The MGA is a sports car produced by MG division of the British Motor Corporation from 1955 to 1962. The MGA replaced the older T-type cars and represented a complete styling break from the older vehicles. The car was officially launched at the Frankfurt Motor Show of 1955. It was replaced by the MGB when production ceased in July 1962.
Through that time, BMC sold 101,081 units, the vast majority of which were exported with only 5869 cars sold on the home market, the highest export percentage of any British car. The design dates back to 1952 when MG designer Syd Enever created a streamlined body for George Philips' TD Le Mans car.
The problem with this car was the high seating position of the driver because of the limitations of using the TD chassis. A new chassis was designed with the side members further apart and the floor attached to the bottom rather than the top of the frame sections. A prototype was built and shown to the BMC chairman Leonard Lord. Lord turned down the idea of producing the new car as he had just signed a deal with Donald Healey to produce Austin-Healey cars two weeks before. Falling sales of the traditional MG models caused a change of mind and the car, init
left-hand-drive mg a 1500 roadster red 60 white 4-speed 1600cc manual 1960 convertible mga rwd 2wd
MG has made some cracking cars since it set up in business in 1924. Argu...
The Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs and the DVLA are gettin...