This remarkable Cord Front Drive L-29 has had only four owners from new and its history is exhaustively documented. It was purchased new by Henry McVickar, a personal friend and perhaps business colleague of E.L. Cord, as a rolling chassis. As recounted by his son Harry, Henry McVickar was a car enthusiast who owned several very high end coachbuilt automobiles, typically several at any given time. The d’Ieteren Freres Town Car body that it still displays was transferred from Mr. McVickar’s own 1927 Minerva and the skill and sensitivity of the craftsman who made the installation, likely a member of the coach building Brunn family from Buffalo, New York, is evident not only in the quality of the workmanship but how well the Town Car coachwork from the much larger and taller Minerva is integrated with the low chassis of the Front Drive Cord. The coachwork was adapted and fitted to this chassis by December 21, 1929, and is attested to by the original registration. This is less than two months after the bare chassis was shipped from Indiana to New York in October 1929. The coach was converted from the right drive Minerva chassis to the left drive Cord with minimal alteration but wonderf
left-hand-drive 1929 cord l 29 town leather
2310 Chaffee Drive
Saint Louis, MO 63146, Missouri
Bonhams achieved total sales of $13.95million for its inaugural sale at ...
After recently being uncovered in the Pacific Northwest of America, in o...