This Aston Martin DB5 comes from the estate of Peter Wheeler, the ex-owner of TVR. The car, chassis number 1588/R was delivered in June 1964, and was originally finished in Pearl Black with a red Connolly hide interior. It was fitted with a ZF five-speed manual gearbox, Selectaride dampers and Motorola radio, among other options.
When Peter Wheeler picked it up in 2006, the DB6 had already been substantially rebuilt since 1999 - the modifications all being made for competition. So, flared rear arches were fitted, as well as uprated brakes and suspension. A competition fuel tank installed in the boot and an MSA/RAC approved Gartrac roll cage fitted.
It was then sent to David Jack at Aston Engineering in Derby for a full engine rebuild to 4.2-litre fast road spec with dyno sheets from October 2001 showing 327bhp and 304lb ft. A competition differential was also fitted along with an uprated dog-leg gearbox, new Weber carbs and numerous other modifications to make it suitable for track work. After all this, the car saw seven hours of competition action before Peter Wheeler bought it in February 2006.
Over the next three years the car was only lightly used by Peter, mainly for trips to the TVR factory in Blackpool, only clocking up around 300 miles. Since his death it has seen further very light use, mainly for an annual trip to the MoT station. Still said to be in excellent running order, it is currently taxed and is MoT'd until June 2013.