In 1933, Chrysler Corporation was still a relative newcomer in the American car market, but thanks to Walter Percy Chrysler’s incredible business acumen, he had grown his fledgling operation into one of the most successful automobile manufacturers in the country, despite being founded less than a decade prior. By 1929, Chrysler Corp consisted of Plymouth, DeSoto, and Dodge to satisfy the low and mid-range market, while Walter’s namesake Chrysler brand was used for the high end models, surpassed only by the Imperial which was reserved for only the finest cars Chrysler had to offer. Imperial’s main rivals, chiefly Lincoln, Packard and Cadillac, had all developed V-12 or even V-16 engines for their flagship models, but Chrysler instead chose to remain loyal to his big displacement L-head inline eight, which was a proven, reliable and powerful engine, even if it lacked some of the exoticism of the twelves and sixteens. First introduced in the CG Imperial of 1931, the big straight eight was a gutsy and spirited engine, giving the Imperial superlative straight line performance, even in the face of its multi-cylinder competition. With its low and wide stance, handling was also impressive, and today the CG, CL and CH Imperials are known as some of the best driver’s cars of the era. Following the CG Imperial, the line was split into two models, the CH and CL. Both came equipped with the same straight eight engine as before, but the CH rode on a 135-inch wheelbase chassis while the CL was a full 10 inches longer at 145”. The styling was freshened and refined, yet it still retained the model’s signature long, low-slung appearance, which borrowed heavily from Cord’s L-29; a car that Walter Chrysler very much admired. The beautiful, heavily canted waterfall grille and sweeping fenders make it one of the most stunning American motorcars of the Classic Era, particularly in long-wheelbase CL specification. While most CL Imperials wore semi-custom coachwork by Le Baron, a handful of cars were delivered without bodies and graced with the work of the world’s finest coachbuilders. Our featured example is a long-wheelbase 1933 CL Imperial, serial number 7803694, and is of those scant few chassis that was delivered sans-coachwork. Copies of original build records show that this car was exported directly from Chrysler destined for Paris, France. The build sheet further specifies it left Chrysler without a body. Upon its arrival in Paris, it was fitted with this stunning, one-off custom coachwork by de Villars. Carrosserie de Villars was founded in 1925 in Courbevoie, a town just a few miles outside the center of Paris. Interestingly, the founder was an American named Frank Jay Gould. Mr. Gould was the son of a wealthy railroad tycoon, and he opened the Carrosserie as a workshop to service the motorcars of his family and wealthy friends. The de Villars name comes from the company’s first manager and Gould’s son-in-law, Roland de Graffenried de Villars. We can only assume that “de Villars” sounded a bit more exotic than “Gould” and the name stuck. Most of de Villars creations were one-offs, built with typical French quality and panache, with a hint of American influence. Given Frank Gould’s social standing, the cars that were brought to his workshop were the best of the best. De Villars bodies have graced chassis by Bugatti, Mercedes-Benz, Minerva, Delage and Delahaye, among others, and remain among the most sought-after and important coachbuilt bodies of the pre-war era. This beautiful Chrysler is believed to be the only Imperial bodied by de Villars. While the car’s earliest history in France is still being researched, we do know from records supplied by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles that this car, number 7803694, was dispatched on July 10th 1933. The build record is stamped “CHASSIS EXPORT”, with the destination noted as Paris, France. While the historical trail goes cold at that point, it picks up again in 1968 when the car was purchased by a Polish national who lived in France, named Pierre (Piotr) Sanguszko, who kept the car until his passing in the late 1980s. From there, the Imperial found its way to the well-known collection of Mr. Rene Cocheteux, also of France, who used the car regularly, participating in various events and tours in Europe. Today, this magnificent automobile remains in sound and complete condition, suitable for freshening or a full restoration. At some point in its life, the rear fenders were modified and the original Hermès trunk was replaced, though the majority of the body remains intact and in quite good condition. Judged on its own, the one-off de Villars coachwork is simply beautiful; a fine pairing with the long wheelbase, low-slung CL Imperial chassis. It is uniquely sporty yet elegant, with its low ride height and the CL’s signature ultra-long hood stretching nearly to the base of the windscreen. Riding on wire wheels (with dual sidemount spares) and black wall tires, the Chrysler takes on an almost sinister look. The Victoria-style roof treatment allows for three positions; fully closed, half open or fully open. With the roof erect or folded, it is a supremely handsome automobile; an exquisite example of 30’s French high-style. The original, factory fitted engine (number CL 1399) matches that indicated on the build records. It runs quite well, the straight-eight sounding smooth and healthy. It appears that this car has never had a full restoration, rather having work done through the years only as needed. As such, many of the components appear original and the Imperial has since taken on a warm patina with the honest appeal of a well-loved motorcar. While it could be used and enjoyed as-is with minimal effort, this unique CL Imperial is an important, highly desirable collector car that deserves a comprehensive, concours-level restoration to return it to its original glory, and we are confident it would be a contender at virtually any major concours event in the world. The one-off pairing of de Villars and Imperial created one of the most breathtaking designs to ever grace a Chrysler chassis; a pairing of excellence in French design and American engineering.
>>>>> Oldtimerfarm specializes in consignment sales of vintage and collection cars and we are proud to present you this car. Oldtimerfarm is located in Belgium, 9880 Aalter, Steenweg op Deinze 51C, where this car is in our showroom. We are open from Tuesday to Saturday 10-17h (also without appointment). We are closed on Sundays and Mondays. Mondays on appointment only. Make sure you scroll down to look at the extensive photo report (100 pictures). Of course, a more detailed description can be obtained by telephone. Contact us: Xavier: 0032 472 40 1338 (NL, FR, DE, EN, IT) email@example.com Olivier: 0032 473 11 7300 (NL, FR, DE, EN) firstname.lastname@example.org Oldtimerfarm from Aalter would also like to sell your classic car or car collection. For more information, please contact Xavier. Exhibitions where you can find us: Pictures of the car:
The car on offer is a 1929 Model 65. The car was retrieved in 2004 from a barn where it had sat for 52 years!! It only had 23,958 original miles and was solid and completely original and unmolested. The car underwent a complete, fully documented and photographed nut and bolt restoration. The car is certainly the finest 65 on the market, and runs and drives as well as it looks. The mohair interior is in show condition as is the engine compartment, underside and exterior. All of the trim has been restored. All parts are correct. Everything on the car is new or restored including exhaust, brakes, suspension and chrome. The two toned Marquette Blue/black paint is excellent as is the fully restored interior. All interior trim is correct. The car comes with a photo album of more than 200 pictures showing the restoration journey from the barn to the show field. Additionally there is a full dossier of receipts. No expense was spared on the restoration. This car will be competitive at the highest levels of the show car world. This is the documented story of this wonderful car; My interest with classic cars started in 1957 at the age of eight with my grandparents 1947 Dodge. I remember
The first Chrysler motor car, introduced in 1924 was to prove highly successful and met with wide acclaim. With features normally found only in far more expensive cars, such as hydraulic brakes and full-pressure lubrication, the Model 70 was capable of over 70 mph.A number of revisions were carried out in 1926, with the engine being enlarged to 3.6 litres. A 1927 example of the '70' Tourer (Phaeton) this car was exported in chassis form to Australia, being bodied there with coachwork to Chrysler design.The car was to remain in Australia until around 1973, when it was imported to the UK and acquired by a Mr. Lorch, who was to keep it until he passed away some some five years ago. During his ownership the car underwent a major restoration at the Beaulieu National Motor Museum workshops in the late 1970's and was subsequently used on a number of Continental rallies and more recently in VSCC events.Now having a charming patina, the Chrysler remains in good condition and is a pleasure to drive, with its smooth running, powerful engine.A large file of paperwork is supplied, including a copy of the original Instruction Book.A period Surrey registration number was obtained when the car cam
The Chrysler Town & Country was manufactured from 1940-1942 and from 1945-1988 it was also sold as a sedan, coupé and convertible frtom 1947 until 1950 and from 1983 until 1986. The Town and Country nameplate was off the market until the 1990 model year run when Chrysler re-introduced the Town & Country nameplate as a rebadged variant Chrysler Town and Country minivan. Chrysler's Town & Country wagon was distinguished by woodgrain paneling on the body sides and tailgate, a feature also associated with competitive wagons such as the AMC Ambassador, Buick Estate, Ford country Squire and others. A simulated woodgrain appearance reappeared on other Chrysler products, such as the Jeep Grand Cherokee and the Chrysler PT Cruiser. Specifications >>>>> Oldtimerfarm specializes in consignment sales of vintage and collection cars and we are proud to present you this car. Oldtimerfarm is located in Belgium, 9880 Aalter, Steenweg op Deinze 51C, where this car is in our showroom. We are open from Tuesday to Saturday 10-17h (also without appointment). We are closed on Sundays and Mondays. Mondays on appointment only. Make sure you scroll down to look at the extensive photo report (100 pictures).
Lowered price from €39.950 -> €33.950 The Chrysler Windsor was built from 1939 through to the 1960s (8 series plus 1 Canadian from 61 till 66)). The Windsor was positioned above the entry-level Royal from 1939 to 1950. With the demise of the Royal for the 1951 model year the Windsor became Chrysler's price leader through to 1960. For the 1961 model year the Chrysler Newport was made the marque's price leader with the Windsor positioned one level above the Newport. Chrysler replaced the Windsor name in 1962 with the introduction of the non-lettered series Chrysler 300. In 1955, all Chrysler cars were completely restyled with styling by Virgil Exner, sharing some visual similarities with the all-new Imperial which became its own division. With the introduction of the Imperial brand, the Windsor became the top model of the Chrysler Division as an alternative to Buick and Mercury. The Windsors were more rounded and had wrap around windshields. Specifications Bodywork Mechanics . >>>>> Oldtimerfarm specializes in consignment sales of vintage and collection cars and we are proud to present you this car. Oldtimerfarm is located in Belgium, 9880 Aalter, Steenweg op Deinze 51C, where this c
Lowered price from €35.000 -> €24.950 77Hp >>>>> Oldtimerfarm specializes in consignment sales of vintage and collection cars and we are proud to present you this car. Oldtimerfarm is located in Belgium, 9880 Aalter, Steenweg op Deinze 51C, where this car is in our showroom. We are open from Tuesday to Saturday 10-17h (also without appointment). We are closed on Sundays and Mondays. Mondays on appointment only. Make sure you scroll down to look at the extensive photo report (100 pictures). Of course, a more detailed description can be obtained by telephone. Contact us: Xavier: 0032 472 40 1338 (NL, FR, DE, EN, IT) email@example.com Olivier: 0032 473 11 7300 (NL, FR, DE, EN) firstname.lastname@example.org Oldtimerfarm from Aalter would also like to sell your classic car or car collection. For more information, please contact Xavier. Exhibitions where you can find us: Pictures of the car:
Interested in this vehicle? Please email us at email@example.com or contact us directly by telephone on 01363 83909 £ NOW SOLD If you are interested in any of the vehicles on the website, please get in contact with Auto Invest either by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting us directly by telephone on 01363 83909.
This large, rare and impressive RHD Chrysler Saloon and has spent the past few years in the impressive classic car collection at the Riga Motor Museum in Latvia. The museum closed in 2013 for re-construction and opens again in 2015 with additional vehicles. The Chrysler has come out of the museum to make way for a replacement vehicle that was purchased from us. Recently, prior to coming over to the UK from Latvia, it was subject of a basic re-commissioning programme and then covered 300 faultless miles. Prior to its time in Latvia, the Chrysler was owned by a Professor in the Netherlands who carried out some improvements to include an interior re-trim and re-paint fifteen years ago. The Chrysler will be UK registered shortly and we are therefore putting it through a UK MOT test. Once this has been done, we will acquire a UK registration mark and the car will be road legal. The Chrysler has come to us as a good, reliable starter and the car runs and drives superbly with a strong straight six engine holding very good oil pressure. Column gear changes are smooth and whilst the brakes need cleaning, the car pulls up very responsively. Steering feels very precise and the car handles ver
(SOLD) This beautifully restored 1961 300 G features its unmistakable tailfins. It was the epitome of luxury and style merged with exceptional performance. The 300 G was well ahead of its time. One of approximately 200 equipped with factory A/C and approximately 50 of these vehicles are known to still exist today, making it one of the most desirable vehicles of the 1960’s among the car collector community. It features a 375 hp, 413 cu. in. V8 engine, TorqueFlite three-speed automatic push-button transmission, independent front suspension with parallel torsion bars, live rear axle with semi-elliptic leaf springs, four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes, unique cross-ram intake system with two four-barrel carburetors, period correct Kelsey Hayes wire wheels, wide whitewall tires, power push button AM radio, power windows, power top with top boot, power brakes, and power steering. This vehicle comes with a spare tire, jack and owner’s manual. It runs and drives great with a lot of power and is very stylish. It is well head of its time with its contemporary art deco design with comprehensive styling of its instruments and many features. It has large bucket seats and a spacious interior that p