By the late 1960’s, Maserati had all but abandoned its racing exploits and was now finding its legs as manufacturer of exclusive road going GT cars. Tragic events at the 1957 Mille Miglia meant Works motorsport activities were over, though a few racing cars were still being built for private entries into the early 1960’s. Up to that point, Maserati road cars were thinly veiled racing machines – fast, beautiful and fragile and put on the road with the sole purpose of funding factory racing efforts. But financial struggles and increasing competition from Ferrari, Porsche and Ford meant that road cars had to be their focus. Chief Engineer Giulio Alfieri guided his team through the transition from their focus on racing machines to luxurious, exotic sports and GT cars. The six-cylinder 3500 GT hit the streets accompanied by its exclusive, bespoke bigger brother, the 5000GT. But the 5000GT was hugely expensive and not a money maker for the company. What they really needed were cars that could be built in greater volume. So Maserati’s lineup was further refined and in 1963, their first four-door sedan was introduced and given the name “Quattroporte” – Italian for “four doors”. Where the Q
left-hand-drive 1967 maserati quattroporte saloon yellow 4-door 5-speed black-leather manual restored v8 rwd petrol luxury italian fast leather black-interior 2wd dark-interior
2310 Chaffee Drive
Saint Louis, MO 63146, Missouri
A rather special Maserati Quattroporte V, previously owned by the intern...
The fifth-gen QP went on sale in May 2004. It used a 394bhp version of t...