Morgan had the recipe absolutely right in 1960 - the sliding pillar front suspension still had long enough travel to be comfortable on bumpy roads, the TR engine was strong and sounded great - and front disc brakes had finally become an option in late 1959.
This lovely two-seater Plus 4 left the factory in late 1960 bound for the USA, in Westminster Green with wire wheels and disc brakes.
Repatriated back to the UK in 2016, the chassis, body and suspension were in superb condition but the gearbox jumped out of second and the engine was just beginning to knock.
So, the gearbox went off to Morgan Moss gearbox legend Billy Bellinger and the engine came out for a professional rebuild. Fitted with 87mm pistons and liners, giving 2186cc and promising lots of torque, all top quality parts were used and documented.The crankshaft was ground to 20thou mains, 30thou big ends, the thrusts remain standard.
The engine is a TR4 unit, fitted with the TR4A cylinder head and twin Stromberg 175's, with tubular exhaust manifold, promising Super Sports levels of performance for a fraction of the price.
The car is now fully run in and driving so well, retaining its original condition and patina of a 58 year old car. All matching numbers and Morgan build record.
For more details contact Keith