The XK120 was launched in roadster form at the 1948 London Motor Show as a testbed and show car for the new Jaguar XK engine. It caused a sensation, which persuaded Jaguar founder and design boss William Lyons to put it into production. The "120" in its name referred to its 120 mph (193 km/h) top speed (faster with the windscreen removed), which made the XK120 the world's fastest standard production car at the time of its launch. It was available in two open versions, first as the roadster (designated OTS, for open two-seater, in America), then also as a drophead coupé (DHC) from 1953 – and also as a closed, or "fixed-head" coupé (FHC) from 1951. The DHC was a more deluxe open model, with wind-up windows, and wood-veneer dashboard and interior door caps, as on the FHC. The roadster was successful in racing. All XK120s had independent torsion bar front suspension, semi-elliptic leaf springs at the rear, recirculating ball steering, telescopically adjustable steering column, and all-round 12 inch drum brakes that were prone to fade. Some cars were fitted with Alfin (ALuminium FINned) brake drums to help overcome the fade. The roadster's lightweight canvas top and detachable sidescree
left-hand-drive jaguar xk 120 fhc c type 52 green 4-speed lightweight manual 1952 british
Oldtimerfarm Bvba, Steenweg op Deinze 51C
Aalter, B-9880, Flanders
Heading to the Silverstone Classic this year? There are lots of things t...
Joining the Classic Range Rover and Land Rover Series 1, Jaguar Classic ...