The Jaguar XK140 was launched at the 1954 London Motor Show as the successor to the Jaguar XK120. Available in three body styles fixed head coupe, drophead coupe and roadster. Whilst the 140 was similar in design to the outgoing model it was considerably more refined. Upgrades included; more interior space with three inches extra leg room for taller drivers, improved brakes, rack and pinion steering, increased suspension travel, telescopic shock absorbers, close ratio gearbox and subtle bodywork changes including a wider radiator grille, new rear lights incorporating flashing indicators and larger bumpers to the front and rear. Under the bonnet the XK140 retained Jaguars well proven 3.4 litre twin cam six cylinder engine, which now produced 190bhp, this in turn offered a 0-60mph of 9.1 seconds and onto a top speed of 140mph (hence the cars name.)
The Jaguar XK140 Fixed Head Coupe offered here at Hofmanns was first registered in 1955 “Chassis no: 804016”. This beautiful example was supplied in the United Kingdom by Page Motors, Epsom, Surrey in March 1955 to Mr. W.R. Morrish. Finished in Imperial Maroon with full leather interior, this four-owner example has undergone a full nut and
jaguar xk140 fixed head coupe 5-speed restored british xk
Coxon House, Newtown Road
Henley-on-Thames, RG9 1HG, Oxfordshire
Performance, style and rarity. Arguably the three factors which have the...
Five years on from the Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs’ las...