Registration No: EP 97 Chassis No: 12203/R Engine No: LG45/370R/S3 In 1933 Lagonda announced a new 4½ litre model fitted with an engine built by the Meadows company. This was a robust unit, well tried and used by Invicta in their range of cars and Vickers in tanks. The first Lagonda Tourers were high quality cars and in direct competition with the new Bentleys built by Rolls-Royce. The Lagonda was priced at £ 795 for the complete car. The Bentley chassis alone cost £ 1,100 and even the cheapest Vanden Plas Tourer body would be another £ 240 on top! With its stylish appearance the Lagonda M45 Tourer was the fashionable car to own in 1934 and even Sir Malcolm Campbell had one, pale blue naturally. However these were difficult times for the company and high stock levels and poor sales of smaller cars in the range resulted in Lagonda going into receivership in June 1935. The very same month a 4½ litre Lagonda won the Le Mans 24 hour race. In those days success in motor racing sold cars and with better timing this could have put the business back on its feet but it was all too late. However the company was sold to a consortium led by Alan Good, with Dick Watney as Managing Director and
1937 lagonda lg45 rapide blue 4-speed leather aston martin aston-martin rwd petrol british fast 4-seater v12 2wd
Unit 11a Beenham Industrial Area, Grange Lane
London, RG75PP, London
A rather special 1954 Lagonda 3 Litre Drophead Coupe, ordered new by HRH...