This highly desirable MKI Zephyr Six was first registered on the 22nd September 1955 and supplied new in Beige. We have history dating back to 1966 in the form of a continuation logbook and know the Ford was owned by a lady in Horspath, Oxon during the mid-1960s. The car stayed in the Oxford area until 1970 when it was sold to a gentleman in Carnforth, Lancashire. From the paperwork, we know the car was off the road between 1980 and 1987 and had to be re-registered with the DVLA in Manchester as computerised systems were in place by the time this Zephyr was back on the road. The Zephyr stayed in Lancashire until selling to the last owner in 1996. We have MOT certificates dating back to 1968 and an original Regent Petrol and Oil log sheet that keeps mileage records from 1966 to 1970.
GSU 460 has spent the past 18 years with a keen classic car enthusiast who has spent thousands of pounds restoring this lovely example. We believe the car has engine work during the late 1980's and after spending more time off the road during the 1990's, the car was sympathetically restored and put back on the road by 1999. The restoration began with bodywork and four new wings were sourced in New Zeal
1955 ford zephyr 6 mark-1 overdrive petrol restored
Corner Farm, West Knapton
West Knapton, YO17 8JB, North Yorkshire
In 1950, Ford took the wraps off a range of cars that were nothing less ...
Silverstone Auctions offered more than 130 classic and competition cars ...