In 1938 the car was fitted with a later and rarer LG6 Sanction - 1V engine, which essentially was a Meadows 4.5 litre engine that was breathed upon and developed by W.O. Bentley during his stint at Lagonda. He later went on to design the Lagonda V12 and the 6 cyl. engine used by Aston Martin post-war. In the 1980's the car and its running gear were restored to a high standard by Peter Whenman of Phoenix Engineering in Hartley Witney. At this time he re-bodied the car with it's current T8 open tourer body and subsequently the owner replaced the gearbox with possibly the best gearbox available in period, the Alvis 4.3 synchromesh, the internals of which coming from a cutaway display model; thus in perfect order. Further improvements include double Andre Hartford shock absorbers. All these modifications have tranformed the way the car drives and handles. This striking Lagonda has been owned by its current owner for the last 21 years and has been maintained to a high standard. Currently the car is in fine fettle. The engine is strong and very smooth. The body is in excellent condition and the paint is superb. The trim has clearly been used but looks all the better for it. This is a ver
1933 lagonda m45 tourer restored v12
Beaulieu Garage Ltd
Beaulieu, SO42 7YE, Hampshire
A rather special 1954 Lagonda 3 Litre Drophead Coupe, ordered new by HRH...