1 of just 195 XK120 Fixed Head Coupes built to right-hand drive specification, chassis 669108 was supplied new via Henlys of London to the famous lady racing driver Miss P.M. Burt. Road registered as `OLF 460' on January 1st 1954, the Jaguar was among Patsy's first competition cars. Driven by her in a variety of sprints and hillclimbs, it continued to chase silverware in the hands of second owner Robert Rees Esq. Though, an accompanying RAC Engineer's Examination Report dated 26th October 1961, by which time the XK120 had covered an indicated 81,639 miles and was up for sale with Performance Cars Ltd of Brentford, suggests that such spirited early use had done it no harm. Belonging to Donald Alan Clarke Esq. of Hampstead, London NW3 by May 1963 and still being MOT tested in the same locale five years later, `OLF 460' subsequently fell into disrepair. Having toyed with the idea of a Nigel Dawes' car (and indeed turned down a freshly completed example at £42,500), the late Richard Colton spent nigh on £80,000 acquiring chassis 669108 and having it transformed into his own version of an uprated XK120 Fixed Head Coupe. Overseen by Michael Stewart of Stewart's Classic Motors (who had ac
1954 jaguar xk120 fixed head coupe green 5-speed manual power-steering rhd restored british xk
The Motor House, Lyncastle Road
Warrington, WA4 4SN, Cheshire
Decades after it made its debut at the 1948 Earls Court motor show, it’s...
Leading the way at Bonham’s Scottsdale auction, which took place on 19 J...