Lincoln Continental MK2 Hardtop coupe 1956 very rare The Lincoln was at the introduction in 1955 the most expensive and most luxurious car of the American production available. The Continental MK2 was provided with power windows, power steering, power brakes and power seats. This impressive hard top coupe was delivered in a very beautiful white paint and beautiful chromeparts. Recently the brakes and brake assister were fully revised. The interior has beautiful leather in a red and white colourcombination and looks as new. Even the impressive steering wheel has leather too. Only 1600 examples of the Lincoln MK2 left. A rare classic car for collectors. Car has Holland title and Holland mot/tuv. Easy to register in every EU country. You do not need to pay any import taxes. We can help with transport.
Lincoln Continental Convertible, 1965, V8 big Block, suicide doors in good condition The Lincoln Continental convertible was the most luxurious Lincoln. The model got its famous suicide doors from 1960’s. This 1965 model had beautiful green paint. The green leather interior offers lots of comfort. Dashboard has many original chrome. The softtop is electric and in good shape. The Big Block V8 , 7047CC, 324HP engine has an automatic gearbox and is a very comfortable car to drive.
Lincoln Continental MKV 1979 Opera window, baremetal respray, lots of money invested into it. Very nice example.AUTO..
The Classic Car Gallery is proud offer this Rare 1948 Lincoln Continental Convertible. The car is in excellent driver condition, and was clearly restored at some time in her past. This post war Lincoln is one of only 452 produced in 1948 and marks the last model of V12 American car ever produced. The body was repainted in her original Pace Car Yellow and all exterior chrome and trim was either replaced or refurbished. The 292ci V12 runs very well and produces great power and torque. The 130 3-Speed manual transmission shifts smoothly and transitions through gears with ease. The Pace Car Yellow paint is in overall good shape but has some signs of age. The paint has flaked in a few areas, but is in overall healthy condition. The tan canvas top is new, the rear plastic window is clear and the hydraulic top mechanism operates as it should. The Burgundy Leather interior is in excellent shape and has very little wear. The dash and all supporting instrumentation shows well and the clock, radio (radio doesnt play), gauges all light up and work. The hydraulic windows work well, and all mechanical systems work as they should. The car just received a full tune-up, including fluid change and
Henry M. Leland may not be a household name in the same way that Henry Ford is, but his influence on the American automotive landscape is no less important and far reaching. A machinist and inventor who learned tool making in the firearms industry, he was at the leading edge of automobile development at the turn of the 20th century. During his time running the Leland and Faulconer he supplied engines for Ransom E. Olds. He also, incidentally, invented the electric barber’s clipper! In 1902, Leland was brought in to the Henry Ford Company to appraise their assets prior to liquidation. Leland complied but suggested they reorganize and build a car based on an engine Leland supplied to Olds. The new company was called Cadillac and they set to work building some of the finest early motorcars available. Leland applied many of the lessons he learned in the firearms business to the automobile, most importantly, the use of interchangeable parts. Leland sold Cadillac to General Motors in 1909, but remained in charge. He headed the development of the electric self-starter alongside Charles Kettering in 1912. A dispute over the production of Liberty Aircraft engines led to his departure from Cadillac in 1916, and his subsequent founding of another great American luxury marque – Lincoln. The Model L was Henry Leland’s first model since he formed Lincoln Motor Company following his contentious departure from Cadillac. Introduced in 1917, the Model L was designed by Leland’s son-in-law, Angus Woodbridge who, curiously, was trained as a ladies hat maker. In spite of Mr. Woodbridge’s unconventional training, the Model L was a fine car, if perhaps viewed as a bit old-fashioned in its day. Financial troubles hit the company hard during the post WWI recession, and in 1922 Leland sold Lincoln to Henry Ford for $8 million. Ford immediately displaced Leland and Woodbridge, and assigned his own son Edsel to head the new division. Edsel, unlike his father, understood the importance of style on a high end automobile and he designed a new body for the L-series, and improved handling with the addition of hydraulic shock absorbers. They also streamlined the production process, saving vast amounts of money and turning Lincoln into a profitable business in less than a year. By 1925, the robust L-Series was restyled again with a new nickel-plated radiator shell. The 90 horsepower V8 and three-speed transmission remained and the car sold well, offered in a variety of body styles. Our featured example is from 1925 and is dressed in a rare and attractive convertible coupe body by LeBaron. It is finished in a unique tri-tone scheme, with medium khaki body sides, darker hood and accent lines, and black fenders and swage lines. The colors are accented with red pinstripes and red wire wheels, giving a fun and sporting appearance. This Model-L wears a very well preserved older restoration featuring an array of fantastic period accessories. Body lines are very good, and the high quality LeBaron convertible coupe body exhibits excellent fit and finish for the period, however the paint is just starting to show some age. Starting at the front end, it wears nickel plated Drum headlights, a badge bar-mounted drum spot light, and a very rare OWL accessory light mounted high on the radiator shell. Whoever the heroic original owner was in 1925 must have enjoyed high-speed motoring at night! Atop the nicely restored radiator sits the famous Lincoln Greyhound mascot. Moving back, you find drum cowl lights, dual sidemount spare tires with mirrors, an opening windscreen and body side golf-bag door. Rumble seat passengers are treated to their own folding windshield to ensure their comfort and a covered trunk sits out back on a folding rack. The LeBaron designed body is very stylish and well-proportioned with a long, tapering rear deck and it wears the accessories well without appearing overwrought. The cozy cockpit is trimmed in period appropriate cloth which presents in good condition, showing little wear since the restoration was completed. Wood on the dash, door caps and steering wheel are all in good order and the original instrumentation is all intact and attractive. The rumble seat is trimmed in brown leather, which would be correct for the period, as it was harder wearing and more likely to see weather. The flat head 90 horsepower V8 engine is very nicely presented in correct gray paint on the heads and cylinders. Polished hardware, correct clamps and painted accessories round out the detailing. The engine is mated to a 3-speed manual gearbox which is strong and easy to operate. With lots of interesting accessories, a very rare and desirable LeBaron body and a quality restoration that has been very well maintained, this Lincoln L is sure to charm its next owner.
Edsel Ford was the only son of Henry Ford, but the two men could not have been more different. Edsel Ford was worldly, gifted with fine taste and a patron of the arts – including his many personally funded commissions that helped American coachbuilders survive the early years of the Great Depression. It is an irony then that the automobile created to be a tribute to Edsel Ford instead became an embarrassment when it was introduced 14 years after Edsel’s early death in 1943, at the age of 49. In his highly productive lifetime, Edsel Ford become president of Ford Motor Company and encouraged Ford’s purchase of the Lincoln Motor Company from the founding Lelands. He persuaded his father to discontinue production of the Model T – the most successful car in the world at the time – and he led the development of the stylish Model A that was sometimes referred to as ‘a little Lincoln’. He also created the first styling department at Ford in 1935, hiring E.T. ‘Bob’ Gregorie as styling director. The idea of for the Lincoln Continental came directly from Edsel Ford’s worldly view. The story has been told many times that the younger Ford returned from a European trip struck with the coachwork he observed travelling on the Continent. Ford tasked Bob Gregorie to create a custom coachbuilt automobile on a Lincoln Zephyr chassis with the clean, unadorned lines and minimal chrome trim of the European cars he admired. The first Lincoln Continental prototype was shipped to Florida in March 1939, where Edsel Ford and his family wintered at Hobe Sound near Palm Beach. Edsel Ford’s Continental-style Lincoln was greeted with rave reviews and questions about production from just the crowd he hoped to attract. A second prototype was constructed for refinement and the Lincoln Continental went into production just six months later in October 1939 as a 1940 model. Like the first prototype, the Continental was constructed with the same 125- inch chassis as the Lincoln Zephyr. The engine in the first production Continental was a 292 c.i. flathead V-12 producing 120 horsepower, with a three-speed column shifter. The body was all new. In comparison with the Zephyr, the driver’s seat was moved back, the hood was longer and both the roof and the side profile of the car were dramatically lowered. The Cabriolet, like the prototypes, had closed rear roof quarters that visually stretched the length of the car together with the spare tire mounted at the rear of the car. Interior trim featured a gold colored finish. The extensively revised 1942 Lincoln Continental shared the Zephyr’s new styling format that was distinguished by a lower ride height and squared off fenders as well as the Zephyr’s wider, two-piece grille. Engine size increased to 306 c.i. with 130 horsepower. Like all of the industry, 1942 Lincoln production was cut short for the war effort and a total of only 1,236 1942 Lincolns were produced including just 136 Cabriolets. The automobile offered here is one of only a few 1942 Lincoln Continental Cabriolets that are thought to survive. The subject of an older ground up restoration, the car presents beautifully today. Finished in Victoria Coach Maroon paint, with a tan leather interior and tan top, the condition of the leather is very good showing only very slight signs of use on the driver’s side. The paint quality is very good, with nice panel fit and finish. The fully restored dashboard is pure 1940s glamour, trimmed in proper gold accents that gleam in elegant compliment to both the exterior and the interior. Being a very prestigious car in its day, it is well-equipped with a radio, heater, power windows, power operated convertible top, clock, and full instrumentation. The wheels are finished with correct chrome hubcaps and trim rings that are in very good condition and the polished chrome trim on the exterior is also in very good condition. The flathead V12 engine looks impressive and is very well detailed in the engine bay. This engine was never intended to make big power, but rather, it was highly regarded for its smoothness in operation. Quiet, silky and with a broad, flat torque curve, it provides effortless operation whether tooling around town or touring long distances on main roads. A three speed manual transmission feeds power to a standard Columbia 2-speed overdrive rear axle. The car drives smoothly and almost silently, seeming to practically float over the road in comparison with its pre-war contemporaries. This is more than a beautiful car. The restoration has been done to show-driver standards, and it has seen regular use since the restoration was completed. This pre-war Lincoln Continental Cabriolet would be welcomed by the Classic Car Club of America, the Antique Automobile Club of America and the Lincoln & Continental Owners Club – as well as many other events – and would be a standout at any of these gatherings.
Don Draper should have driven this car. This red 1956 Lincoln Premiere Series hardtop coupe is everything the Fabulous Fifties were about – forward looking, longer, lower and wider. The sleek ‘flow-through’ styling eliminated any remaining hint of separate fenders. The Premiere Series was introduced in 1956 as the top of the line Lincoln – a step up from the previously style-leading Capri line. The pillar-less hardtop coupe and convertibles took the style to the highest level, with buyers preferring the hardtop coupe by a margin of nearly eight-to-one. “Unmistakenly Lincoln” read the ads and, for once, the car lived up to its expectations. In the mid-1950s, Lincoln was a venerable luxury brand noted for quality engineering, high performance and understated luxury, searching for a distinctive identity. The striking new look of the 1956-1957 Lincolns achieved that goal, and represented the only all-new styling in the industry when they were introduced for 1956. The look clearly reflected elements of the 1953 Lincoln XL-500 and the 1955 Lincoln Futura show cars and seemed aimed directly at prosperous post-war Americans who were building careers, families and Atomic Ranch-style houses. The design carried forward the nose and the sharply peaked front fenders and elongated rear quarters the XL-500 and Futura predicted, but the clean flow-through look had an identity all of its own. Interiors also met an expectation of stylish design, quality materials and a certain amount of understatement. The engine and chassis were same that had dominated the big car class at the Mexican Carrera Panamericana road race in 1952-1953-1954, with a 368 cubic-inch version of Lincoln’s easy-breathing first ohc Y-block V8 producing 275-285 horsepower and 400+ pounds of torque, riding on a 126-inch wheelbase. This pillar-less hardtop example, finished in Huntsman Red with a red and black leather interior accented by a black dashboard cover, carpet and pleated seat inserts, is a very nice older cosmetic restoration that included new paint, new chrome, a new interior and a highly detailed engine compartment. As originally built, the car luxuriously includes a Lincoln ‘Turbo Drive’ automatic transmission, power steering and brakes, power seat and power windows. The unique dashboard mounts the speedometer, warning lights and clock above the safety-padded dash panel, with switches below the center of the dash. Aircraft-style levers mounted to the left of the deep-dish steering wheel control air and temperature. Exterior details include restrained use of side chrome with gold-colored accents. Period-correct wide whitewall tires are mounted on stylish red wheel rims with Lincoln Premiere logo full wheel covers. This is an automobile that makes a strong statement. Don Draper didn’t drive this car, but you can – complete, detailed and ready to be enjoyed.
In 1961, Lincoln’s range was realigned to just one car: the new Continen...
One of the last designs by a former General Motors’ design guru will be ...
The ultra-cool looking Lincoln Continental launched in 1961 represented ...