We are delighted to offer this magnificent matching numbers UK supplied Austin Healey onto the market. YNF 526A was built between the 1st and 4rd of November 1963 and supplied new by Windsor Motor Company, Windsor, Berkshire. This RHD Home Market car was equipped new with overdrive, wire wheels, heater, adjustable steering column, servo assisted brakes and laminated windscreen. Whilst this is a genuine UK home market car, it has spent much of its life overseas in RHD format. The Austin Healey was taken to San Marino where it spent several years prior to being registered in Italy on the 7 th July 1982. The Healey then spent 32 years in Italy, spending from 1982 to 2012 in Brescia with one owner. In 2014 the car was in Roma, and was brought back to the UK and it has had just one UK owner since. YNF 526A came back to the UK and was sold to the last owner in stunning, excellent condition. The Ice Blue over Cream paintwork was and still is in pristine condition with an outstanding finish. The car was found to be in mechanically excellent order with a beautifully strong engine holding very good oil pressure. The Healey was put through an MOT, fully serviced and since then has covered jus
This stunning Range Rover Vogue has had just three owners from new and between 2015-2017 has had over £23,000 spent on a major programme of work taking it into first class condition. The vehicle was first registered on the 5th January 1993 and spent three years with its first owner in Pudsey, Leeds. The Range Rover was part exchanged with a York based Land Rover dealer in 1996 and sold to one of our long term customers who kept the car almost twenty years covering in the region of 75000 miles in this time, buying it with 40,000 miles at three years old. In early 2016 we sold the Range Rover to another long term customer of ours who commissioned £18,000 of work taking the car to a beautiful standard. Since then in early 2017 a further £5,000 has been spent on an upholstery re-trim in high quality leather plus the fitting of a handsfree kit. Since the major programme of work, the Range Rover has been used for commuting to work, covering in the region of 4000 miles. The Range Rover has also recently driven faultlessly from North Yorkshire to Central London and is quite simply outstanding on the road. The mileage is today is 122,300 and this example is both cosmetically and mechanicall
This delightful Burgundy Morris Minor Traveller was first registered on the 17th July 1969 and is a car well known to us. We sold the Morris in 2016 to one of our long term customers in Scarborough who has used the car regularly over the past year. The Morris has been used for local regularly driving and has made several trips here to visit. It’s a delightful, reliable example and prior to selling it to the last owner, it was with a customer of ours in York from 2008. In 2008 the Minor was sold by one of the UK's main Minor Specialists. The car was described as a nice example with excellent woodwork, good paintwork and fitted with a brake servo. As part of the sale agreement, the Morris was put through a programme of work to include conversion to unleaded, the fitting of new bumpers skis, supplying and fitting a new chrome grill surround, fitting brand new Red carpets and leather door pull handles, a new inner and outer window channel to the nearside rear and fitting new weather strips to both doors. When the Morris arrived with us in 2016, we removed the engine and carried out an engine bay re-paint. Having covered around 3000 miles since 2008, due to stone chips and minor blemish
JYL 972D was first registered on 25th February 1966 and is finished in Indigo Blue with Grey leather upholstery. The car is a genuine 3.8S with automatic transmission and still rides on steel wheels as original. The Jaguar has a recorded mileage of 66,300 and from previous MOT certificates we know the car has covered 13,300 miles in ten years since a substantial restoration. The car was subject of a major restoration from 2003-2005 and various upgrades were made to make this S'Type ideal for regular use. A comprehensive file accompanies the car with thousands of pounds worth of invoices and some restoration photographs. There is paperwork detailing the majority of work that included removing the engine, stripping it down and rebuilding. The crankshaft was re-ground, bearings replaced, a 420 oil pump fitted and the cylinder head rebuilt and converted to unleaded. The water pump was replaced, drive belts replaced, carburettors rebuilt, XJ6 rack and pinion power assisted steering fitted and an uprated alternator fitted. Electronic ignition was fitted, two solid state fuel pumps fitted, the fuel tanks replaced, the wiring loom replaced and the propshaft was treated to new universal joi
This is a true collector’s piece, not only is it the finest restored Triumph Stag we have ever offered onto the market, it is a very significant car in the history of the Triumph Stag. RVC 433H is a pre-production car, officially Pre-Production car No.9 and the twelfth ever made and said to be the Belgian press launch car. Twenty pre-production cars were built, mostly for press and publicity purposes and these special cars were given commission numbers from LD1 to LD20. From just initial look at this car, the first clue would be the 1970 H registration and the letters RVC signify a Coventry registration number. This wonderful car has been subject of a recent photo documented complete nut and bolt restoration that was completed between 2014-2016 and the car is featured in a recent edition of ‘Triumph World' magazine. This matching numbers car was apparently removed from the road and placed in dry storage during 1989 and the most recent owner acquired the car in 2011. Absoloute care and diligence was put into the rebuild in order to ensure all the pre-production detail was retained during the two year restoration. Over the two years the engine was refurbished by Tynwald Triumph, plus
This stunning Bentley Mulsanne S was delivered new on the 16th January 1988 and sold new by Mann Egerton & Co Ltd on King Street in Norwich. The car left the factory in Dark Oyster with Dark Brown Hide. The car has today covered 92000 miles from new and comes with an excellent service record to include all original handbooks and service books, maintenance receipts, spare keys and private registration mark. The Bentley has driven over 200 faultless miles to North Yorkshire and is a beautifully presented example. Supplying dealer Mann Egerton carried out the first five services at 2982, 8423, 14825, 19368 and 28710 miles in December 1991. A company called Rossiters of Wootton Ltd in Kings Lynn serviced the Bentley at 38006 and 42533 miles before Mann Egerton took back over maintenance at 49366 and 53987 in 1997. Since then, specialist servicing has been carried out at 65380, 78534, 84391, 91485 and 92088 in March 2017. Many invoices accompany the service book and over the past 5000 miles work includes a new brake pump, brake accumulator valve body, brake accumulator valve, steering pump, re-conditioned trailing arms and new handbrake and both front/rear brake pads. Our Mulsanne S is
This beautiful Rolls Royce Convertible has covered just 76,000 miles from new and comes with a file of invoices totaling towards £50,000 of service and maintenance work, mainly carried out by Rolls Royce Bentley dealership Broughtons of Cheltenham. This stunning example, chassis number DRH9757 was supplied new in Masons Black with Black hide with Grey carpets and Grey hood headlining. The car was sold new by Jack Barclay Ltd and ordered new with fog lamps, plain Sundym Glass, flasher/repeater lamps fitted at Crewe and a Philips Cassette Tape player to be fitted to the centre console by HJM MPW. The Rolls Royce was ordered new by Peter Rogers at Feature Film Facilities, Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire. Peter Rogers became a British institution, the highly successful producer of more than 30 Carry on Films and it was reported by ‘The Telegraph’ that he left a legacy that is unrivalled and his contribution to British cinema is long and illustrious. The BBC quote his life’s work was rewarded at the British Comedy Awards in 1990 and by the London Critic’s Circle six years later. He was married to another British film producer, Betty Box. The Rolls Royce spent its early life with the
This stunning low mileage Jaguar XJS V12 Convertible was delivered new on the 4th August 1992 and supplied new by Doves Jaguar in Surrey. On the 26th August Doves Jaguar carried out the first service and over its first sixteen months the Jaguar covered almost 11000 miles. In December 1993 H.R Owen in Colchester serviced the XJS (10921) and they looked after the car for the next five years with services at 14000, 20162, 25500, 29963, 35183 and 42702. In February 1999 H.R Owen in Ipswich serviced the car at 47157 and since then the car has been maintained by specialists at 55871, 57846, 60245, 65850 and 66000. K66 MEW comes to us with little over 66000 miles covered from new. The car is beautifully presented with an exceptional paint finish, beautiful Magnolia leather upholstery and excellent Black power hood. Wheel arches are superb, bumpers are very smart and alloy wheels are in lovely condition. The car is incredibly sharp and has clearly been a garaged, well-kept car. The interior clearly tells the story, clearly showing this XJS has not had a hard life. It presents as though proud owners have cherished the car, and used it as a summer weekend car. The engine bay gleams with a lo
This superbly presented Jaguar XJS has covered 77000 miles from new and has arrived with us in exceptional condition. The car had been owned by one of our regular customers in Scotland for six years and 6000 faultless miles were covered over this time. The XJS had been garaged, not used over winter months and kept with a beautiful collection of classic cars. Last year the XJS came to us in part exchange for a Jaguar E-Type and we sold the car to one of our long term customer on the Isle of Man. Since last year the XJS has covered a further 1000 miles. This XJS was supplied new by Henlys (London) Ltd and the car comes with all its original handbooks, leather wallet and even the original Jaguar Daimler Total Care paperwork still inside its Coventry post stamped Jaguar envelope. The Jaguar comes with an excellent service record containing fifteen service stamps. The supplying dealer Henlys carried out the first two services, a Kent based main dealership carried out the third and then Stratstone Jaguar in London carried out the next four before Grange Jaguar in Essex took over servicing for two intervals. The remaining service records are with Jaguar specialists and the most recent bei
GWY 220J was first registered on the 1st January 1971 and is finished in British Racing Green with Black upholstery and original Rostyle wheels. From correspondence in the history file we know the MG has been in the North of England since 1977. From 1977 to 1992 the MG was in Thirsk, North Yorkshire before being sold to a new owner in Leeds. During the late 1990's the MG was in Newcastle, later Sunderland, Cheshire and most recently one of our Yorkshire based regular customers. We know the MG was off the road for several years from 2005 but in 2010 when changing hands, the MG was treated to some mechanical re-commissioning work. We have receipts detailing various work to include fitting a lead free cylinder head, new water pump, new heater hoses and new ignition items. In 2012 the brakes were overhauled with new wheel cylinders and brake shoes and there are also invoices in 2013 for a new clutch, starter ring gear, spigot bushes, clevis pins, bolt and bush release arms and a new pedal box. Since the above work the MG has been covering relatively low mileage and has been continually improved. Having had the various mechanical re-commissioning work, in 2015 the MG was treated to a pr
We are delighted to offer this exceptionally rare Humber Pullman Laundaulette onto the market. There are only a handful of this type still in existence. The car was despatched from the factory on the 19th October 1931 to Rossleigh, Edinburgh. Documentation in the history from a Humber motoring Historian states the car is actually a 1932 model and is believed to have left the factory in its current colours of Royal Blue over Black. The Humber spent most of its life in Scotland, spending 50 years with the same family. The Humber also comes with its original Hackney Carriage 8 seats plaque as it was used to transport holiday guests from Granton Station to Aviemore Resort in Scotland. Having spent its entire life in Scotland, the most recent owner in Enfield bought the Humber in 1999 and has covered 6500 miles in the car over the past 18 years and the Humber arrives with us in impressive mechanical order, beautifully presented body and a totally original, unrestored interior. Whilst the Humber retains a great deal of originality, it was subject of some restoration work in 1992. Over £10,000 was spent on removing all exterior fittings and interior trim and seats, stripping the complete
690 KVA was manufactured on the 28th April 1960 and is a genuine UK, matching numbers car. The car was distributed from Ritchies, Glasgow on the 13th May 1960 and spent most of its life in Scotland. In 2012 we collected the Jaguar north of the border and sold the XK to one of our long term customers of twenty five years, a South Yorkshire based Dentist. During the early 1990's 690 KVA was subject of a major rebuild by one of Scotland's top restoration firms. The car was fully rebuilt mechanically, fitted with Vicarage Power Steering and the body restored then painted in Jaguar Cotswold Blue and the interior trimmed in Grey leather. Classic Restoration then winter stored the XK for almost twenty years. The XK only had summer use and just 4500 miles were covered to 2012. Since being with its most recent owner the car has covered another 1000 miles and has been subject of around £4,000 of further work to enhance the car. Vicarage Ltd supplied parts to service the power steering with a new alternator belt and power steering pump belt, Guy Broad supplied upgraded rear brakes, electronic ignition, a negative earth Facet fuel pump and poly wishbone bush set. Jaguar specialists M&C Wilkins
GSK 817 was built on the 7th-8th April 1959 and left the factory in Colarado Red with Red upholstery. The Healey was sold new in New York, USA with wire wheels, overdrive, adjustable steering column, heater, laminated windscreen and miles per hour speedometer. The car is today still with its original engine and gearbox, and during the early 1990's was fitted with a racing overdrive unit. In 1991 the Healey was brought over to the UK, subject of a right hand drive steering conversion and restoration work and was registered too and owned by one of our existing customers for almost 20 years.
We are delighted to offer this ultra-low mileage cult classic Fiat 500 onto the market. Over recent years, the Fiat 500 has grown into a true icon and top class examples are becoming increasingly hard to find. This exceptional car has only covered an astonishing 4200 kilometres from new, just 2600 miles and is one of the last produced with a very unique history. The car was first registered on the 4th June 1974 in Bologna, Central Italy. The car was bought as a gift from husband to elderly wife and during the first three months of ownership the Fiat did not leave the garage. The couple's niece visited from Turin and saw the car for the first time, she fell in love with the little car and it was given to her as a gift. The niece drove the car home to Turin in Northern Italy and the Fiat had covered its first 340 kilometres. From 1974 to 1983 the Fiat covered just 3500 kilometres and was used to take her son to school, just half a mile from the family home. On summer days they would walk, other days take the Fiat. Unfortunately the owner became unwell in 1983 and health issues prevented her from driving. She did not want to sell the Fiat and persuaded her husband to keep the car taxe
This stunning original RHD UK supplied Austin Healey ‘Frogeye' Sprite MKI was first registered on the 10th July 1959 and has had just four owners from new. The Frogeye spent many years off the road and in 2015 was subject of a total nut and bolt restoration. Since completion the car has covered just 775 miles, 150 of these on the rolling road and it was driven to us from the Wakefield area without hesitation. WXX 707 has had an absolute fortune spent on rebuild; £20,000 has been spent alone on parts before labour. Invoices and photographs are available to support this. £9,000 alone was spent having a brand new Wheeler and Davis Stage 3 bodyshell which includes a new steel bonnet, doors and rear wings. The engine was rebuilt by a race engine builder, John Toovey of Toovey Racing. The gearbox was stripped down and rebuilt by a South Yorkshire specialist and the car built up with a brand new interior, brand new weather equipment, new wiring and electrics. The Frogeye was painted in the ever popular Iris Blue and Dark Blue upholstery has been used offering a lovely combination. The Sprite MKI has a perfect, as new underside that has been professionally clear waxoyled at Rustbusters and
This beautifully presented Jaguar was first registered on the 17th April 1937 and according to the original brown ‘buff’ logbook was first registered to motor dealership Martin & Chillingworth Ltd in Hampshire. They supplied the Jaguar on the 29th April 1937 to a Mr Addis of Newbury and remarkably the car stayed in the same Berkshire town for 45 years. The original Martin and Chillingworth dealer plaque is still on the dashboard. In 1982 the Jaguar was sold and finally left Newbury, spending from 1982 to 2014 with one owner in Lincolnshire. The most recent owner purchased the Jaguar in 2014 and has carried out a comprehensive programme of work. AMO 77 has arrived with us in beautiful condition and retains a great deal of originality. We are pleased to confirm the car still retains its original 1937 registration mark, original factory supplied engine, tool kit, original Black leather upholstery, and is still in its factory exterior colour of Black. In 1990/1991, whilst still in Lincolnshire the Jaguar was treated to a sympathetic restoration We have photographic evidence of the engine completely stripped down with crankshaft removed. The engine rebuilt and re-fitted to the car with
This delightful early Morris Bullnose Cowley is a car we know very well having sold it in 2010 and again in 2015. In 2010 an elderly customer of ours in York bought the Bullnose and as part of the preparation work we overhauled the switchbox, re-conditioned the steering box and both the magneto and dynamo were rebuilt and re-wired. Over the five years the Bullnose was not really used. It was continuously cleaned, was regularly fired up and kept on blocks in the owner’s workshop. In 2015, we sold the car to another long term customer, this time in Lincolnshire. We stripped and cleaned the carb, cleaned the fuel lines, replaced the fuel tap and carried out a service. Once the Morris began to get use, a differential issue came to light and we removed the rear axle and diff and at a cost of over £1000 has it overhauled. Since then the Bullnose has been used on the show and rally circuit and has performed faultlessly in almost two years of ownership. It is now a superb driving, reliable and wonderfully usable Bullnose. EL 6583 was first registered on 29 th November 1922 and is known as the Model MC2, 2-Seat Tourer. It also has the useful rear dickey seat that can carry two passengers or
WFO 875 has had over £35,000 spent since 2001, has covered over 40,000 miles in the last 16 years and has regularly toured in the South of England, Belgium and France. This could be the ultimate touring MG TD that has a proven long distance driving track record. Several photos with the car show it at the 2005 Regency Run (Surrey/Sussex MG run), 2009 Windsor run, in Normandy in 2007, at Han sur Lesse, Belgium in 2008 and at the 2011 tour of Newhaven. The MG spent from 2001 to 2016 with one meticulous owner in the Maidstone area of Kent and was driven faultlessly to Yorkshire. The MG has been with one our regular local customers just 3 miles away and has come to us in part exchange.
SPK 480M was first registered on the 1st August 1973 and is finished in Sea Green with Tan leather upholstery with automatic transmission. This is the first Volvo P1800 Estate we have had in over fifteen years and they are becoming increasingly rare in RHD format. Little over 8000 P1800 Estates were produced and roughly a quarter of these were made for the UK market. According to club sources, around 1000 original UK cars have survived making this such a rare find. This particular example had just one owner from 1987 to 2016 and still retains its original registration mark. The car comes with a significant amount of history with photographs of restoration work and over £12,000 worth of receipts. In recent years the Volvo has been treated to a full re-paint and back in 2003 had a major body restoration carried out by Classic Restorations Ltd in Alyth. This included fitting brand new front wings and the cutting out of corrosion and fabricating in new metal work. The car was clearly very original at this stage and required a major body rebuild. More recently in 2015 the P1800 has been treated to new front and rear brake calipers, new brake hoses, handbrake cable, handbrake shoes, new
This UK supplied BN1 Healey was first registered on the 22nd September 1954 and we know from early paperwork with the car that it spent the 60's, 70's and 80's in Norfolk. The car was taken off the road at some point during the 1970's and in 1986 was subject of an exceptional major restoration by Cox & Perry, Norwich, carried out to a superb standard. For the past twenty eight years the Healey has been with just one owned who has extensively toured in the car. OSU 377 has also attended a Healey Register event in Luxembourg, clearly demonstrating how usable and reliable the car has proven to be since rebuild. Over 30 years since restoration and the Healey has arrived with us in strong mechanical order, driving superbly and with the most gorgeous, aged red leather interior. After so many years the paintwork was in need of a re fresh and has been subject of a bare rolling shell re-paint. The Healey underside was also prepared and re-painted with body colour floors and as a result of the £10,000 programme of work, looks incredible with stunning straight panels and a glass paint finish of the highest standards. The boot area is clean and well presented, the engine bay still of a lovely
This superb value, very smartly presented MGB Roadster was first registered on the 1st February 1971. We recently sold the MG to a local business owner who has enjoyed the car for a short period of time before seeing a Rolls Royce come into stock with us. Plans of summer touring in an MGB soon changed and a part exchange deal was agreed, the third purchase from us within the past year or so. Prior to this, the MG was owned by another regular customer of ours, also in Pickering. From 2009, the MG spent seven years with a classic car collector with a wide selection of cars from various era's. The MGB has been driven over to us, it is excellent on the road and presents very well with clean upholstery, a very good hood and an immaculate, detailed engine bay. The MG also boasts overdrive, a wood dash cover and desirable wire wheels.
We are delighted to offer this outstanding, low mileage Fiat X19 Bertone onto the market. This must be one of the lowest mileage examples on the road today having covered just 15,500 miles from new. The car is truly exceptional, particularly the first class rust free bodywork. VMX 637Y comes with a superbly documented history including the original bill of sale, service book, original manual and clearly from its mileage and condition, has led a very well cared for cosseted life. The Fiat was first registered on the 2nd August 1982, supplied new by Brutons of Beckenham and the original supplied number plates and rear window dealer sticker are still on the car. Brutons of Beckenham serviced the car at 7269 miles and two years later a service receipt from a garage in Essex records the mileage at 9970. MOT certificates record mileages at 11724 and 12131 in 1990/1991 and the Fiat was then laid up, dry stored for eleven years. The car was then MOT tested again in 2002 at 12134 covering three miles to the MOT station. In 2006 the Fiat was then sold to a well-known (in Fiat X19 circles) marque expert and has owed several of the best X19's available. The new owner then re-commissioned the c
This is a true collectors piece; low mileage, original specification, history from new and stunning condition throughout. This totally correct car has covered 71,000 miles from new, comes with an exceptional history from new to include the original service book, handbooks, original dealer window sticker, Mann Egerton order form from 1982 and within the past 2000 miles has had £27,000 worth of expenditure, around £2000 in 2012 and £25,000 between 2015 and 2017. This highly desirable Pre HE XJS V12 was manufactured on the 4th May 1979, supplied new in Cotswold Yellow with Black trim and automatic transmission and was sold new by Mann Egerton, Nottingham. Today the car is in totally original specification and drives and presents superbly throughout. The Jaguar was first serviced by the supplying dealer Mann Egerton on the 10 th September 1979 at 1575 miles and again later that year in December at 5121 miles. In March 1980 a Derbyshire based Company, Davian Service Station, Longden & Gascoigne serviced at 8700 miles and it was back with Mann Egerton in Nottingham later in 1980 at 11840 miles. The next three services were carried out at Longden & Gascoigne and the supplying dealer servi
991 FML is a genuine UK Home market car that was built on the 1st July 1955, first registered in Middlesex. From the continuation brown 'buff' logbook with the car we know it spent the early 1960's in Essex and Hertfordshire before moving to South Wales where it spent from 1964 to 1992. In 1992 the TR sold to a long term owner in Staffordshire who in over almost 25 years covered 12000 miles and has had no problem in some long distance overseas touring.
We are delighted to offer this beautifully presented Austin Heavy 12 Burnham Saloon onto the market. VX 3960 appears to be very correct and still retains a large amount of originality including its registration mark. The car has spent the past three/four years with one owner in the York, Selby area and over this time has proven completely reliable, usable and comes to us on the button and driving superbly. When initially purchased by the recent owner, the Austin was treated to a new water pump impeller, a new oil pressure gauge, new wiper motor and wiper arms. From the history file with the Austin, we know back in 2011 some major mechanical work was carried out. This included dismantling the engine and rebuilding it as necessary. New parts included gaskets, head studs, valve guides, valves, timing gears, timing chains, manifold studs and nuts and new sump bolts. Further work included fitting a new clutch, stripping and cleaning the Autovac and setting the brakes. VX 3960 drives very well with good steering, efficient brakes and the engine runs and performs beautifully. The four speed gearbox is a delight to use, the 12/4 cruises nicely and feels strong, robust and reliable. The Aus
This stunning, 25,000 miles from new VW Beetle left the factory on the 21st October 1976 in L52K Barrier Blue with Pale Sand hood. The VW is a genuine 1303 Convertible, 1.6 litre built in Osnabrueck, Germany for the US market. The car comes with a fabulous history to include its original service book confirming its Delivery Inspection at VW Motors Corp in Georgia at 106 miles. Further services were carried out at 2434 and 7539 miles. The VW left Atlanta, Georgia (original US logbook with the car) in 1980 and was shipped to the UK. We have an MOT certificate from 1983 and invoices from 1982 to 1983 for maintenance in Wales before it was left untouched in the long terms owners garage for almost thirty years. In 2013 the VW was subject of a major restoration that was carried out to an excellent standard. All the panels are still original and no welding work was required and on completion the VW took first prize at a major VW show in South Wales. The car was restored to its original specification, still in its original colour of Barrier Blue with its original grid Scar Parchment interior. The condition is truly exceptional with stunning paintwork and bodywork, a wonderful upholstery, b
This is a very significant matching numbers E-Type being the second from last Series II FHC ever made. The car was manufactured on the 22nd October 1970 and was supplier new in Regency Red with manual transmission. XRW 51J was supplied new by Peter Lindner (of Lindner/Nocker Lightweight E-Type racing fame), Frankfurt, Germany to a British Army officer, Captain G.D Petrie, B.F.P.O, Soest, Germany. This E- Type spent it's early years in Germany, before being shipped to Canada in 1987. After two years the E-Type was shipped to Liverpool and between 1997 and 2003 was subject of a major restoration that was carried out to an exceptionally high standard. Since the major rebuild the car has only covered 3500 miles and presents beautifully. From the photos we can see the bodyshell was totally stripped bare down to the tub and the shell rebuilt as required with all running gear removed. Photos highlight various brand new panels being fitted to the body and mechanical work to include the differential being overhauled and the engine partially stripped down. Many new parts were fitted to the car to include new stainless steel exhaust pipes and manifolds, new polished rocker covers, electronic
The Birmingham Small Arms Company (BSA) manufactured all manner of items from bicycles to buses and firearms to machine tools; not to mention motorcycles and motorcars. In 1929 BSA merged with Daimler and turned its attention to front-wheel drive three-wheelers. Though commonplace now, powering the front wheels was relatively novel at the time, and BSA combined the configuration with such niceties as a reverse gear, electric start and full weather protection. Having foreseen the growing demand for small, lightweight cars, BSA added a run of fun, affordable four-wheelers. A direct development was the BSA 10 of 1933 which was based on the Lanchester 10 chassis and running gear with a 4-door 4-seater body by Pressed Steel. It could also be ordered with a coachbuilt body by the likes of Mulliner or Peerless. It was powered by a water-cooled 1,185cc straight-four, sidevalve engine that drove through a fluid flywheel to a Wilson four-speed pre-selector gearbox, giving a top speed of 58mph on level ground. The standard 10hp saloon cost £235 at launch with coachbuilt models costing about £20 more. AGY 57 was first registered on the 15 th June 1933 and although over 80 years old still retai
This beautifully presented Mercedes Benz 300SE was supplied new by Alan Day Limited, London and has comes to us with the most exceptional service history. The Mercedes has driven to us faultlessly from Gloucestershire and has covered 109k miles from new but presenting as a car with half the mileage at most. The car was first registered on the 14th May 1990 and was sold new to a Baker Street, London based Export and Import Company who were founded in 1959. The Mercedes changed hands in 1998 but it was brief ownership, before selling to a Scottish based marine engineering services company, McCall Bros Propellers Ltd. In 2000 the Mercedes was back in the South of England, with one owner until early 2017. This Mercedes Benz 300SE comes with MOT certificates dating back to 1996 and a file of invoices and paperwork. The original handbooks are with the car including service book. Alan Day Limited supplied the car and carried out the first four services at 2342, 8685, 15496 and 18364 miles. The next eight services were all carried out by Mercedes Benz main agents at 24671, 29099, 35997, 42977, 48033, 53914, 60000 and 66281 miles. The following fourteen service stamps complete the history u
This largely original, low mileage manual Triumph Stag offers an excellent opportunity. Firstly the car is the highly desirable MKI model, with preferred manual transmission and overdrive, and has covered just 80,000 miles from new and is still in original specification. Further to this, the car comes with a wonderful history to include original bill of sale, Triumph Motor Company Limited correspondence, MOT's back to 1980 when the car was eight years old and invoices for various work carried out over the years. BLJ 658K was purchased new by a Hotel owner in Bournemouth who actually ordered the car from Muscat's Garage Ltd, Rue d'Argens, Msida, Malta. The car was ordered in White with Black upholstery and the total price new including anti-freeze, four gallons of fuel, number plates and delivery was £1922. We have a letter dated the 8 th March 1972 from Triumph Motor Company Ltd, Export Sales Division, stating the owner could bring the car to the UK and was entitled to keep the car on a tax free basis for a maximum of twelve months and that the car will be registered for a period of twelve months on a free charge basis. The first owner kept the Stag for 20 years and covered light a