1951-1954 LANCHESTER Fourteen/Leda specificationshttp://www.classicandperformancecar.comClassic and Performance CarClassic and Performance Car
Both Lanchester and Daimler were owned by BSA, giving the parent company a great excuse to experiment with badge engineering in the 1950s. Lanchester’s 14 was the first version of what would become better known as the Daimler Conquest. With a four-cylinder engine of 2-litres and 60bhp, it was pedestrian in both performance and looks, although the drophead coupé cut a dash. The Leda name was used abroad, to denote cars that had a steel frame instead of the wooden one of the UK cars. The last car to wear the Lanchester name.