Morgans evolved slowly, retaining distinctive, classic Morgan features like the sliding pillar independent front suspension shared with the first Morgan 3-wheelers and the marque’s classic body construction of lightweight panels over ash framing. But while evolution was slow, Morgans did evolve and this 1953 Plus 4 exemplifies the progression. It was built in 1953 as a righthand drive standard ‘Flat-rad’ drophead, then returned to the factory in January 1954 for conversion to lefthand drive. Later that year it was again back at Morgan’s where it was updated to its present configuration with the ‘new pattern’ raised headlamp arrangement, a ’rounded stone guard’ radiator surround and Cam Gears steering. It is also powered by the more powerful Triumph engine that was available from Morgan from mid-1953 instead of the previous model’s Standard Vanguard unit. Finished in a medium blue on the body with dark blue fenders, a medium blue leather interior and a dark blue cloth convertible top, this rare left-hand drive Morgan Plus 4 also is one of the more luxurious and expensive three position drophead coupe models. It has steel wheels with hubcaps, Firestone whitewall tires, dual rear-moun
left-hand-drive 1953 morgan 4 convertible coupe blue blue-leather cloth lightweight restored leather blue-interior british sportscar rwd petrol fast 2wd dark-interior
2310 Chaffee Drive
Saint Louis, MO 63146, Missouri
To celebrate 65 years of the Morgan Plus 4, the Malvern-based sportscar ...
Some may point to Rolls-Royce and Bentley as the embodiment of a quintes...