Ferrari 250 GTE 2+2 Coupé: Series 2: Coachwork by Pininfarina (1962) Left Hand Drive: USA Supplied & Title: Correct Matching Numbers: EU Taxes Paid 100 Point “Body off” Restoration The launch of the Ferrari 250 GTE was the collaboration between Pinin Farina and Enzo Ferrari to produce the most desirable Gran Turisimo with comfort, space and large luggage capacity. Not a widely known fact that two-seat models “were not my father’s favorite to drive,” said Piero Ferrari. “He loved the 2+2 … this was his personal car; my father was normally driving himself, but he always had a driver with him, and a little dog. So for him, a two-seat car wasn’t enough.” Our car #4043GT was supplied new in 1962 to Luigi Chinetti Motors. The car was commissioned to be built in Rosso Bordeaux ((20200) as the car is presented today. We understand the car had spent all its life in the USA until its return to the EU in 2015. On our acquisition we commenced a complete restoration of the Ferrari which consisted of works to the body, chassis, interior & all mechanical components. In excess of 2000 hours was spent in the preparation of this magnificent vehicle. We now offer for sale this rare and highly desirable Series 2 GTE in genuinely concours condition. These Colombo engined 250 series Ferraris are rightly regarded as the very best of all the classic sixties models, indeed the mechanical specification of the 250GTE can be closely compared with the incomparable 250 SWB & GTO, exquisite competition motorcars worth many millions today. This is a unique opportunity to acquire a beautifully prepared, correct matching numbers example, finished in its original factory colour that is ready to be enjoyed & used today!
Aston Martin V8 Vantage (V580) Automatic Coupé (1985) Original Left Hand Drive Manufactured: 1 of only 3 Motorcars Produced The Aston Martin V8 Vantage was hailed as “Britain’s First Supercar” for its 170 mph (270 km/h) top speed when introduced. Its engine was shared with the Lagonda, but it used high-performance camshafts, increased compression ratio, larger inlet valves and bigger carburettors mounted on new manifolds for increased output. Straight-line performance was the best of the day. When Motor Magazine tested the V8 Vantage V580 an incredible 0 to 60mph time of 5.2 seconds was recorded, which was quicker than the Ferrari Daytona, its main competitor of the time! One of the most noticeable features was the closed-off hood bulge rather than the open scoop found on the normal V8. The grille area was also closed off, with twin driving lights inserted and a spoiler added to the boot lid. The 580 Vantage was more of a mechanical update which included the more powerful V8 from the limited-edition V8 Zagato. Our car was commissioned to be built in 1984 in Cheltenham Beige with Magnolia Hide Interior as the car is presented today. Fitted also with the highly desirable electric operated sun roof. Contemporary restoration works were carried out by RS Williams Ltd (Factory Heritage Service Centre) in 2015 and further works in 2016, on Hexagon Classics acquisition, were also completed by an official Factory Heritage Service Centre. Without doubt an ultra-rare opportunity to acquire the highly desirable Vantage (580) Coupe in Left Hand Drive which we understand from factory records is just one of only three motorcars built to this specification. Available for immediate inspection at our South Kensington showrooms.
Aston Martin DB Mk 3 (1958) Right Hand Drive: UK Supplied: Original Registration Number Chassis Number: AM300/3/1433: Engine Number: DBA1059 One of 462 Produced: The DB 2/4 Mk III (normally known as the Mk III, even at the time of its introduction) was a sports car hand-built and sold by Aston Martin from 1957 through to 1959. It was an evolution of the DB2/4 Mk II and retained the earlier car’s W.O. Bentley-designed, Lagonda 2.9L straight-6 engine, redesigned by Tadek Marek. Changes included a grill similar to the company’s racing DB3S, a new instrument panel, and for the first time ever on an Aston, disc brakes. The hydraulically operated clutch was new as well, and an optional Laycock-de Normanville overdrive, attached to the 4-speed gearbox became standard after the first 100 cars. Worm-and-sector steering and a live axle rear end were also carried forward from previous models. The standard DBA engine model with twin SU carburettors produced 162hp, though an optional dual-exhaust system (a claimed 16 bhp increase) raised this to a reputed 178hp. Thus equipped, the car could reach 60 mph in 9.3 seconds and hit 120 mph. We are delighted to be able to offer this exquisite DB 2/4 Mk III for the first time since it was purchased by the current family custodians over 56 years ago. The first owner was a Mr W. Griffith from Somerset, who owned chassis number AM300/3/1433 until 1960, when he placed an advert in the local newspaper. Mr Marcus Green, a long-standing member of the Aston Martin Owner’s Club, saw the advert and immediately arranged a viewing. A deal was struck and Mr Green bought the car, which is still in his garage today. In 2003, the car was inherited by Mr Green’s son in law, himself a skilled mechanical engineer, who set about restoring the Aston to its former glory. The restoration was a complete body-off nut and bolt rebuild that took place over 2-3 years and significant time and effort was put into ensuring the shut lines were better than when new. The original engine was rebuilt and the interior trimmed to a high specification. The car today is reading a mere 67,000 miles from new and still presents beautifully with dark blue paintwork that retains an excellent shine. In addition, original tools can be found under the bonnet along with the chassis plate and many other original components. Upon Hexagon Classics acquisition a re-trim was carried out in manufacture’s colour option of Connolly Bros Vaumol VM3393 Grey and a re-trim of all carpeting, also in grey. Our post sale services will include a fresh service and safety related checks which will be completed by Aston Martin marque specialists. It is now time for this Aston Martin to find a new keeper who will hopefully preserve it for many future generations to come. Available for inspection at our central London showrooms.
Aston Martin DB5 Saloon (1964) Original Factory Production – Right Hand Drive – 5 Speed ZF Manual Chassis Number: DB5/1406 /R Engine Number: 400/1390 UK Title & CH. Fahrzeugausweis The Aston Martin DB5 is regarded by most Aston Martin experts “as their most beautiful model ever built” This car replaced the DB4 series in 1963 with substantial changes, notably under the bonnet. The 6-cylinder engine’s capacity was enlarged to 4 litres, propelling the motorcar to 145 mph (233 km/h). Significant too, was the introduction of a fully synchromeshed manual gearbox with electric overdrive & latterly the ZF unit boasted 5 forward gears together with 15” Chromium Wire Wheels and Girling disc brakes. Standard equipment on the DB5 included reclining seats, wool pile carpets, electric windows, twin fuel tanks, oil cooler, and magnesium-alloy body built to the Superleggera patent technique and complemented with full hide interior. The DB5 is famous all over the world for being the first and most recognised cinematic James Bond car! The Aston Martin has been featured in several of the James Bond films notably Goldfinger, Thunderball, Golden Eye, Tomorrow Never Dies, Casino Royale, Skyfall and the latest Bond adventure, Spectre. # DB5/1406/R was supplied new on the 7th February 1964 by official Aston Martin agents Mill Car Garages of County Durham to Levey’s Wallpaper Stores of Walstead, Northumberland. Mr D Levey commissioned the car to be built in Goodwood Green as the car is presented today. In 1986 the car was acquiried by Prince Sadruddin (Aga Khan) for his personal use in Switzerland. At the point of export, His Highness commissioned a detailed restoration. The Aga Khan held ownership of the DB5 until 1998 (February) then sold the car to another Genève resident whom kept the vehicle for some 16 years until acquired by Hexagon Classics in 2015. On Hexagon Classics acquisition we embarked on a complete and detailed restoration that included: •Full repaint in the original manufactured colour of Goodwood Green. •Re-trim in the original manufacturer’s colour option of Connolly Bros Vaumol VM846 Natural Hide. •Re-trim of all carpeting in the original manufacturer’s colour option of Beige Wilton. •A full & comprehensive mechanical re-furbishment completed by ultimate Marque Specialists, Pugsley & Lewis Ltd •Engine rebuild to Unleaded Specification •New Clutch •New Avon Radial tyres. •New Wire wheels. •The Engine compartment & complete Underside of the motorcar has been prepared to concours standards. •New Chrome Finishing •Chassis and Sill Works Accompanying # DB5/1406/R is a comprehensive chassis file including: •Specialist Service invoices from 1986 through to the current date •Factory Build Sheet •BMIHT Certificate •Detailed works invoices just completed 2016 (April) •Autocar Road Test, DB5 from September 1964 •Factory Brochure (Colour) 1964 •Owner’s Manual /Instruction Book •Personalised Leather Chassis File •Original Factory Jack Our magnificent DB5 coupé is available for immediate inspection at our central London showrooms.
Bentley S1 Continental Fastback Coupé (1956) Chassis No: BC.73.AF: UK Supplied: Ex. Swiss Title Unique Original Build Colour Specification The ’50s were a never-to-be-replicated era for spectacular automobile design. Bentley Motors, wishing to make its mark in the early ’50s, made a big splash with its R-type Continental in 1952 and most of the 200 + examples produced featured a bold fastback design, with two raised fins on each side at the rear. When introduced, the car was the fastest and safest four-seat production car in the world. It was a spectacular success, despite costing many times more than a Cadillac of the same era. 1956 marked the final iteration of the W.O. Bentley- designed straight-six engine. With 4.9 litres, increased compression, larger carburettors and intake valves, power was said to have increased by 13 percent. As cars became more powerful and refined through the 1950s, Bentley adapted the new “Cloud”-series chassis and engine to its prior fastback design, this time on the S-1 chassis. Gone were the weight-saving features of the R-type model, such as lightweight seats, replaced by more luxurious features. Other newer features could then be ordered, like electric windows and air conditioning. Combined with a host of suspension, steering and braking improvements, which by this time were power-assisted, the entire S1 Continental package was finely tuned to ensure capable, competent road manners and excellent performance. The S-1 Continental Fastback Coupé by H.J. Mulliner was a big success continuing in the tradition of its predecessor. Collectors have recognised the uniqueness of its styling and the fastback cars have recently experienced a great increase in both demand and price. The Bentley S-1 fastback, of which less than 120 were manufactured in both RHD and LHD, is a comparative bargain to its European competition and one twelfth as common as a Gullwing, for example. Our car BC.73.AF was the 22nd motorcar completed at the H. J. Mulliner workshops, Bedford Park, Chiswick, London W4 & was supplied via official Bentley sales agent Charles Attwood & Sons Ltd to P Gibbons of Wolverhampton in March 1956. Mr Gibbons commissioned his motor car to be specially built in his personal & very rare colour choice of Vineyard Green with Beige Hide interior as the car is still presented today. On Hexagon Classics acquisition, we commenced a comprehensive re-commissioning of the Bentley – Bare Metal repaint in its original factory colour. – Complete mechanical re-furbishment to include detailed engine compartment preparation. – Renewal of MOT test certificate. – Re-furbishment of interior by Connolly trained personnel. – Exterior renewal of coachlining by the traditional method. Accompanying the Bentley is the cars historical chassis file which includes: – Drivers Hand Book “S” Type – Factory Build Sheet Specification – S1 Continental Production Schedule – Varies Service Maintenance Invoices – FIVA Identity Card – Ex CH Title Document (Fahrzeugausweis) – UK Vehicle Registration Documents This sensational and highly regarded S1 Continental Fastback Coupé is now available for immediate inspection at our central London showrooms.
Ferrari BB 512 (Carburettor) (1978) Right Hand Drive: UK Supplied: 1 of 101 Cars Produced Ferrari Classiche Certified: 24,767 miles: Ferrari Service History Having reasserted itself at the top of the supercar hierarchy with the first ‘Boxer’ – the 365GT/4 BB – Ferrari went one better in 1976 with its successor the BB 512. The increase in engine size to 4942cc was made not so much with increased power in mind but to enable the 512BB to meet increasingly stringent emissions targets without loss of performance. Displacement was increased by enlarging both bore and stroke, while in addition the compression ratio was raised and dry-sump lubrication adopted. The result of all these changes was a useful increase in torque which, coupled with revised gear ratios, made the 512BB a far more tractable and enjoyable car to use. Changes to Pininfarina’s inspired coachwork were not surprisingly few as their original design for the 365BB was sensational. Revised front air-dam spoiler beneath the nose, brake-cooling NACA ducts ahead of the rear wheel arches, four rear lights instead of six and revised air intake boxes, while slightly lower profile rear tyres meant that the width of the 512’s rear grew by just over 25mm. The running gear likewise came in for only minor revision, gaining stiffer springs/anti-roll bars and altered damping rates, while the already excellent all-round ventilated disc brakes remained unchanged. Inside, the 512 remained virtually the same as before but for the welcome adoption of multi-way adjustable seats in place of the fixed originals. Road & Track magazine had achieved a speed of 175mph (280km/h) in the preceding 365GT/4 BB, and although lack of road space prevented the discovery of their test 512’s capability; Ferrari’s claimed maximum of 188mph was felt entirely realistic. At the world launch of the motorcar Road & Track stated that the Ferrari 512 Boxer was regarded as the best all-round sports and GT car we’ve tested. If we had to pin the reasons down to one it would have to be that the Ferrari doesn’t forget the driver. The Boxer has it all, the speed, the handling, the lovely shape, the well done cockpit and, most important of all, a reputation for reliability. Possessing an engine directly related to Ferrari’s contemporary Formula 1 unit, as well as being both lighter and faster than the legendary Daytona, the 512BB was one of the most capable and exciting supercars of its era and is still capable of providing all the thrills that an enthusiastic owner-driver Our car #23527 was supplied new by myself, whilst I was the Sales Director of the official Ferrari distributors for London, HR Owen. My client Mr R Gawn of Cambridge commissioned the car to be Exterior: Rosso Rubino Metalizzato / Nero Base Today, the car has covered approximately 24,767 miles & comes complete with its original leather pouch and books, original toolkit, jack & spare wheel. Hexagon Classics have completed a full re-commissioning programme which included the following detailed works: •Complete bare metal re-paint in the original manufacture colour – Rosso Rubino Metalizzato •New Leather interior – VM3997 Connolly Crema by Luppi, Modena, Italy) •Extensive mechanical refurbishment by official Ferrari Classiche Service Centre •Ferrari Classiche Certified Accompanying the car is an historical chassis file and factory equipment that includes: •Original Leather Handbook Pouch •Original Handbook & Sales /Service Centre booklets •Original Tool Attaché Case •Original Factory Production invoices •Maintenance Invoices from 1985 •Historical Tax Discs from 1996 Without doubt this is a unique opportunity to acquire one of Ferrari’s most highly sought after contemporary models, perhaps their first real supercar. Presented in concours condition, with entirely correct matching numbers & presented in original manufacturers exterior and interior finishes. The issuance of Ferrari Classiche Certification together with its extremely low recorded mileage makes this particular Ferrari 512 BB Carburettor perhaps the most collectable Right Hand Drive Berlinetta currently available for sale anywhere today. Our 512 BB is now available for the closest inspection at our central London showrooms.
1973 Porsche 911 Carrera 2.7 RS Touring (M472) Left Hand Drive: EU supplied: Correct Matching Numbers Chassis No: 911.360.0541 Engine No: 6630562 911/83 One of Only Four Produced To This Colour Specification The Porsche 911 is probably the most recognised and iconic 2-door sports car produced by Porsche AG of Stuttgart, Germany. It has a distinctive design, rear-engine and independent rear suspension, an evolution of the swing axle design used on the Porsche 356 with the fitment of the famous air-cooled flat 6 “boxer” engine. Since its introduction in 1963 the car has undergone continuous development, though the basic concept has remained little changed until this day. The 911 models have been modified by private teams and the factory itself for racing, rallying and other forms of motorsport. It is amongst the most successful competition car ever. In the mid-1970s, normally aspirated 911 Carrera RSR’s won major world championship sports car races such as Targa Florio, Daytona, Sebring & Nürburgring, even against works prototypes. RS stands for Rennsport, translated to race sport in English. These motorcars were constructed by Porsche to enter racing formulae that demanded a certain minimum number of production cars were produced. Compared with a standard 911S 2.4, the Carrera 2.7 RS had a larger engine (2687 cc) developing 210 BHP (150 kW) with MFI, revised and stiffened suspension, a “ducktail" rear spoiler, larger brakes, wider rear wheels and rear fenders. In its RS Touring format the car weighed 1075 kg (2370 lb), in Sport Lightweight form it was about 100 kg (220 lb.) lighter, the saving coming from the thin-gauge steel used for parts of the body shell and also the use of thinner glass. In total, 1580 were made, comfortably exceeding the 500 that had to be constructed to qualify for the vital FIA Group 4 class. The RS model is considered by many to be the greatest classic 911 of all-time. Our rare correct matching numbers left hand drive Carrera 2.7 RS Touring (M472) was manufactured by Porsche AG in Stuttgart, West Germany on the 1st January 1973 & was commissioned to be built in Olive (414) with Black interior & only 4 examples are thought to be thus finished. On Hexagon Classics acquisition we instructed one of the UK’s leading Historic Porsche Specialists to carry out a complete mechanical and “body off” restoration that included: • A Complete “bare metal rotisserie” repaint • Engine rebuild by Neil Bainbridge • Gearbox rebuild by Neil Bainbridge • MFI pump rebuild by Neil Bainbridge • All suspension, brakes & tyres renewed • Fitment of factory correct sports Recaro seats (409) This exceptional, Left Hand Drive Carrera 2.7RST is presented in outstanding restored condition and supplied with the following historical documentation: • Handbook Pouch • Books and Associated Literature • Various Maintenance Invoices • Copy of Factory Data Sheet • Factory Issued Porsche AG. Certificate of Authenticity • Copy of Production Specification from Gruber & Konradsheim “Carrera Book” • Various Restoration Invoices • Detailed Listing of Mechanical Restoration • Current Engine Dyno Report • Original Spare Keys • Original Tools This unique and totally concours 2.7RST is now available for immediate inspection at our central London showrooms.
Jaguar E-Type 3.8 Litre Semi-Lightweight Open Two Seater Registration No: NBD 2 Chassis Number: 1R 41065 Engine Number: ZA9040-8 One Owner and a Complete Documented History from New! The Late owner Richard Colton, well known philanthropist, who had had the pleasure of piloting an ex-Ecurie Ecosse C-Type on the Mille Miglia Storica, commissioned NBD 2 from one of the world’s leading authorities on Lightweight E Types, Bryan Wingfield of DRL Engineering during summer 1991. The recognised master in his field, Wingfield only built a handful of `Semi-Lightweight’ Open Two Seaters, a letter on file records only 3 such motorcars in 1991/2, one of which was a low drag coupe. The work of renowned specialist RS Panels, the re-born Jaguar’s alloy monocoque was reinforced via the use of steel for its floor, front / rear bulkheads and internally braced sills not to mention a Safety Devices rollover bar. Lighter yet stiffer than its production equivalent, the resultant bi-metal structure was fitted with uprated suspension (rose-jointed anti-roll bars, adjustable shock absorbers) and more efficient brakes (XJ callipers). Built by Dave Butcher, the 3.8 litre engine featured D-type camshafts and triple Weber carburettors. Reputed to develop 282bhp and 275lbft of torque, the straight-six was allied to a five-speed manual Getrag gearbox. Riding on correct-type `peg drive’ alloy wheels and clad with alloy outer panels, `NBD 2′ is understood to weigh 23.3 cwt with a few gallons of fuel aboard. Visually distinguished from a factory `Lightweight’ by its more steeply raked windscreen, the open two-seater also boasted a properly lined hardtop, Parchment leather / Chiltern Tweed upholstery and full carpet / door trims all by Suffolk & Turley. Writing in the Jaguar Drivers’ Club Newsletter (January 2007 issue), Richard Colton recalled that `The Wingfield Lightweight’ first moved on the road in August 1992. Since then it has covered many miles on the Continent, climbed all the major Alpine Rally passes and competed in: •The Rallye Pyrenees (x2) •Prix des Alpes (x2) •Rally Atlantique •Carrera d’Espagne •Euroclassic (x3) •RAC Haynes Two-Days (x2) •Entente Cordiale (x3) The car has also had the privilege of being driven on some of the world’s leading motor racing circuits which included: •Goodwood •Silverstone •Castle Coombe •Snetterton •Thruxton •Zandvoort •Zolder •Nurburgring •Hockenheim •Clermont Ferrand •Reims •2005 Woodbridge Speed Trials’ when the car recorded 143.6mph for the standing mile Accompanying the Jaguar is its fantastic historical chassis file, which comprises complete construction records from new, period photographs, service records, personal correspondence from Richard Colton, period magazine articles, Mot certificates & an operating maintenance & service handbook. It should be noted that the Six continuation Lightweights recently completed by the Jaguar factory & reputedly sold for in excess of 1M GBP, (current value in excess of GBP 2m) were built in conjunction with some of the very same experts responsible for NBD 2! This magnificent motorcar has covered only 24,900 miles since new in the hands of the late Richard Colton & his wife only. Hexagon Classics are proud to offer for sale as owners, this unique Jaguar, which is available for immediate inspection at our central London showrooms – a quite unrepeatable opportunity.