The Jaguar Mark V (pronounced mark five) is an automobile which was built by Jaguar Cars Ltd from 1948 to 1951. The Mark V was launched at the 1948 London Motor Show at the same time as the XK120, with which it shared a stand. However, the Mark V vastly outsold the XK120 by roughly 5,000 cars per year as compared to 2,000 cars per year for the XK120. While the XK120 had a new overhead-camshaft XK engine, the Mark V retained the 1936 driveline including the "Jaguar" overhead-valve pushrod straight-6 2½L and 3½L units for which the company was renamed after the war. No 1½L version was offered. Claimed power output in this application was 104 bhp (78 kW) for the 2664 cc Mark V and 126 bhp (94 kW) for its more popular 3486 cc sibling. The chassis was new with independent front suspension by double wishbones and torsion bar, an arrangement that would be used by Jaguar for many future vehicles. It also had hydraulic brakes, which Jaguar had been slow to adopt compared to other manufacturers, and an all pressed steel body. The styling of the car followed prewar SS-Jaguar lines with upright chrome grille and the leaping Jaguar radiator cap mascot became available as an option. There is a d
left-hand-drive jaguar mark-5 3500cc bordeaux black 50 blue 4-speed manual 1950 british
Oldtimerfarm Bvba, Steenweg op Deinze 51C
Aalter, B-9880, Flanders
There’s been (another) barn find. Classic Car Auctions is offering a Jag...
Leading the way at Bonham’s Scottsdale auction, which took place on 19 J...