This beautifully presented Jaguar was first registered on the 17th April 1937 and according to the original brown ‘buff’ logbook was first registered to motor dealership Martin & Chillingworth Ltd in Hampshire. They supplied the Jaguar on the 29th April 1937 to a Mr Addis of Newbury and remarkably the car stayed in the same Berkshire town for 45 years. The original Martin and Chillingworth dealer plaque is still on the dashboard. In 1982 the Jaguar was sold and finally left Newbury, spending from 1982 to 2014 with one owner in Lincolnshire. The most recent owner purchased the Jaguar in 2014 and has carried out a comprehensive programme of work. AMO 77 has arrived with us in beautiful condition and retains a great deal of originality. We are pleased to confirm the car still retains its original 1937 registration mark, original factory supplied engine, tool kit, original Black leather upholstery, and is still in its factory exterior colour of Black.
In 1990/1991, whilst still in Lincolnshire the Jaguar was treated to a sympathetic restoration We have photographic evidence of the engine completely stripped down with crankshaft removed. The engine rebuilt and re-fitted to the car with
1937 jaguar ss 1500cc saloon black 1-owner black-leather leather restored black-interior british dark-interior
West Knapton, North Yorkshire