired by the great 1934 Packard Twelve LeBaron Sport Phaeton, this striking 1937 Packard is a genuine 15th Series Twelve, wearing custom one-off coachwork and presented in stunning condition. This particular chassis was originally sold by Los Angeles dealer Earl C. Anthony, Inc. wearing limousine coachwork. Somewhere along the way, the limousine body was removed and never replaced. Many years later, the chassis was discovered on the East Coast, mechanically complete but missing most of the rear body. The car was purchased by a German collector, who commissioned the mechanical restoration as well as the design and construction of the gorgeous body it now wears. The car was handed over to Trevor Hirst Restoration and Coachwork in the U.K., where the chassis was carefully stripped down, and, alongside the engine, fully restored using many genuine parts sourced from American Packard experts. The owner drew his inspiration from the LeBaron Sport Phaeton which was an earlier design than his 1937 chassis, posing some issues with proportion and fit which were overcome using sophisticated computer-aided design, as well measurements taken directly from a genuine example in California. An intricate ash frame was built to support the skin, and the panels were crafted using traditional English coachbuilding techniques. Details such as the windscreen frames, door hinges and convertible top frame were engineered and hand built in Mr. Hirst’s workshop. The level of detail and quality of the craftsmanship is truly astounding, and in spite of the modern time line, this is a truly coachbuilt Packard in the most traditional sense. The expert workmanship shines via the beautiful and visually striking metallic indigo paintwork. The modern color suits the flamboyant LeBaron-inspired lines beautifully, and the carefully selected light cream interior provides a lovely contrast. It rides on a set of steel wheels with chrome beauty rings and chrome Packard Twelve wheel covers, which are mounted with wide-whitewall bias-ply tires for the proper road feel and handling. The chrome plating is executed to concours standards with the big bumpers, radiator slats and headlamps presenting in beautiful order. The interior is equally stunning, trimmed in high quality cream colored leather on the seats and door panels. Beautiful oatmeal carpets are bound in matching leather, and the fit and finish is excellent. The dash is finished to a very high standard in lovely light burl wood with an original Packard Twelve fascia housing modern instruments. The rear cowl hinges upward for easy access to the passenger compartment and the soft top is fully functional, covered with a dark blue canvas boot when folded. Mechanically, this car was built to be driven. It starts readily and runs strong, rewarding the driver with excellent road manners. The specification was enhanced with a large capacity fuel tank as well as a stainless steel exhaust system and the engine is properly detailed in correct Packard Green to original spec. It has been regularly used by the most recent owner and it is reported to be a thoroughly enjoyable car for touring. The quality of the construction and beautiful presentation would surely make it welcome in show events with new coachwork classes, or simply an outstanding and gorgeous machine to drive and enjoy with the whole family. Regardless of how you choose to enjoy it, this is a genuine Packard Twelve in excellent mechanical order wearing a stunningly beautiful body, hand built by a gifted craftsman at great expense.
The summer of 1927 saw Packard introduce its newest model, known officially as the Fourth Series, or the 4-43. Based on a 143” wheelbase and powered by the same proven 385 cubic inch inline eight-cylinder engine as the 1926 models, this new car represented a typically evolutionary step forward for Packard. The legendary straight eight featured nine main bearings, L-head valve arrangement and produced 109 horsepower, delivered with sublime smoothness. The engineers at Packard always strove for excellence in reliability, drivability and quality, and they earned the company’s status as producers of some of the finest American cars of the era. As usual with high end pre-war manufacturers, Packard had the freedom to choose from an array of standard catalog bodies, or they could select a custom body built by any number of favored coachbuilders of the era. One of the most prestigious of those American coachbuilders was Walter M. Murphy Coachbuilders of Pasadena, California. Originally from Detroit, Walter M. Murphy was practically born to be in the automobile business. His uncle, William H. Murphy, had bankrolled Henry Ford in 1899 and later worked closely with Henry Leland of Cadillac and Lincoln fame. Young Walter moved to California in 1904, and opened his first dealership in Los Angeles in 1916, representing Simplex and Locomobile. Success came quickly and by 1920, he operated the premier West Coast Lincoln distributorship. At the same time, he recognized the demand for top quality coachwork was not being met, especially to the tastes of his California clientele, so he hired the best talent he could and established Walter M. Murphy Co. coachbuilding. Word spread of Murphy’s quality and exquisite style, particularly among Hollywood elite and the California business world. Their bodies would go on to grace a great number of special European chassis from the likes of Mercedes Benz, Minerva, and Bentley. Murphy also holds the distinction of providing more bodies for Duesenberg J and SJ chassis than any other coachbuilder – nearly a quarter of total production. The intersection of Murphy and Packard was a natural one, as both companies demanded excellence in their products. However, given the more conservative nature of Packard buyers, very few of them opted for Murphy coachwork, making them exceptionally rare finds today. This striking example is one such Packard to originally wear a Murphy body, in this case, a gorgeous “Clear Vision” convertible sedan. While the earliest history of this particular car is yet unknown, it was purchased by its most recent owner some 40 years ago as a restoration project. As so often happens, life and business took precedent over the Packard, but the owner held on to the car, knowing he had something special on his hands. Finally, within the last 10 years, the owner was able to treat the car to a much-deserved, no-expense-spared, body-off restoration undertaken by Vintage Motorcars of Westbrook, Connecticut. This Packard 4-43 Custom Eight is now presented in a wonderful combination of two-tone red, featuring a bright red main body and subtle, darker red fenders, chassis and body feature lines. A dark red canvas top and two-tone disc wheels complete the look, in a subtle, yet visually imposing manner highlighting the masterful Murphy styling. The restoration is excellent, with superb paint and finish quality. Chrome drum-style Tilt Ray headlamps flank the chrome Packard radiator grille, which is topped with a Packard Moto Meter in combination with a Goddess of Speed mascot. The rear features an upholstered, fitted trunk as well as a trunk rack to handle any additional luggage. Dual side mount spares and painted disc wheels have been fitted with fresh black-wall tires that lend this car a marvelous, aggressive look. The bumpers are accented with red-painted brackets, further enhancing the sporting appearance of the Murphy bodywork. The lavish interior is trimmed in gorgeous and supple tobacco-colored antiqued leather. The quality and execution are outstanding, with the deep brown colors wonderfully judged against the rich red of the body and canvas top. Door panels are trimmed in the same subtle antiqued leather as the seats, with intricate stitching and beautiful detail. Like the seats, the brown carpets are expertly fitted, lining the front and rear compartments as well as the lower edges of the door cards. We particularly like the details such as leather covered sills with Murphy badges grace all four doors. The marvelous interior not only looks fabulous, but when viewed in person, the colors, materials and quality can be truly appreciated. As a convertible sedan, this Packard features a fully opening soft top, with the all-weather comfort afforded by roll up windows that seal tight against the top frame. The dash is equipped with original instruments and is finished to original specification with a beautiful wood grain finish. A stylish finish touch is the marbleized shift knob topping the gear lever. Packard’s turbine-like 385 cubic inch inline-eight is presented in excellent condition, detailed to a high standard in correct Packard green with black porcelain manifolds. A set of period Champion spark plugs demonstrate the level of detail achieved in the restoration. Since the project was completed, this stunning 4-43 Custom Eight has been minimally shown and is eligible for any number of AACA, CCCA or similar events. Show quality finishing, excellent road manners and stunning Murphy coachwork combine to make this one seriously rare and highly desirable Packard.
Lowered price from €55.000 -> €44.950 Packard was an American luxury-type automobile marque built by the Packard Motor Car Company of Detroit, Michigan, and later by the Studebaker-Packard Corporation of South Bend, Indiana. The first Packard automobiles were produced in 1899, and the last in 1958. The Packard One-Twenty was produced from 1935 through 1937 and again from 1939 through 1941. The One-Twenty signified Packard's move into the mid-priced eight cylinder market; a highly competitive segment that was filled with many marques with numerous offerings, options and price ranges. The move had been made due to financial reasons and the need to stay competitive; the Great Depression was taking its tool on the entire automotive industry but mostly on the high priced manufactures. The lower cost marques also had a tough time but a few were still able to move a considerable amounts of products and wade out this terrible time in history. The One-Twenty was quickly designed, created, and made ready for sale. First offered in 1935, it could be purchased in numerous body styles that included coupes, convertibles, and two- and four-door configurations. Under the hood lurked an L-Head eigh
High quality older restauration ( Very beautiful and stately presentation. Ready to enjoy and ideal for a Packard enthusiast to share with his family. Packard Super Eight was the name given to the larger of the two 8-cylinder luxury automobiles produced between 1939 and 1951. After 1942, Packard concentrated on the new Clipper styling that was developed for an upper-class sedan the previous year. There were Super Clippers and Custom Super Clipper in the One-Sixty and One-Eighty tradition until 1947. After a heavy facelift, the name Clipper was dropped. The most senior Super Eight One-Eighty became the Custom Eight, while its slightly lower-priced sibling, the Super Eight One-Sixty, once again became simply the Super Eight. Clipper Custom Super Eights and Custom Eights were very close relatives to their respective Super models, distinguished outside by the lack of an eggcrate grille and small rear chrome trim moulding under the trunk lid on Supers. In 1949, a new Super Eight Deluxe was added to the line. This car had also the Custom Eight's eggcrate grille, but not the rear trim. The entire range of Packard's motorcars was renamed for the 1951 model year (twenty-fourth series), when
1933 Packard 1001 Eight Coupe Roadster Chassis number: 60928 Excellent history from new. Great to drive with 8 cylinders and desirable options. First year with down-draft carburetor and full syncro transmission. Premium frame-up restoration with multiple awards including Classic Car Club of American National First and 100 Point C.C.C.A. Senior Award. Rare, one year only style.
1939 Packard 1707 V-12 Convertible Victoria Chassis number: B602372 One of 17 V-12 1707 Victoria Convertibles built in 1939! 2003 AACA National First, Senior and Premier Award Winner! This 14th Victoria Convertible produced in 1939 was sold new on August 5th, 1939 for $5,232. The car is finished in a sparkling black with a matching high-quality convertible top and sits on a generous 134” wheelbase. The interior is done in red leather seating and door panels with burl walnut wood grain on the instrument panel and door tops to provide a luxurious look. Equipment includes desirable options, among them the $240 column shifter, covered dual side mounted spare wheels, Trippe lights, front optional bumper guards, side mirrors and a radio mounted on the firewall with a push-button dashboard-mounted dial. The radio antenna is a functioning part of an extremely special hood ornament that generates even more rarity for this already rare machine. The Cormorant mascot antenna is worth several thousands of dollars in today’s market, if one can be found. Mechanically, the Victoria Convertible is equipped with a synchromesh three-speed standard transmission and is easy to handle with Packard’s mec
1933 Packard Super Eight Model 1004 7-Passenger Sedan Chassis no. 654-I63 Engine no. 751263 385ci Side-Valve Inline 8-Cylinder Engine Single Stromberg Carburetor 145bhp at 3,200rpm 3-Speed Manual Transmission Front and Rear Leaf Spring Suspension 4-Wheel Servo-Assisted Drum Brakes *Subject of a $250,000 restoration *2013 AACA Senior First Place winner *High quality Packard from the peak of the classic era *CCCA Full Classic™ 1933 Packards are wonderfully made and styled automobiles - it was only a shame there were so few who could afford to buy them. 10th series production totaled a meager 4,800 units, a far cry from the 16,613 for the 9th series, and way down from the nearly 55,000 sold in 1929. The 10th series would represent Packard's smallest output of the Classic era. Built on the 142-inch wheelbase, the model 1004 was offered with 14 individual body styles. Priced at $3,090 at new, the 7-Passenger Sedan was one of the more expensive body styles available but was still one of the more popular ones for its luxurious practicality. All the same, only 1,327 Super Eight chassis were built, 788 of which were the longer wheel base models. This specific sedan has been the fortunate re
Most enthusiasts will agree that Packard’s glory days began in earnest in the late 1920s and ran through the mid-1930s. During this time, the famed Detroit automaker was building some of the finest automobiles on the market, expanding its reputation around the world and supplying machines to moguls and Hollywood stars. The over-engineered nature of their chassis and engines earned them a reputation of exceptional reliability. Packard also offered a staggering array of body, chassis and engine combinations that could be tailored to suit virtually any client, providing they had the necessary funds. For the more discerning clientele with deeper pockets, a chassis could be fitted with a bespoke body by any one of twenty custom body builders at their disposal. Packards of this era were grand, yet elegantly restrained. They are considered by many to be the very finest automobiles of their time. The model 443 of 1928 was part of the Fourth Series and was one of the most impressive automobiles of its day. It rode on an immense 143” wheelbase regardless of body style, giving it a sense of presence that few could match. Motivation was courtesy of a nearly silent straight-eight that displaced 383 cubic inches, and produced an understressed 109 horsepower and a steady wave of torque. As with other Packards of this period, the 443 was not an intimidating car to drive thanks to the slick gearbox, powerful brakes and excellent road manners, and it was preferred by famous people the world over, including famous French aviator Dieudonne Costes and H.R.H. the Prince of Wales, among others. Our featured example is a 443 Eight dual-windshield Phaeton from 1928. This is an extremely well-preserved older restoration that performs well and presents in very attractive condition. The body is finished in a handsome combination of medium brown with dark brown beltline, black fenders and dark orange disc wheels and body accents. It’s a surprisingly attractive combination that sets this car apart from others. The signature Packard disc wheels are fitted with whitewall tires all around, including the dual sidemount spares. The styling is very sporting for a large car, particularly with the canvas top erected, which imparts a rakish and aggressive look, particularly in profile. Paint quality and body work are excellent on this quality restoration. The chrome and brightwork are in similarly excellent condition, showing deep shine and minimal flaws. The imposing Packard radiator shell is protected by a stainless steel stone guard, while windwings, cowl lamps, outside mirrors and a trunk rack round out the accessories. The gorgeous interior is trimmed in dark tan leather which finely complements the exterior paint colors. Being a dual-windshield Phaeton, rear passengers have their own adjustable windscreen with windwings to keep them comfortable and unruffled during a top-down blast. A past owner installed a set of handsome wooden cabinets behind the driver’s seat which appears to be the only deviation from originality in the cabin, and would make a rather nice drinks-cabinet to keep rear passengers even happier than they would already be. The wood dash and door caps are restored with deep gloss and the instruments presented beautifully in the center of the fascia. Certainly stylish and dapper, this Packard is also mechanically excellent, thanks to regular use and care since the restoration was completed. The 383 cubic inch inline eight cylinder starts readily and performance is excellent for a car of this size and stature. The grand 443 has a tendency to shrink around the driver once out on the road making them among the most enjoyable large classics to drive and extremely popular among touring enthusiasts. Thanks to the obvious care this example has received, it remains attractive enough for show. As a CCCA approved Full Classic, it would be extremely well-suited for CARavan Touring and a welcome addition to any collection of fine automobiles.