Registration number: CE4786 Rare and interesting; This beautiful Edwardian in one of two examples known in existence. It was the last year of production prior to Daimler switching from poppetvalve to sleeve valve engines & final drive is by shaft; a combination only found in 1908 as prior to that all poppet valve cars were chain driven. The car is VSCC dated & comes with the requisite dating plaque. The 5.0 four cylinder engine has just undergone major works including the white metaling of the big end bearings & fitment of a pressure based lubrication system with a crank oil gallery & discreet belt driven oil pump to replace the original splash cup system. It is also fitted with an electric button activated starter. The car was supplied new to one W. Sindall, a Cambridge builder of note & spent almost its entire life there until passing into the present 4th ownership. The second owner bough it at auction in 1935 from the estate of the original owner. The third owner was note vintage car aficionado Peter Garner of Landbeach near Cambridge. The car has just had some £20,000 spent on it at noted specialists Classic Restorations of Chichester, fettling the engine & reconnecting some of
1908 daimler rois des belges tourer white leather
Prestige House. 9 Globe Industrial Estate
Medmenham, RM17 6ST , Buckinghamshire
The Daimler Motor Company is possibly the oldest British motoring name a...
Perhaps it’s those awkward looks or maybe it’s because just 2645 were ma...