Dodge established itself as a heavyweight in light and medium truck production during the Second World War with the WC and WD series that backed up the ubiquitous 1/4-ton GPW Jeep in more demanding cargo carrying and heavier combat roles. Produced in a wide variety of configurations the Dodge trucks proved themselves in all theaters of the war with all US and Allied services and in a wide variety of applications. Only a few years after the cessation of hostilities in the Pacific renewed threats in Korea and from a belligerent Soviet Union caused the U.S. military to seek an updated but still multi-purpose medium duty 4×4. Dodge filled its requirements with the redesigned M37 which entered production in late 1950.
The M37 still relied on Dodge’s stalwart 230 cubic inch 78 horsepower flathead straight-six, it also had a two-speed transfer case, four-speed manual transmission and four-wheel hydraulic brakes. Production continued with variants from cargo and personnel carriers to fire apparatus until 1968 with 115,000 built.
This 1953 M37 is pickup bodied and has been thoroughly restored and finished in a grey US Navy livery. At each end of its 112-inch wheelbase are new 9.00/16 non-di
left-hand-drive 1953 dodge m37 pickup grey 4-speed cloth manual restored american
2310 Chaffee Drive
Saint Louis, MO 63146, Missouri