YD 9446 Chassis Number : 0495 Restored in 2013 by the secretary of the MG Car Club. During the restoration the body was sand blasted, the wings leaded and plated, the headlamps were rechromed and re silvered, a new wiring loom was fitted, a new petrol tank was fitted, new exhaust was fitted, the instruments were refurbished, a VW distributor conversion was added, and new wheel bearings were fitted. Minimal mileage has been covered since restoration. Supplied with serviceable hood and side curtains.
We are delighted to offer onto the market a beautifully presented 1935 MG PA. Please e-mail for further details and photographs. Please also see model information and specifications taken from the MG Owner's Club website. The P type Midget was launched in March 1934 as the replacement for the J2. It is well recognised that the P type had similarities with previous Magnas and Magnettes and its parentage derived from the M and J types. 'Autocar' magazine road tested the P type in November of that year and reported "This latest model is a marked improvement in all respects over its forerunners". Sales literature produced by Abingdon claimed, "In all there are over one hundred new and improved features". With good reports in the motoring press it was no surprise that the car sold well, with serious production starting at the end of January 1934; over two hundred cars a month were coming off the production lines. The P type was fitted with an all new 847cc engine, with three main bearings supporting the rigid crankshaft. This allowed higher engine revolutions to be employed with safety. An improved Tecalemit oil lubrication and filtering system was a welcome addition to the engine. This