BGB 348 was built on the 6th October 1937 and UK registered on the 18th October. Whilst we do not have an early history with the MG, the V5 only records one former keeper up to 26th November 2010. In 2010 the MG was purchased by one of our regular customers in South Yorkshire and during 2011 was part exchanged and in our ownership for the first time. We sold the car immediately on arrival to a local couple who have covered over 1000 miles over the past three years.
When the MG initially arrived with us in 2011 it appeared to be a nicely aged, honest car that had been restored many years ago. We put the MG through our workshop and carried out some brake re-commissioning, adjusted wheel bearings, greased round as necessary and put the MG through and MOT. We also replaced oils, spark plugs and carried out a general service. The paintwork had lost its shine and the new owners decided to spend several thousand pounds having the car fully stripped down, wings removed, all chrome including the radiator removed and the body prepared and treated to a full professional re-paint at our body and paint facility Malton Coachworks.
The recent owners were relatively new to classic cars and were ke
1937 mg ta restored
Corner Farm, West Knapton
West Knapton, YO17 8JB, North Yorkshire
The Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs and the DVLA are gettin...
Does it make sense for your restoration project, notified as off-the-roa...