loading Loading please wait....

search results

2 Results

search results

Maserati Mistral
0 0 GBP
  • Maserati Mistral 4000 Spyder 1967 Bianco Polo Park

    POA POA

    The Maserati Mistral was a wonderful 2-seat gran turismo produced between the years of 1963 and 1970. It was the successor to the 3500 GT, the styling was done by Frua, while the car was bodied by Maggiora in Turin. Limited in its production the coupés saw a total number of 828 examples, while the elusive Spyder just had 125 examples made. The name of the car derives from the cold northerly wind of southern France, it was also the first in a series of classic Maseratis to be give the name of a wind. The Mistral is the last model from the Casa del Tridente (“House of the Trident”) to have the company's renowned twin-spark, double overhead cam straight six engine. Fitted to the Maserati 250F Grand Prix cars, it won 8 Grand Prix between 1954 and 1960 and one F1 World Championship in 1957, being driven by Juan Manuel Fangio. The engine featured hemispherical combustion chambers fed by a Lucas indirect fuel injection system, a new development for Italian car manufacturers. Maserati subsequently moved on to V8 engines for their later production cars to keep up with the demand for ever more powerful machines. Three engine were fitted to the Mistral, displacing 3500, 3700 and 4000 cc and d

    For sale
    POA POA
    VSOC
    +31 0252 218 980 View contact number
    VSOC
    +31 0252 218 980 View contact number
  • 1965 Maserati Mistral

    POA POA

    The choice power plant that propelled the Maserati brothers to victory since their presence was known in 1914 has predominantly been the Twin-Cam, Twin Plug, straight 6-cylinder engine. A combination of torque, balance, power and lightness, it was a durable engine that was predominately the basis for much of their success. This engine found its way into the Grand-Prix winning 250F as well as road cars alike, such as the A6 Series, and of course Maserati’s first mass-produced sports car, the 3500GT. Unfortunately the quintessential Maserati power plant was not immortal. By 1963 the demand for power was ever pressing amongst the exotic/supercar manufacturers and an all-new twin-cam V8 would replace the 6-cyldiner, first debuting in the Quattroporte. Thus the last car to carry the fabled 6-cylinder, twin cam, twin plug race bred power plant was the Maserati Mistral. Penned by Frua, clothed in aluminum, and designed, as a GT car to be rivaled by only the best the Mistral was the end of an era for Maserati but a true masterpiece in many ways. The example on offer, chassis # AM109296IGM was recently discovered out of long-term ownership in Long Island, NY. It appears that time has taken

    • Year: 1965
    For sale
    POA POA