Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 One of only 599 road going versions of the 599XX race car. Constructed in LHD and with minimal use since delivery in 2010 as recorded by the odometer reading of only 6365 Kms from new. Finished in the rare and striking colour combination of Blu Scozia/Grigio Silverstone Opaco roof and Nero interior. Factory options include: Medium seats with driver adjustment finished in Nero tessuto cloth and alcantara headliners and inscribed with Italian Tricolore motif on headrests. Fitted with Gunmetal seatbelts. Carbon fibre detailing to headlamp nacelles, wheel centres, wing mirrors and dash insert. Heat insulating windscreen, Giallo instruments, Cascade navigation, rear parking sensors and privacy rear glass. When Ferrari announced the introduction of the 599 GTO it was the company's fastest road going car, beating the Ferrari Enzo around the Fiorano Test Track. Delivered new to Italy and now UK registered. Comes with Ferrari Classiche and full book pack.
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 Just arrived – E-Type 4.2 FHC 1966 LHD This fascinating E-Type is a very original one-owner matching number car that was delivered new to Geneva before being imported to the UK and subsequently dry-stored for almost 30 years. Constructed as a LHD Coupe with the new 4.2 Litre engine this E-type was delivered new to a Mr Moustafa Ammar, a diplomat living in Geneva and working for the Swiss Embassy. According to the original Bill of Sale that comes with the car, Mr Ammar took delivery of the Jaguar on June 14th 1966. It came with an optional Becker radio and key operated aerial and was finished in Opalescent Dark Green with Light Tan interior. During his time in Switzerland Mr Ammar used the car comprehensively, driving around Europe and even on occasion taking the long journey back to Egypt, as confirmed by Petrol receipts found in the car. Both Ammar and the E-type remained in Switzerland until 1970 when he was posted to the Egyptian Embassy in London. Naturally he brought the car with him, registering it in August of 1970, which explains the J registration number it carries to this day. Over the next 19 years the car was similarly well-us
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 Fiat Jolly 1958 This delightful car is a unique Abarth-engined Fiat Jolly that has been in single family ownership since new. In 1958 Fiat shipped a number of their very popular 600s to the Italian designer Ghia for conversion into an open topped version termed the Jolly. Featuring wicker seats and the option of a fringed canvas roof to shield its occupants from the Mediterranean sun, these cars were, from the outset, intended for relatively wealthy customers and cost almost twice as much as a standard Fiat 600. Being built in very limited numbers, and with less than 100 believed to survive today, they are highly sought after by enthusiasts and collectors alike. The Jolly offered here is a very special example being the only car ordered from Ghia with an Abarth 750 engine and having been in single family ownership since 1958 when it was ordered by Mr Perinetto as a gift for his daughter to celebrate the birth of her son and his grandson, Gianni. The car was accordingly registered in her name and remained so until 1976 when it re-registered in the name of Mr Perinetto’s secretary for tax purposes. The car was finally registered in the name
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 The Lotus Elan was Britain’s preeminent 1960’s sports car. The genius that was Colin Chapman, aided by a talented small team of designers, notably Ron Hickman, had conceived the Elan in 1962 as a replacement for the Elite. Produced from 1971 to 1973, the Elan Sprint was introduced to boost flagging sales. The new Sprint justified its name thanks to a substantial boost in engine power. A big-valve head with high-lift cams and increased compression ratio lifted output to 126bhp. The imaginatively designed backbone chassis, brilliant suspension and sparkling twin cam engine, allied to a pretty body, combined to make a winning car, successful not only amongst the discerning motoring public, but also on the track. This 1971 Elan Sprint was ordered new by Mr John Sargent, a farmer from Farnham in Surrey. Mr Sargent attended the launch of the Sprint at the 1970 Earls Court Motor Show and ordered the Elan off the Lotus stand with the following specification. Special order monotone "Bahama Yellow" L10, silver wheels and chrome wheel trims, silver bumpers, electric windows, optional air horns & tonneau cover and no radio. Chassis 0283G was thus one
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 Pagani Huayra RHD Voted Hypercar of the year by Top Gear Magazine in 2012 the Pagani Huayra is one of the most technically advanced and visually striking performance cars ever built. Introduced to the world at the Geneva Auto Salon in 2011 as the successor to the Zonda, the Huayra employs a specially designed Mercedes-AMG twin-turbo V12 6 Litre engine which delivers 720 hp, a top speed of 238mph and 0-60 acceleration of 2.8 Seconds. The Huayra’s astonishing power to weight ratio of 1.85 kg / hp is a function of the extreme weight saving measures that have been utilised in the car’s construction through extensive use of carbon fibre and titanium and careful design to eliminate unnecessary components, pipework and fittings. Offering a superb driving experience with breath-taking performance and handling and being the very embodiment of design excellence, it is no surprise that the Huayra is a highly desirable and exclusive car, a fact underlined by the limited production run of only 100 examples, of which only 19 were in RHD worldwide. The example offered here is one of the very rare RHD cars and one of only 2 that were delivered to the Uni
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 1954 AC Ace This is a highly desirable AC Ace with period competition history, driven by probably the most famous exponent of the marque Ken Rudd. The AC Ace is one of the most attractive and popular British Sports Cars built in the mid-1950s. Based on a strong tubular chassis, clothed with a beautiful lightweight alloy body and powered by a range of excellent engines it provided a superb basis for an all-round competition car and examples were driven by many of the top drivers of the day. One of the most famous names to be associated with the marque must surely be Ken Rudd, whose competitive driving skills and race tuning expertise was often applied to these cars with great effect. He was highly successful, not only as a driver, but also in transferring the hard-won lessons from the track into effective performance and race tuning upgrades that were made available to customers through his engineering enterprise ‘Ruddspeed’. The car offered here is one of the AC Aces that Ken Rudd owned in period and used for competition. Constructed in 1954 it was fitted with a 2 litre AC engine and delivered to Smithfield Garages on September 10th of th
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 Just arrived – AC Ace Prototype 1953 This incredibly historic motor car started life as a two seater roadster built by John Tojeiro for Vincent Davison but was soon acquired by AC cars and thereafter became the development prototype for the AC Ace In early 1953 John Tojeiro was asked to build a new sports car for his friend Vincent 'Vin', Davis. Of a similar design to the barchetta previously provided for Cliff Davis (LOY500) this example had a tubular chassis and pleasing Italianate aluminium bodywork built over a lightweight frame but unlike the earlier car was powered by a 2.5 Litre 4 cylinder Lea Francis engine obtained from Connaught. The new car was finished in the summer of 1953, registered LER371 and delivered to Davison, although no sooner had he taken delivery than Tojeiro asked him to return the car so he could show it to AC Cars at their Thames Ditton factory. So impressed were AC that a deal was quickly struck passing ownership of LER371 to AC Cars in return for a royalty payable to Tojeiro and suitable recompense for Davison, who joined the AC company as development engineer soon afterwards to help transform his car into the
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 Just arrived a very rare 1963 Aston Martin DB4 Series V saloon with the very desirable Special Series engine. In September 1962 Aston Martin introduced the final version of the DB4, which was designated the DB4 Series V (Five) and featured a number of changes over previous versions including recessed three piece tail lights, a taller and longer body to provide more interior space and slightly smaller wheels, which kept the overall height the same. The front of many Series V cars had the same aerodynamic design with closed-in headlights as that already used on the DB4 GT, a style that was later carried over to the DB5, but a number retained the open headlight styling of the earlier series cars. In total only 50 DB4 Series V saloons were built between 1962 and 1963 with open headlights and of these only 16 were finished in RHD with the very desirable SS or Special Series engine, which was fitted to these cars as an optional extra (as opposed to being standard on the Vantage closed headlight cars). This SS engine featured three HD8 SU carburetors and a revised cylinder head, which combined to give an increased power output of 266bhp. The car
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 1958 XK150 3.4 S Roadster RHD This delightful XK150 is a very desirable 3.4 S Roadster, which incorporates a number of very sensible upgrades. Constructed in 1958, VSU606 was one of 846 3.4 S Roadsters built in LHD and was originally exported to the United States. Following its repatriation to the UK it received a full JD Classics chassis-off restoration and was converted to RHD. Over the following years it also benefitted from a program of sensitive development during which time a number of desirable upgrades were incorporated including a JD 5-speed gearbox, power-assisted JD sport steering, Stainless wire wheels, alloy radiator and JD sport cooling system, improved battery charging and security immobiliser. Finished in Jaguar Dark Blue with Light Tan interior the car has been maintained by JD Classics regardless of cost over the last 22 years and has won numerous Jaguar Driving Club concours awards during this time. Importantly the XK retains its correct matching number engine and comes with the original Moss gearbox, steering rack, radiator plus other original parts removed during the restoration. It is accompanied by a good history fi
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 Jaguar XK 120 Roadster "Liege – Rome – Liege", Rally Car. British Racing Green/Green hide. Ordered in 1951 direct from Jaguar for use in competition. Period Upgrades included uprated engine with two inch sandcast SU carburettors, uprated gearbox, competition Borrani wire wheels, modified rear wheel arches for easier wheel removal, quick lift jacking points mounted at the centre point of the chassis. The car went on to compete in the Liege – Rome – Liege Rally in 1952, 1953 and 1954 driven by Bohni/Hahn, finishing 11th overall in 1952 and 28th overall in 1954 retiring lying 12th overall at two thirds distance in 1953. Subject of a total professional chassis off restoration between 2007 and 2011. One owner for the last 35 years. An important very well documented genuine Competition Jaguar. Eligible for the most prestigious historic competition/rally events. Please contact us for further details.
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 Jaguar XK150 DHC LHD This delightful car is a very original Special Equipment XK150 3.4 Drop Head Coupe. It was built in left hand drive and delivered to Jaguar Cars in New York on January 7th of 1959. The car remained in the US for the next 29 years, although it moved to California at some stage until it was purchased by its most recent owner and returned to the UK in 1988. Upon arrival the car was found to be in excellent original condition, in large part due to its life in California, and since that time has been very carefully maintained as attested by the numerous invoices that accompany the good history file. In January 1989 the odometer was refurbished and zeroed in the process. The mileage up to that point was 19,735 and believed to be original. The mileage currently showing is just over 18,600 miles, which suggests an original total mileage of less than 38,500 and is consistent with the overall preservation of the car and the records kept by its last owner of 30 years. Finished in its original Black with Red leather interior and wearing body coloured wire wheels it displays a charming patina, with the excellent original interior
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 Purchased new by C.E. Bob Truett on 1st June 1937. ‘DYL’ was raced and rallied by Bob and his elder brother Len, who acted as mechanic throughout the cars racing career. Bob kept the car until 1946. The most successful competition SS100. Period Brooklands history. Part of the SS car club team for the 1938 RAC Rally. Supplied new with factory prepared competition engine. Specification included cylinder head with K965 valves, high compression pistons on hyduminium con-rods, Fescol crankshaft & Scintilla magneto. With Bob's considerable lightening to the chassis by way of holes in the main rails the car was quicker than some of the 3.5 litre cars it competed against. In 1946 Croydon Garage purchased the car and sold it to Dirt Track and Midget car driver Alvin (Spike) Rhiando, he would use the car to tow his 500cc race car around the UK. In 1948 the car was sold to Peter Richley for £150. Peter would keep the car for the next 20 years but never had the car out on the road, he sold the car to a SS restorer. In 1976 Michael Roberts would become only the 5th owner of ‘DYL’. Michael restored the car and enjoyed it for over 20 years. The car then
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 This fabulous Jaguar is a late example of the iconic XK120 being less than 100 chassis numbers away from the last roadster built in RHD. It was delivered, as a company car, to F Parham Ltd, in Gillingham, Kent in July of 1953. This company was involved in construction and boat building in the Medway area and the car was the personal transport of the Managing Director, a Mr Leonard Francis Parham, who was a keen rally driver at the time and it is likely he drove the car competitively in this period. Research is still ongoing with the Parham family and Mr Parham himself who remains an enthusiastic motorist at the age of 99. After Parham’s ownership, the XK passed through three subsequent owners before being acquired in January 1968 by a young engineer, Mr Douglas Potter. Like Parham, Potter was motorsport enthusiast and over the next two years or so he utilised his engineering skills to develop his XK for racing purposes (for example increased engine capacity, wire wheel conversion, improved brakes) and achieved some success in the emerging XK Register racing series with multiple appearances at the major UK circuits of the period including
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 Constructed at the Maranello Works in 1965 with alloy bodywork, left hand steering and high performance 6 carburettor setup. The car was shipped to Swedish Ferrari Concessionaire Tore Bjurstrom who in turn supplied it to the first owner, Sture Nottorp, a well-known and favoured client of Ferrari on May 5th 1966. Finished in beautiful Blu Notte coachwork and all Red leather hide with grey carpeting. According to noted Ferrari historian Marcel Massini, Nottorp had planned to enter the 1966 Monte Carlo Rally with the car as the late Gerald Roush's notes indicate the GTB was ordered with upgraded V12 engine, 6 Carburettors, uprated cylinder heads, camshafts and valves and correspondingly adjusted ignition timing. GTO type exhaust manifolds were fitted and mated to an Abarth competition exhaust system and 15'' GTB/C competition outer laced Borrani's. In an unusual departure from normal Ferrari practice, Carrozzeria Scagliettii modified the GTB's nose and grille with four additional large driving lights fitted across the grille opening. A special custom grille was added and a pair of square fog lights were fitted in lieu of the front bumpers at
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 Jaguar XK120 Competition Roadster. This very well-known XK120 was built in early 1951 and sold new through the Birmingham distributors P J Evans to its first owner Mr Dennis O'M Taylor. Taylor was an enthusiastic race and rally driver who between 1951 and 1953 campaigned the car extensively, indeed he competed so regularly that one Autosport article referred to him as the “ubiquitous” Denis Taylor. By way of illustration, Taylor, a good friend of Ian Appleyard, competed in over 20 National and International Rallies over this period and achieved strong finishes in most including a second overall in the International Rally Soleil Cannes in 1951, an outright victory in the Clacton Rally the same year and a first in class in the Daily Express Rally in 1952. All these successes, which were often documented in the motoring press of the time, did not go unnoticed and Taylor was awarded the BTDA Silver Star Award in 1952. In addition to his Rallying exploits, Taylor also had a very accomplished circuit racing and hill climbing career in the XK with over nine appearances at Silverstone and many more at Prescott and Shelsley Walsh, where he again s
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 Available soon - Jaguar XK150 FHC 4.0 Litre V8 This fantastic Jaguar is a fully upgraded XK150 which was totally restored by JD Classics in 2007 to a very high specification and incorporated numerous special features and bespoke modifications as part of the work. Since that time it has covered less than 13000 kilometres and consequently presents in delightful condition. Upgrades carried out during restoration include: Air conditioning, Custom fabricated heated front seats with side support and electrically adjusted integrated head rests, Front colour coded inertia reel seat belts, Power adjustable steering column, Burr walnut dash and door capping’s with matching leather and burr walnut dash topping, Dash-mounted integral electronic tyre pressure monitoring and deflate warning system, Leather covered transmission tunnel with central storage locker and integrated cup holders, modern wood rimmed steering wheel with airbag and passenger airbag, electric windows, heated front screen, parking sensors, electric folding door mounted mirrors with colour coded covers, remote central locking, electronic engine start/stop button with keyless ignitio
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 Jaguar XK140 Roadster. This very early car was the 5th of only 73 roadsters built in RHD and is fitted with the pre-production boot handle that distinguishes the first 8 XK140s produced. Finished in the unusual factory colour combination of British Racing Green with Grey leather it was originally sold by Henleys of London before finding its way to Performance Cars in around 1956/1957 who returned the car to Jaguar for uprating to Special Equipment specification with C-Type head, 2 inch sandcast carburettors and body coloured wire wheels. In August 1957 the car was entered the car into 27th BARC Members Meeting at Goodwood where it was driven by Bunny Munns and as such is believed to be the only XK140 roadster to compete at this famous venue. The car subsequently had only 5 owners, one of which was for over 30 years. The car was subject to a total professional restoration in 1996 and has covered very few miles since. It is currently undergoing a full program of JD Classics race / rally preparation to full FIA specification. When complete it will be eligible for the most prestigious historic events including the Mille Miglia. Please contact
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 Aston Martin DB2 Works Competition Lightweight This exceptionally important Aston Martin is one of just two lightweight DB2s constructed by the works to contend the 1951 season. XMC76 and its sister car, XMC77, were built at Aston Martin’s Feltham factory, Middlesex in 1951 and designed from the outset to be purebred racing sports cars. Unlike production DB2s, they featured an extensively drilled chassis and employed lighter gauge aluminium in their bodies, which, combined with bucket seats, minimal trim, and selective use of Perspex instead of glass, delivered a weight reduction of almost 20% compared to a road car. Performance was further enhanced by an uprated 2.6 Litre engine with high compression aluminium cylinder head and triple weber carburettors, which delivered a potent 138bhp. XMC76’s competition debut came at the Daily Express International Trophy meeting at Silverstone on May 5th 1951. Against a field packed with XK120s driven by the likes of Stirling Moss, Leslie Johnson and Duncan Hamilton, Parnell managed to bring home the Aston home in 7th place overall and win the 3 Litre class. The next outing, held 6 weeks later on 23r
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 The Lotus Seven Series Two was produced from June 1960 to August 1968 with approximately 1310 examples being made over the 8 year period, mostly at the Delamare Road Factory in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire. The multi tubular space frame chassis were produced by the Progress Chassis Company and later at the Universal Radiator Company. The Aluminium Bodywork was produced by the Alert Company and later by Arch Motors. From a major European collection with a JD Classics customer, this 1962 Lotus Seven Series Two was supplied by the Delamare Road Factory on 13th February 1962 to a Mr B.T. Symonds of Wembley, Middlesex. The chassis, being a relatively early unit, was produced by ‘Progress’ and the bodywork by ‘Alert’. The Lotus 7 register has confirmed that the original engine was a Super Seven Ford 109E Cosworth unit with twin 40DCOE carburettors, although the Seven is currently fitted with a 1500cc ‘Kent’ engine and twin 40DCOE Weber carburettors. Following a painstaking restoration, this delightful car has been carefully maintained by JD Classics since 2006 and recently took part in the 2016 Bernina Gran Tourismo. Please contact us for further de
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 1959 XK150 3.8 S Drophead RHD This extremely rare 1959 XK150 S, 3.8 Litre Drophead Coupe is one of just 69 produced by Jaguar in right hand drive. Built in the last days of 1959 it was registered OVL150 and delivered to its first owner, a Lincoln-based company by the name of Jackson Hardware Ltd, just prior to Christmas. The next change of ownership saw the car move to Coventry where it was acquired by Ben Martin in 1964. A little over a year later Mr Martin sold the car to John Ward, who worked for the famous Patrick Collection for many years. During this time the car saw limited, careful use which undoubtedly contributed to its excellent state of preservation. After Martin’s death in 1980 the car was retained by the museum until it was sold in 1994 to Bernie Ecclestone who kept it for the next two years as part of his private collection. In 1996 the car moved, via a Mr Neville Johnson, to Mr David Stanley who maintained the Jaguar regardless of cost. Recently acquired by JD Classics from its last owner this fabulous XK150 still retains a totally original interior including irreplaceable original carpets and original leather seats. The p
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 Ferrari 330 GTS, 1967 LHD. Launched at the 1966 Geneva Salon, the 330 GTC was a new addition to the Ferrari range, not a replacement. The new model featured a 4-litre V12 twin cam engine and five-speed transaxle gearbox with an enclosed torque tube driveshaft. The Coupe was followed by an open version, the 330 GTS. Designed by Pininfarina, a total of just 100 spiders were built between 1966 and 1968. This 330 GTS is believed to be the 49 th built. Originally used as the 1967 Turin Salon display car, this 330 GTS was imported by Luigi Chinetti Motors to North America later that year. This 330 was originally Azzurro with a black interior and was supplied with Factory air-conditioning and electric windows. Previously from long term ownership in the USA by a well-known Ferrari collector, the 330 GTS was displayed at many Ferrari Club of America Concours events, with first place awards in 1987 and 1991 at the FCA Concours at Wolf Trap Farm and Washington. The 330 also took first place at the 1994 Cavallino Classic and received awards at the Monterey International Ferrari Concours in 1994 and Meadow Brook Hall Concours in 1995. Recently acquire
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 Jaguar E-Type Series 1 3.8 Roadster. One of the first 100 cars manufactured by Jaguar with distinguishing features including flat floors. Matching numbers, original factory colour scheme of Opalescent Dark Green with Suede Green interior, this RHD car was earmarked by Jaguar chairman Sir William Lyons and donated as a prize in a raffle to raise funds for the Motor Industries Benevolent Fund (BEN). The winner of the E-Type used the car in competition during 1962. Total ground up 3500 hour concours restoration performed by JD Classics to original specification and completed in 2012, correctly stored and maintained by JD Classics since restoration. An opportunity to own an early iconic E-type with superb provenance and in genuine concours condition. Please contact us for more details.
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 1937 Jaguar SS100 3.5 Litre This SS100 3.5 Litre was manufactured on 30th November 1937 and finished Gunmetal coachwork with silver/black hide and right hand drive steering. The original distributor was Charles Attwood of Wolverhampton who sold it to A.N.Twentyman on 4th December 1937. Within the history file are copies of original service records from 1945-1950 from Jaguar Cars Ltd showing regular maintenance whilst under the custodianship of LT.Cmdr. Whitby of Bristol and later J.P.H.Whitly Esq. Many years later the SS100 was sold to Germany where it was regularly driven and participated in a number of rallies and historic events across Europe (a previous German title document is held on file.). Repatriated to the UK in 2007 since when it has been regularly maintained by JD Classics on behalf of its owner and prepared for various vintage events. The SS100 has competed successfully in The Flying Scotsman rally and London to Edinburgh and would be a welcome entry on those events again and the many others that it is eligible for including the Mille Miglia. Offered with a FIVA passport and in excellent cosmetic and mechanical condition, thi
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 Mercedes took a strategic decision in the 1960’s to develop more usable and more powerful Sports Cars than their earlier 190 SL version of the W 113 model. The plan was to build a comfortable two seater which was to be smaller and less expensive than their illustrious 300 SL Roadster but never the less built to Mercedes’ usual high quality standards. Hence the evolution of the 230 /250 / 280 SL’s on the W 113 platform exhibiting excellent road holding and enjoying superb visibility. The concave hardtop inspired the name “Pagoda” to which these cars are still affectionately referred today. The 280 SL was built from 1967 – 1971 and was designed to be the ultimate version of the car with its larger more powerful engine (170 PS power and 244 Nm torque in European specification) all round disc brakes and improved suspension. The 280 SL evolved from a Sports Car into a comfortable grand tourer as enhancements were progressively made throughout the car’s production lifespan. Almost 24,000 280 SL’s were produced of which over half went to the U.S. usually equipped with the 4 speed automatic transmission. U.S. specification cars were subject to mo
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 1952 Jaguar XK120 LHD 3.4 Litre Fixed Head Coupe, Pastel Green Metallic with Suede Green Leather Interior When Jaguar stunned the world with its new XK120 in 1948 few would have thought that the elegant styling of the original open two seater, or roadster, could be improved on. That thinking was challenged in 1951 when arguably the most beautiful model of Jaguar ever produced was unveiled, the Fixed Head Coupe. Reminiscent of the Bugatti Atlantic, the new coupe was based on the roadster but incorporated a teardrop shaped roof that successfully joined the front and rear design elements in one sublime flowing body. The coupe retained the chassis and mechanicals of the roadster, with some minor changes to accommodate the new body, and so the new model combined the sporting pedigree of its predecessor with the enhanced looks and luxury of the new design. That the coupe proved to be strong success with the public is underscored by the production numbers with over 2500 examples produced, the majority in LHD. The car offered here is an early matching numbers, matching colours, U S Export example delivered new to California where it was initially
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 Just arrived - Bugatti EB 110 GT Low mileage (31,270 km), very original example with only two owners from new and the last since 1997. This beautifully presented example has benefited from significant maintenance work as testified by service receipts on file exceeding 55,000 Euros, in addition to an extensive overhaul recently undertaken by B Engineering, the noted specialists consisting of ex-factory service technicians. It provides a fantastic opportunity to acquire a very rare and iconic 1990s supercar in excellent condition. Further information to follow, please contact us for more details.
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 Arriving soon - Ferrari 250 GT Lusso Silver and Black with full matching numbers and Ferrari Classiche certification. Full JD Classics restoration due to commence shortly. Please contact us for further details. Photo shows a car previously restored by JD Classics.
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 Tom Walkinshaw had won the European Touring Car Championship in 1984 at the wheel of an XJ-S and prior to the launch of the XJR-S was producing body and suspension kits for the XJ-S at his JaguarSport Company. To further improve the sporting image of the XJ-S, the factory sanctioned an official model incorporating Walkinshaw’s enhancements – the XJR-S. Introduced in 1988, a special XJR-S version of the V12 5.3-litre car was produced by JaguarSport, a separate company owned 50:50 by Jaguar and TWR. The car had a distinctive body kit, special alloy wheels and suspension and handling improvements. The first 100 cars were known as "Celebration Le Mans" models to commemorate Jaguar's 1988 win at the Le Mans 24 Hours and were only sold in the UK. Between 1988 and 1989 a total of 326 XJR-S cars were produced with the 5.3-litre engine. After September 1989 the XJR-S was produced with a special upgraded 6.0-litre engine with a Zytek engine management system. This engine was upgraded from the standard 6.0-litre engine used in the late XJS models. The XJR-S was produced until 1993. A total of 787 coupes and 50 convertible cars were built for the wor
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 The original 365 GT4 BB was produced between 1971 and 1976 with a mid-mounted flat 12 cylinder engine. The flat 12 cylinder arrangement was referred to as a Boxer but the 180° V12 was not a true boxer engine, but rather a flat engine. The next generation of BB was launched in 1976 as the 512 (5 litre) with little change in aesthetic appearance to the original 365 BB. The new car had dry sump lubrication and an increase in torque of around 10% retaining the same BHP of 360. The example offered here is a 1981 left hand drive 512BB in Rosso Corsa with Black Leather, sold new to Mr James Landrum of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, and is from a total production of 929 cars produced between 1976 and 1981. One of the most original and un-restored examples in existence with only 820 Kilometres from new, 715 of which were prior to delivery. The factory clocked up 400 Km’s and 315 Km’s were covered during EPA emissions testing when new in the USA. The 512 still retains the protective plastic seat and sill covers fitted by the factory prior to delivery (seat covers have been removed but accompany the car). Original key fob and Pioneer KE-2300 stereo, full
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 Ordered in August 1990 by ‘The Patrick Collection’ of Birmingham, six months prior to the official launch of the NSX. Finished in Sebring Silver and Black Hide and carpets . Right-hand drive with a 4 speed automatic transmission. Genuine 5658 miles from new and only two previous owners. Comprehensive history file includes all previous MOT’s together with the original purchase invoice and dealer correspondence and press information pack with period road tests. Original book pack and tools all complete. Two sets of keys. Fully serviced by JD Classics in December 2014 with two new catalytic converters and four new Bridgestone tyres. Minimal use since and correctly stored. A unique example with low mileage in superb original condition. Price includes registration number. Please contact us for more details.