Cadillac became the first automobile manufacturer to mass-produce a V-8 engine with the L-head Type 51 of 1914, and ten years later this same basic engine design lived on in the V-63. Development of the engine continued as chassis and coachwork design evolved, and by the time of the V-63 it featured a highly advanced two-plane crankshaft. Displacing 314.5 cubic inches, the side valve V-8 made 83 brake horsepower and was coupled to a 3-speed manual transmission.
Just four chassis in 1924 were built with a 138-inch wheelbase, and these were custom-built cars constructed to a higher standard and given more attention to detail than the standard production cars.
This 1924 Cadillac Type V-63 7-Passenger Touring Car, chassis 631026, is one of those four cars. It was bought new with a custom Fisher-built body at Greenwich Cadillac in Greenwich, Connecticut by a Ms. Charlotte Cruikshank of Stamford, who kept and maintained the car for the rest of her life. Its next long term owner acquired the car in 1979 from the late Ms. Cruikshank’s estate, and decided to continue to prudently maintain what he recognized as a remarkably preserved and exceedingly rare automobile. Even today, it shows less
left-hand-drive 1924 cadillac type v 63 touring black black-leather manual leather black-interior dark-interior
2310 Chaffee Drive
Saint Louis, MO 63146, Missouri
Aug 10, 2015