The Honda NSX was produced between 1990 and 2005 and is equipped with a mid-engined, rear-wheel drive layout powered by an all-aluminium V6 featuring Honda's Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control (VTEC) system. In 1984, Honda commissioned the Italian car designer Pininfarina to design the HPX (Honda Pininfarina Xperimental), which had a mid-mounted 2.0 litre, V6 configuration. Following Honda's decision to pursue the project, the management informed the engineers that the new car would have to be as good as anything coming from both Italy and Germany. The HPX concept car evolved into the NSX (New Sportscar eXperimental). The original performance target for the NSX was the Ferrari 328; subsequently revised to the 348 as the design neared completion. The bodywork design had been specifically researched after studying the 360° visibility inside an F-16 fighter jet. The car's strong chassis rigidity and handling capabilities were the results of Ayrton Senna's input with NSX's chief engineers while testing the prototype car at Honda's Suzuka Circuit during the development stages. Today, the NSX is still considered by owners of the marque as one of the most reliable exotic ca
Once in a while, an interesting motor car becomes available to the market. This Alfa Romeo 1600 S4 Spider is one such motor car. First registered in Italy in 1992, this S4 Spider arrived onto the UK shores in early 2016. What makes this Alfa Romeo interesting is not only its excellent coachwork and interior trim but also that it is fitted with a BRC Europa 2, dual fuel LPG conversion, fitted in 2014, making this a most economical open top sports car. The bright yellow coachwork is complimented by a set of attractive after-market alloy wheels that feature Alfa Romeo badged centres; the original steel wheels and covers being included in the sale. The soft top folds down and erects quickly and easily when required. Whilst touring with the hood down, the hood is stowed under a well fitting hood bag that enhances the overall look of the car. On a recent test, this Alfa Romeo started easily and drove well, either on the un-leaded fuel or on the LPG option. The gearbox selected the ratios smoothly without any baulking that can inflict the marque. Twin carburettors supply the fuel to the 1600cc power unit whilst disc brakes all around ensure good and confident braking. The engine bay is cl
Unveiled at the 2001 Geneva Motor Show, the Ian Callum designed Vanquish was an instant sales success and its choice of transport for James Bond only added to the appeal. Every car enthusiast throughout the world wanted the successor to the Virage. The 6.0 litre, V12 produced engine pushed out 450bhp, mated to a 'flappy paddle' electro-hydraulic manual gearbox, fly by wire throttle and, of course, looks to die for! It was no surprise that the car was the top of the Aston Martin range throughout its seven years of production. The Aston Martin legend as the ultimate British sports car was set to continue. Presented in near perfect Skye Silver with charcoal leather interior, this three-owner from new example has a remarkably low mileage. Purchased in February 2002, LF02 JXG has a comprehensive Aston Martin main dealer service history from delivery. It has been maintained to the highest standard and was recently part of a private collection; it remains in superb condition due to being stored for a number of years and used sparingly. Supplied with its original aluminium-bound owners-pack, service books and current MoT test certificate, the car is reported to drive beautifully and we wel
With the demise of the DB6 Mk. II Volante in 1970, Aston Martin were not able to offer a convertible motorcar until the introduction of the V8 Volante. This presented the opportunity for enterprising engineering companies to occupy a niche in the marketplace to supply wealthy customers with a desire for something unique and unusual. Considered by many to be one of the most elegant of Aston Martins, the Volante has always been much admired and rightly so. This automatic transmission V8 is one of seven professionally converted to 'Volante' specification by the Daytona Motor Company of London. First registered in August 1978, this striking automatic example, presented in unmarked green with a sumptuous cream leather interior, has matching numbers and comes with the desirable X-Pack option. It was the final Vantage by 'Daytona' car and owned by Robert Blasi, the owner of Daytona Motor Company. The car came into his ownership by an unusual twist of fate; Daytona had fitted a left to righthand conversion on a Ferrari Testarossa for a Henley based dealership who defaulted on their payment. After heated discussions, Blasi was asked to pick a car from their forecourt in order to settle the
The Jaguar XJS Convertible, which first appeared in 1988, was considerably more than just a coupé with the roof removed. The earlier 'T'-top cabriolet paved the way as the first open Jaguar since the demise of the E-Type in 1975 but this was to be the first full convertible and a strengthened sub-frame was employed in order to alleviate scuttle shake. Retaining the roomy cockpit space of the coupé, the new convertible naturally boasted all the expected Jaguar refinements as standard, making for a very fine, open grand touring car. The XJS's superlative 5.3 litre engine developed some 295bhp in later fuel injected form and, when allied to automatic transmission, gave authoritative 150mph performance. Today, this model is very much establishing itself as a most worthy latter day classic; good examples being eagerly sought by connoisseurs of the marque. This elegant XJS Convertible, offered in blue with a contrasting grey leather interior, has lived a remarkably charmed life having been being continually serviced since its purchase from Jaguar Stratstone of 21 Mansell Street, London on 21st March 1990 by its first keeper, Mr. R. Holmes of Basingstoke. The car is supplied with a comple
The Austin Maestro was produced from 1983 to 1987 by British Leyland and from 1988 until 1995 by Rover Group. The car was produced at the former Morris plant in Cowley, Oxford although today, the redeveloped factory produces the BMW Mini. The Maestro incorporated many novel and pioneering features for its class. It had a bonded laminated windscreen, homofocal headlamps, body-coloured plastic bumpers, an electronic engine management system, adjustable front seat belt upper anchorage positions, an asymmetrically split rear seat and a 12,000-mile service interval. First registered on 1st November 1988 to Stanley Hodge of St. Ives, Cambridgeshire, this Maestro is a one owner example and has covered a mere 9,609 miles from new. The detailed service history, dating from 1989 through to 2014, was carried out by local motor engineers Purser & Luxford and more recently by Thurlow Nunn of Cambridgeshire. The MoT history confirms the low mileage. Also included in the file are the invoice for the first MoT test certificate and service as well as a current MoT test certificate valid until August 2017. The original book pack and V5 document accompany the car along with two sets of keys. Finished
Innocenti was an Italian machinery works originally established by Ferdinando Innocenti in 1920. After World War II, the company was famous for many years for Lambretta scooters and from 1961 to 1976, Innocenti built, under licence, the Mini with 998cc and 1,275cc engines. At the November 1960 Turin Motor Show, the 950 Spider was presented. Styled by Ghia and produced by OSI near Milan, the style was classical of the era with rear-wheel drive and aesthetically, with small rear fins; the formula of a small car with a small engine and small price tag would meet the demand of the Italian public. From 1963, the car was equipped with a new engine with increased capacity up to 1098cc, designated 'S' which also offered small aesthetic changes and the adoption of disc brakes. This fantastic little car is believed to be one of only two in the UK and one of only 2,000 made. It is the later 'S' model with the bigger engine, twin carburetors and disc brakes. This car was imported to the UK in 2015 from Rome and has had four owners; it is now registered in the UK with an MoT test certificate valid until February 2017. The owner believes it underwent a major mechanical rebuild in 2010 and has ha
In 1961, Citroën began work on 'Project S', a sports variant of the revolutionary Citroën DS. As was customary for the firm, many running concept vehicles were developed, increasingly complex and upmarket from the DS. Citroën purchased Maserati in 1968 with the intention of harnessing Maserati's high-performance V6 engine technology to produce a true Gran Turismo car combining the sophisticated Citroën suspension. The result was the Citroën SM; first shown at the Geneva Motor Show in March 1970 and which went on sale in France in September of that year. Factory produced cars were all lefthand drive, although righthand conversions were supplied to the UK and Australia. The origin of the model name 'SM' is not completely clear. The 'S' may derive from the Project 'S' designation and the 'M' perhaps refers to Maserati, hence SM is often assumed to stand for 'Systeme Maserati' or 'Sports Maserati'. Another common alternative is 'Série Maserati' but others have suggested it is short for 'Sa Majesté' (Her Majesty in French) which aligns with the common DS model's nickname 'La Déesse' (The Goddess). With only three previous owners, this 1971 SM was delivered new to France and imported to
The six cylinder William Towns styled DBS had been around for a couple of years anxiously awaiting the V8 engine that had been especially designed for it. In early 1970, the DBS V8 was finally ready to become one of the fastest cars available at the time. The 5.3 litre Tadek Marek designed engine was able to develop around 320bhp which gave the ability to reach 160mph; all this with space for four people. Demand for the car was great with production reaching 402 examples within just two years. From April 1972, the DBS V8 received a mild restyle and a new name. The 'DB' was dropped as David Brown had sold the company and the car became known simply as the 'Aston Martin V8'. The most visible change was the adoption of two seven inch quartz iodine headlamps and black mesh grill, the design of which was the work of the original designer, William Towns. This Aston Martin V8 was built on 20th October 1972 and despatched on 2nd February, 1973 to A & B Cars Ltd, in Newton-Le-Willows, Lancashire and was first registered on 25th October, 1972. The heritage trust certificate confirms the car was finished in Imperial Blue with natural trim interior and fitted with an automatic gearbox with fue
Alpina was established in 1965, pre-dated by its founder, Burkard Bovensiepen, using his skills to produce tuning kits for a range of car brands, including BMW. Today Alpina, a vehicle manufacturer in its own right and still a family firm, guided by Bovensiepen and his sons, Andreas and Florian - continues to enjoy close co-operation with BMW. Indeed it is the basis of its continuing success with manufacturing processes integrated into BMW's production facilities. In the late 1960s, Alpina spread its wings into touring car racing and such was its authority that in 1971, a year after winning the European Touring Car Championship, Alpina was handed the project leadership of the lightweight BMW 3.0CSL Coupé which, in competition guise, was to stamp an indelible impression on touring car racing. The B3 3.0 is based on the 325i and the successor to the B6 2.8/2 with displacement increased to three litres producing 250bhp with ventilated front discs at the front and solid discs at the rear bringing the car to a stop. Acceleration is impressive with the 0-60 dash concluded in 6.4 seconds and a top speed of 164mph. The chassis was tweaked to improve the ride over its predecessor but ultima
This charming righthand drive A50 Cambridge from 1956 was resident of IADS Malaysian Airbase (Integrated Air Defence System) until spotted by RAF serviceman, Flight Sergeant Stephen Pollitt, who was also based in Malaysia and saved the car for Britain. It was repatriated home in 2000 from the airbase where this car is understood to have lived a charmed life ferrying pilots and servicemen to their aircraft and, in doing so, accumulated just 5,000 miles from new. Whilst we regret it's impossible to warrant this figure, it is plausible that the condition of the car is commensurate with this mileage. The Butterscotch upholstery is in largely good order, the door cards still have plastic shrouding over them and the whole car has a very genuine feel about it, clearly having been cherished. The engine barks to life at first attempt and runs sweetly. The column shift gear selector engages gears accurately and propels the car with ease, though we have to confess you will not be setting any land speed records with this car. Accompanying our A50 Cambridge is a host of very official looking Malaysian documents and paperwork, as well as its UK V5C registration certificate.
The MGB was launched in May 1962 to replace the MGA. Introduced as a four-cylinder roadster, a coupé with 2+2 seating was added in 1965. The MGB was a relatively modern design at the time of its introduction, utilising a monocoque structure instead of the traditional 'body-on-frame' construction used on both the MGA and T-Types. The lightweight design reduced manufacturing costs while adding to overall vehicle strength. Wind-up windows were standard and a comfortable driver's compartment offered plenty of legroom. The MGB's performance was considered brisk at the time of its introduction with a 0-60mph time of just over 11 seconds aided by the relatively light weight of the car. This MGB started life as a police car for the Surrey force and has subsequently undergone a £30,000 restoration; as one would expect, it is in great condition. It boasts specially optioned BL tuning wheels, an oil temperature gauge and, to aid high speed motoring, an overdrive is fitted. A warmed over engine with many upgrades, including a stainless steel exhaust, adds extra performance. A huge history file is supplied with a Heritage Certificate and National Archives Certificate as well as an MoT test cert
The Ferrari F355 was built from May 1994 to 1999 and was an evolution of the Ferrari 348. It is a mid-engined, rear wheel drive, V8-powered two-seat coupé. At launch, two models were available; the coupé Berlinetta and the Targa topped GTS. The Spider (convertible) version was introduced in 1995. One major difference between the longitudinal V8 in the 348 and that in the 355, apart from the displacement increase from 3.4 to 3.5 litres, is that the F355 features a five valve per cylinder head that is considerably more powerful, producing 375bhp. The nomenclature does not follow the formula from the previous decades, i.e. engine capacity plus cylinder number for example, the Ferrari 308 name comes from three litres plus eight cylinders, with the same for the 328, 348, 512 etc. This time, Ferrari used engine capacity plus number of valves per cylinder; proud to boast about this technological advancement, with the name 355 coming from 3.5 litres engine capacity and five valves per cylinder. The F355 has become the most popular model so far with over 11,273 cars produced. From a driver's perspective, the Berlinetta will always prove the more popular, the chassis possesses more rigidity
Alvis Car and Engineering Company Ltd. was a manufacturer that originally existed in Coventry from 1919 through to 1967. In addition to cars designed for the civilian market, the company also produced racing cars, aircraft engines, armoured cars and other military vehicles, the latter continuing long after civilian car production ceased. In 1922, George Thomas Smith-Clarke left his job as assistant works manager at Daimler and joined Alvis as chief engineer and works manager. Smith-Clarke was accompanied by William Dunn who left his job as a draughtsman, also at Daimler, to become Chief Draughtsman at Alvis. This partnership lasted for nearly 28 years and was responsible for producing some of the most successful cars in the company's history. Smith-Clarke left in 1950 and Dunn assumed Smith-Clarke's position as Chief Engineer remaining in that position until 1959. As with many upmarket engineering companies of the time, Alvis did not produce their own coachwork, relying instead on coachbuilders in the Midlands area such as Carbodies, Charlesworth, Gurney Nutting, Hooper, Tickford and Vanden Plas. After leaving the factory in 1935, this Alvis found her way to East Africa where she w
The Lancia Delta was launched at the Frankfurt Motor Show in 1979 and is best known for its domination of the World Rally Championship in the late 1980s and early 1990s. Constantly being developed, the first 'Evolution' cars were built at the end of 1991 and carried on through 1992; these models were the final homologation cars built for the Lancia Rally Team competing under the Martini Racing banner. In June 1993, the second 'Evolution' version of the Delta HF Integrale featured an updated version of the two-litre, 16-valve turbo engine to produce more power and torque, now developing 215 PS (against 210 PS on the earlier un-catalytic version). The 1993 Integrale received a cosmetic and functional facelift that included, 16" light alloy rims with 205/45 ZR 16 tyres, body colour roof moulding to underline the connection between the roof and the solar tinted windows, aluminium fuel cap and air-intake grilles on the front mudguards, red colour coded cam cover, leather-covered three-spoke Momo steering wheel and Recaro seats upholstered in tan alcantara with diagonal stitching. With these upgrades, the Evo 2 Integrale is considered by many as the most desirable version to own. We are
Built between 1976 and 2004, the Lotus Esprit was unveiled in 1972 as a concept car and was a development of a stretched Lotus Europa chassis. It was among the first of designer Giorgetto Giugiaro's polygonal 'folded paper' designs. Originally, the name Kiwi was proposed but, in keeping with the Lotus tradition of having all car model names start with the letter 'E', the name became Esprit. Introduced in April 1981, the Turbo Esprit and Series III Esprits marked a necessary consolidation; both new models had a common chassis. The SIII continued to use the 2.2 litre, type 912 engine, whilst the Turbo Esprit reverted to a less complex wet-sump lubrication system, retaining the power and torque outputs of its dry-sump predecessor. The interior for both cars was revised and featured new trim; combined with changes to the body moulds this resulted in more headroom and an enlarged footwell. Externally, the Turbo Esprit retained the full aerodynamic body kit of the Essex cars and featured prominent 'Turbo Esprit' decals on the nose and sides. This handsome Esprit was the Earls Court Motor Show car in 1989 and is looking resplendent with its silver coachwork and blue leather trim. The fast
Berkeley Cars were produced between October 1956 and December 1960 by Berkeley Coachworks at their Hitchin Street, Biggleswade factory. Designed by Laurie Bond of Minicar fame, the original Berkeley Sports was a lightweight two-seater sports car powered by a 322cc Anzani two-stroke twin. The Berkeley unit was fitted with 12 volt electrics; a three-speed and reverse gearbox was later replaced with a four-speed and reverse Albion gearbox. The car was unique at its time of launch in that it employed, not only a transverse engine driving the front wheels, but a complete fibreglass monocoque chassis reinforced locally by lightweight aluminium sections. This provided the car with a maintenance free (no rust) chassis of immense strength and very low weight. Throughout their short career, Berkeley's built up an enviable reputation in the field of competition. With superb brakes, leech-like road holding and immense bags of 'chuckability', what they lost on the straight, they soon made up on the corners. This car was manufactured in 1957 at the height of the bubble-car rage when many micro-cars were produced using small motor cycle engines; chassis 248 was in one of the first batch produced.
To modernise the Triumph TR5 that had evolved from the Michelotti designed TR4, Triumph looked to produce a new modern body. Triumph commissioned Karmann of Germany but the task was difficult as Karmann had to produce a new body style whilst retaining much of the original structure. The re-style included a new nose, wings and a new tail. The result was the 'Kamm' tailed TR6 and was produced between 1969 and 1976. The home market TR6 initially produced 150bhp but was later detuned to 125bhp. Due to their greater power output, the early models are more sought after amongst the Triumph enthusiasts. This striking example represents one of the earlier examples with a six-cylinder, Triumph GT6 Mk. II engine fitted. It also benefits from a four-speed gearbox with the optional factory overdrive unit fitted. Invoices detail a full strip and repaint (including hood-frame) in December 2015 as well as a new Stayfast mohair hood fitted at the same time. New tyres (modern 205's) can be found at each corner as well as a new clutch kit and full service including various electrical items. The MoT test certificate is valid for a full 12 months and the car is reported to run and drive well. Offered a
We are pleased to present a rather rare, righthand drive, example of the 105 series Alfa Romeo 1750 Berlina. Built in South Africa on 23 rd December 1969, this particular Berlina was imported into the UK in 2008 and first registered here on 17 th October 2008. On inspection, it may be seen that the coachwork is in excellent order and presented in the attractive colour of Spazzio Azzurro with contrasting black interior trim. The 1750's bodywork has been subject to a lower half bare-metal re-paint with any repairs required having been facilitated to the highest standards. The 1750 engine, considered the best of the range by the Alfisti, has also been subject to a top-end overhaul in 2015 whilst an electric fan and push starter button have also been added. The interior is in very good order with an attractive layout of instrumentation with all the gauges working correctly; even the clock works. On a recent test drive, this Alfa Romeo drove with ease, the steering being precise, the engine pulling smoothly and the longer wheelbase 105 chassis, over its Giulia siblings, providing a stable, comfortable and quiet ride; the quietness, no doubt, due to new door seals having been recently fi
The TVR name is derived from 'Cerberus', the three-headed beast of Greek legend that guarded the entrance of Hades. The car itself was designed from the start as a four-seater, however, the interior is designed so that the passenger seat can slide farther forward than the driver's seat. This allows more room for the person sitting behind the front passenger. TVR have referred to this as a '3+1' design. Like all TVRs of the Peter Wheeler era, the Cerbera had a long-travel throttle to compensate for the lack of electronic traction-control and very sharp steering. Prior to the Cerbera, TVR had purchased V8 engines from Rover and then tuned them for their own use. When Rover was purchased by BMW, the chairman of TVR, Peter Wheeler, didn't want to risk problems should the Germans decide to stop manufacturing the engine. In response, he engaged the services of race engineer, Al Melling, to design a V8 engine that TVR could manufacture in-house and even potentially offer for sale to other car-makers. In an interview for the television programme Top Gear, Wheeler explained, 'Basically, we designed the engine as a race engine. It was my idea at the time that if we wanted to expand, we ought
The Mercedes-Benz W 111 series was produced from 1959 to 1968 and was the chassis code that determined its top-range vehicles. This included four-door saloons with two-door coupés and cabriolets being produced from 1961 to 1971. Design of a replacement for the two-door Pontons began in 1957 as most of the chassis and drive train were to be unified with the saloon with the emphasis on the exterior styling. Some of the mock-ups and prototypes show that Mercedes-Benz attempted to give the two-door car a front styling similar to the Pagoda roadster. The rear bodywork persisted however and, as such although officially still called a 'fintail', the rear end design had no chrome fin highlights. Production began in late 1960 and in February of the next year, the coupé was premiered in Stuttgart for the 75th anniversary of the opening of Mercedes-Benz Museum. This highly collectable example is presented in classic Mercedes-Benz white with a contrasting black leather interior, the condition of both can safely be described as very good throughout. The reason being is that this example underwent a partial restoration in 2008 which included a complete strip down (interior out) to bare metal and
The BMW 600 is a four-seat microcar produced from mid-1957 until November 1959. Partially based on the Isetta two-seater, it was BMW's first post-war four-seat economy car. BMW needed to expand its model range however they did not have the resources to develop an all-new car with an all-new engine. Therefore, it used the Isetta as starting point for a new four-seat economy car. As a result, the 600 used the front suspension and the front door of the Isetta. The need to carry four people required a longer frame, a different rear suspension and a larger engine. A new frame was designed using box section side members and straight tube cross members. The rear suspension was an independent semi trailing arm design; this was the first time BMW had used this system. The chassis had a wheelbase of 67" and the car was powered by a 582cc flat-twin cylinder engine from BMW's R67 motorcycle delivering just under 20bhp. A four-speed manual gearbox was standard giving the 600 a top speed of approximately 62mph. Originally registered in Sweden in 1958, the vendor, who is a strong collector of microcars, saw the car advertised on the internet in 2010. Not having a 600 limousine in his collection,
Introduced at the Milan Show in November 1953, the egg-shaped Isetta was like nothing seen before, boasting a hinged front for entry and a canvas sunroof. The steering column and instruments swung out with the door, facilitating easy access to the bench seat. Power was provided by a single cylinder engine which drove the closely-spaced twin rear wheels via a four-speed gearbox. By the time production ceased in 1962, BMW had sold a staggering 161,728 Isettas, which contributed to the company's financial stability. Originally registered on 15 th , May 1957, this 'bubble window' Isetta presents in very good order and is still on the original registration number of SFG 72. The vendor and registered keeper is a very knowledgeable and enthusiastic microcar collector, building up a collection for the last 22 years. This Isetta 300 is exceedingly rare as it has the fully glazed rear window and is thought to be one of only 12 still in existence. Supplied with a V5C registration document and original buff logbook, this BMW is a great reminder of when microcars were in vogue.
In a modern take on the classic television serial in the 1960s, CIA agent Solo and KGB agent Kuryakin are forced to put aside longstanding hostilities and team up on a joint mission to stop a mysterious international criminal organisation that is bent on destabilising the fragile balance of power through the proliferation of nuclear weapons and technology. The duo's only lead is the daughter of a vanished German scientist who is the key to infiltrating the criminal organization, and they must race against time to find him and prevent a worldwide catastrophe. The action sequences are superb and this Guy Ritchie directed action extravaganza represents, as you would expect, a relentless parade of cars, helicopters, motorbikes and planes in superbly choreographed stunts. One such vehicle is the petrol V8 powered Land Rover Defender 90 presented here. During the film, it is disguised with an earlier Series III front but the underpinnings are definitely 1994. It also benefits from a full exterior roll cage, an Exmoor soft-top and 'Old Man Emu Suspension', especially designed in Australia for superior performance across all terrain. This ex-MoD Land Rover was initially acquired by Warner
This Isetta was built in Brighton under license from BMW, as per the chassis plate, and is a genuine UK registered righthand drive example. The single cylinder 298cc engine produces 13bhp with a maximum top speed of 53mph for those brave enough. An interesting article in the Manchester Evening news on 24 th October 1984 shows this particular Isetta being presented to Sales Director Frank Johnson who was expecting a new Mercedes-Benz as his company car. Supplied with a V5C registration document and a workshop manual, this BMW Isetta is described as complete and running, although she could do with a little time and attention over the winter months. Offered without reserve, this 'bubble car' could well prove to be a bargain given the significant interest in microcars of late.
Introduced at Garage Francorchamps, Belgium in 1992, the 456 was Ferrari's attempt to produce a motor car that was somewhat different from their usual offerings. The idea was to generate the space and comfort of a Gran Turismo (GT) whilst being the most powerful 2+2 in the world. The 456 GT incorporated features familiar to generations of Ferrari cognoscenti with the front-mounted four-cam V12, rear transaxle, tubular steel space frame chassis, and all-independent suspension remaining, whilst an electronically-controlled adaptive suspension and a six-speed gearbox made its first appearance (an automatic gearbox was also an option). Power was supplied via the nearly 450 horsepower V12 that produced a massive 398 ft-lb of torque at 4,500rpm. Variable-ratio power steering, three-way adjustable suspension dampening, self-levelling rear ride height and a speed-activated rear spoiler ensure the handling is up to the performance. The interior was well appointed with features you expect from a luxury motor car. Aerodynamically efficient with a subtly beautiful curvaceous body, the 456 remained stable up to its maximum speed of around 190mph, a figure that made it the world's fastest produc
At start of the 1990s, after the introduction of their two-seat, grand-tourer R129 SL and the Mazda MX-5, Mercedes-Benz set out to create a new compact roadster, slotted below the SL. By late 1991, under Bruno Sacco, the first design sketches were drawn and scale models being built in the first half of 1992. Massively successful in its first year, worldwide sales hit 55,000, over double the entire nine-year production of 190 SLs and between 1996 and 2004, over 311,000 SLKs were sold. The roof design consists of a folding steel hardtop with both halves linked by a mechanism which is locked securely when the roof is closed. At the touch of a button on the centre console, a hydraulic system controls the fully automatic folding process in which the boot lid is also integrated. The R172 SLK 250 CDI model was introduced in 2012 and features a 2143cc diesel engine and offers 201bhp. This unmarked example was supplied on 1 st September 2013 to the current vendor and registered keeper. It is fitted with a panoramic vario-roof, parktronic and heated seats. The Diamond White coachwork is excellent as is the black leather interior which is complemented by red stitching. Having covered a mere 1
The name CL stands for the German 'Coupé Leicht' or Coupé Light. The CL-Class is based on the S-Class full-size luxury car known at first as the SEC and later S coupé. It was spun off into its own, current name in 1996 and in 1997 for North American markets. The CL continued to follow the same development cycle as the S, although riding on a shorter wheelbase and sharing the same engines albeit with less choice as only the higher-output power trains were offered. The second generation CL or the W215-chassis coupé of 2000-2006 came in various guises with this example being the supercharged V8-powered CL55 AMG. It came equipped with the very latest in Mercedes-Benz technology and, along with the S-Class saloons, the CL coupés received all new technological features. This AMG example has covered 119,600 miles and is finished in black with a matching black leather interior. The car comes with a detailed service history carried out by Mercedes-Benz main dealer and Mercedes-Benz specialists. The service records show the car was serviced on ten occasions with servicing carried out by Mercedes-Benz Macclesfield in 2004, 2005, 2006 on two occasions and 2007 with a further five services comp
The Aston Martin V8 engine began development in the mid-sixties when it was first used in a Lola Sports racing car with a view to replacing the six-cylinder unit which had been in production since the DB4 in 1958. Aston Martin had converted a DB5 with an early V8 engine which was used for many thousands of development miles by the factory to create a usable and powerful eight-cylinder engine for use in the new DBS model that was due for production in 1968. Unfortunately, the engine wasn't ready in time for the launch of the DBS and it went on sale fitted with the six-cylinder engine used in the DB4/5/6. In 1971, the DBS V8 was launched, fitted with the long awaited Tadek Marek designed V8, an engine which powered all Aston Martin models until the launch of the DB7 in the early nineties. The DBS V8 was replaced by the V8 Series III and was unveiled to the press in London in August 1973. The shape of the new V8 was similar to the previous model but featured revised front end styling and one of the major differences was the replacement of the Bosch fuel injection system with Weber carburettors. A number of improvements were made to various other aspects of the car including improved c
The C 43 AMG was launched in 1997 and it followed on from the straight-six C 36 AMG. That first AMG W202, C-Class was good enough with its 280hp straight-six; but its replacement was undeniably altogether more special. Not least because the W202 marked a step change in the relationship between AMG and Mercedes-Benz, being the first car assembled from scratch (as opposed to upgraded) at the former's factory in Affalterbach. It was also the first Mercedes-Benz C-Class powered by the M113, V8 engine. Just as with what seems like all AMGs, the C 43 explodes into life with an infectious V8 roar with all that power, allied with a maximum torque output of 302lb/ft, hitting a 0-60mph time of 5.7 seconds. Limited to 155mph, Mercedes-Benz unofficially claimed it could hit 168mph when de-restricted and, unlike the old C 36, the C 43's five-speed automatic gearbox is snappy and responsive thanks to AMG modifications. Setting off, it feels slightly aloof and inert at low speeds but once you crank things up, the noise that accompanies this surging acceleration is epic; a thread that seems common to all V8 AMGs. This truly excellent Mercedes-Benz C 43 AMG has covered 82,000 miles from new and, im