The sensational XK120 first appeared at the 1948 London Motor Show, intended strictly as a show car and styling exercise to highlight Jaguar’s fabulous new XK twin cam engine. But response to the car was so positive that it took little persuasion to convince Jaguar boss Sir William Lyons to put the car into production. Thankfully, the production car lost none of the impact of the original show car when it hit the market. The earliest production cars were built with alloy bodies, later changing to more cost effective and durable steel construction. With its luscious curves and incredible performance from the 3.4 liter inline six, it quickly garnered world-wide praise. The very first customer-delivered XK120 went to none other than Clark Gable, a man known for his impeccable taste in beautiful cars.
Mechanically, the XK120 featured independent front suspension sprung by torsion bars, with a Salisbury limited-slip live rear axle riding on leaf springs out back. Large four wheel drum brakes were adequate, though prone to fading when pushed too hard. But the star of the show was the engine. The iron block, alloy head “XK” twin cam six was good for 160 horsepower in standard form, and up
left-hand-drive 1954 jaguar xk 120 roadster red alloy-wheels black-leather restored convertible leather black-interior british dark-interior
2310 Chaffee Drive
Saint Louis, MO 63146, Missouri