The 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO Berlinetta Recreation being offered is one of the finest of the GTO replicas built, and is based on one of Ferrari’s original road cars of the period, the 250 GTE 2+2. Considered by enthusiasts as the best possible basis for a 250 GTO reproduction, GTEs were built along three series from 1959 to 1963, with a chassis that is similar in its layout and dimensions to that of the original 250 GTO. 3781 GT was built in France during 1988-1989 using original 250 GTE chassis 3781 GT, which was sold new in France and once owned by Jacques Entremont, who commissioned its conversion to a faithfully executed 250 GTO recreation. Alain Garnier, who was one of the first builders of 250 GTO replicas, accomplished the bulk of the work. Its stunningly recreated GTO bodywork features hand-beaten aluminum alloy panels, while its chassis dimensions, brakes, steering and suspension components are of the same specification as those of the 250 GTO. Finishing work was completed by Philippe Billot in Cannes, France, including the glass and Plexiglas side and rear windows for the car. A set of iconic Borrani wire-spoke wheels and Dunlop racing tires round out the exterior package. Ch
--Azzurro Chiaro with Tan leather interior, Tan carpeting and Black convertible top, Recently restored in its original color Azzuro Chiaro, The 46th of just 202 examples constructed, Original factory fitted hardtop, Documented and well known history, Documented by Massini, Seven time veteran of the Colorado Grand. The chassis of this car was delivered on May 4, 1960 at the Carrozzeria Pininfarina plant in Torino and was completed on June 8, 1960. The car was painted in Azzurro Chiaro coachwork with Blue vinyl and leather interior and was supplied with a factory hardtop. The 46th of 200 250 GT PF Series 11 Cabriolets constructed, in July 1960 it was sold to its first owner R.A.S.I.O.M, a chemical company domiciled in Milan, Italy. Subsequently sold to Mr. Stot, believed to be the president of R.A.S.I.O.M, who kept the car until 1965, at which point it was exported to the USA and under the new ownership of Mr. Arnold Crane, Chicago. Mr. Crane kept the 250 GT until 1967 at which point he sold to Luigi Chinetti Motors, Greenwich CT. The next owner was a Mr. Terry Herndon of Carlisle, MA, who is understood to have later sold the car to Mr. John Greenup of Worcester, MA, who kept the car
Roberto Rossellini and his actress wife Ingrid Bergman were among Ferrari's best customers in the 1950's buying his "n" hers 375mms in 1954. This Ferrari 250 GT Competition Berlinetta Sport Speciale chassis 0403 received special coachwork by Pinin Farina originally believed to be intended for Bergman and painted in her personal Grigio Ingrid, though she never took delivery. Its first owner was a resident of nearby Modena, but in the 1960s the car crossed the ocean for a lengthy stay in North America. The car was raced in competition a number of times including Laguna Seca in 1977. The car returned to Europe and in was entered in the 2005 Villa d'Este concours d'elegance where it was awarded best in class. On seeing the car at Pebble Beach in recent times, Sergio Pininfarina commented that it was one of his favourite designs; the rear window line terminating in twin rear fins being particularly modern and elegant. The car was entered in the Cartier Style et Luxe at the 2013 Goodwood Festival of Speed - where it was awarded Coup de Grace for "Sublime Grand Tourer of the 1950's" In November 2016 the car was awarded the best "Gulf Classic" at the inaugural Gulf Concours in Dubai to add
Chassis no. 2209 GT Engine no. 2209 GT Gearbox no. 54/539 290 bhp, 2,953 cc, SOHC V-12 engine, three Weber 40 DCE/6 carburetors, four-speed synchromesh gearbox, independent front suspension with parallel A-arms, coil springs and tubular “Koni” shock absorbers and anti-sway bar, rear solid axle, trailing arms, leaf springs and tubular shocks, limited-slip differential, aluminum body paneling as per original. Wheelbase: 94.5" - A rare early alloy-bodied SWB 250 GT - Jo Schlesser and André Simon finished third overall in its first race – the 1000 kms of Montlhéry on October 23, 1960 - Total and correct restoration to its original configuration by the Ferrari Maranello Factory in the period May 2007 – May 2008 - Issued a “Certificato Di Authenticia” by Ferrari/Classiche; “Red Book,” compact disc detailing the restoration and a Classiche metal badge FERRARI’S SHORT WHEELBASE BERLINETTA – 1960-1962 After much competition success with their long wheelbase Berlinettas in the Grand Touring category from 1956 to 1959, Ferrari engineers Bizzarini, Chiti and Forghieri designed the replacement, the SWB Berlinetta, with the prototype chassis, no. 1539 GT, being introduced at the Paris Auto Salon
1961 Ferrari 250 GTE 2+2 Series 1 - Chassis 2769GT Â 2769 GT was sold new in France. The car has 67595 Kms from new and retains its original leather and carpets.Â The car is in perfect mechanical condition. One of the 302 Ferrari 250 GTE 2+2 Series 1 made. French registration Â
The Ferrari 250 GT Cabriolet Series II has been sold by the factory to the Italian dealership Malago. It carried originally the very elegant colour combination as mouse grey metallic with a dark red interior. It was acquired by an American Ferrari enthusiast already in the seventies when it appeared in Pennsylvania and later in Ohio. It was offered in the seventies obviuosly repainted into black with a new black interior. In the late eighties it was part of Bill Kontes "The checkered Flag collection" in New Jersey who kept it obviously for more than ten years. In this time the odometer has shown an overall mileage of 73 872 km's. It left the US in 1999 bought by a Netherland based Ferrari enthusiast. In its new home the 250 GT Cabriolet was frequently used for rallyeing and participating at Ferrari club events until we purchased it in 2005. The odometer was showing a mileage of near to 80 000 km which we believe might be the original overall mileage of the car. Since then we carried out a major cosmetic restoration changing the outside colour into Argento metalizzato with a dark red interior. The engine compartment had been detailed in our workshop and lots of necessary work was ca
The 250 GT Boano has been delivered in Italy in 1956 to its first owner Piero Volpi living in Milano/Italy. It seems that he kept the car until 1965 when it was bought by an Austrian new owner from Vienna. The car still carries its Austrian so called "Einzelgenehmigung" which is the old Austrian logbook still valid today. By this the history of our Boano is perfectly documented having had only four owners in Austria and up from 1999 just one owner in Germany who has kept the Boano in his climate controlled garage as an important piece of his famous Ferrari collection. The Boano on offer represents with SN # 0505 GT the first 250 GT ever made at the works of Mario Boano. The "Number One" Boano carries some very interesting details compared to later cars. The roof line is lowered by another 2 cm, it is equipped with alloy inner fenders and has an earlier type of gearbox having been used for the Europa GT and early Tour de Frances. The last Austrian owner commisioned a nut and bolt restoration in the late nineties to the famous and well known shop of Egidio Brandoli near to Modena. The interior work has been carried out at the most famous company Fratelli Lupi which was the original F
The 250 GT Lusso is widely regarded as one of the most elegant and timeless designs by Pininfarina in their history. Introduced in 1962 the 250 GT Berlinetta Lusso was Ferrari's latest intermediate model, a vehicle to bridge the gap between competition racers and luxuriously appointed 2+2 Coupe's. Just 351 examples were built between 1963 and late 64. This late LHD example, no. 329 of 350 units built was supplied new to German importer Auto Becker in June 1964, specced in Blue Notte over a Nero Hide. The car was sold to its first private owner located in Cologne, Germany shortly after in 1964. The car was initially registered on Italian tourist plates, it wasn't until 1966 that the car was officially 'imported' and registered on regular German license plates. During this ownership the car was serviced and maintained by the Ferrari Factory Assistenza Clienti in Modena, Italy with documents supporting this until 1971. Sometime later the car was exported to France, where it was recorded in 1987 to be owned by a Mr Lafuge located in Paris. In the early period of the 1990's the car was restored, changing colour to a dark metallic grey as documented by pictures in the accompanying histor
Chassis 3387 was the 2nd 250 GTO made The 1st 250 GTO to compete in a race One of a handful of works cars used by Scuderia Ferrari for testing Fabulous successful race history having competed in 27 races in period with 17 class podiums Well documented history This car was completed on March the 16th of 1962 whereupon it immediately started testing duties at Monza for Scuderia Ferrari to assist the development of the 250 GTO model. Later that month the car was delivered to Luigi Chinetti Motors where as a NART entry it gained the distinction of becoming the first 250 GTO to race. It was a successful debut finishing 2nd overall and 1st in class at the 1962 Sebring 12 hours driven by Phil Hill and Olivier Gendebien. In June of that year the car was sold to Robert "Bob" Grossman of New York who promptly entered the car in the 1962 Le Mans 24 Hour race in which partnered with Fireball Roberts they finished 6th overall and 1st place in the experimental 3000cc class. Bob went to compete with success in 8 further races that year and after competing in the 1963 Sebring 12 hours sold the car to one of his co-drivers from the previous season - Mike Gammino. Gammino raced the car with consider
We are pleased to bring into stock this stunning original colour combination, Ferrari Classiche certified 250 GT Lusso in right-hand drive. The 250 GT Lusso is widely regarded as one of the most elegant and timeless designs by Pininfarina of all time. Introduced in 1962 the 250 GT Berlinetta Lusso was Ferrari's latest intermediate model, a vehicle to bridge the gap between competition racers and luxuriously appointed 2+2 Coupe's. 351 examples were built between 1963 and late 64. This particular Right Hand Drive example is one of just 22 cars originally supplied by Maranello Concessionaires and was first delivered in April 1964. The car was collected from the factory and driven back by the first owner. It has remained in the UK ever since and remarkably it is believed the car has only had four private owners from new. With its well-known registration "99 JBU" the car was for many years in the long term ownership of Mr Alexander Fyshe, who showed the car at numerous events during his 30 year ownership. The car was restored in the 90's over a long period by Maranello, it had little use and remained in concours condition for the rest of Fyshe's ownership until 2008 when it was sold to
Four stunning late 1950s and ‘60s Ferraris are to grace the prestigious ...
Artcurial has hosted a relatively high profile auction at the Le Mans cl...