Variant name:Saloon ,Derivative:Sport Luxury ,Variant: Luxury ++1 FORMER KEEPER++SAT NAV++BLUETOOTH++FULL LEATHER HEATED SEATS++ELECTRIC MEMORY SEATS++REAR PARKING SENSORS++BOSE STEREO SYSTEM++VOICE RECOGNITION++DVD CD RADIO++PUDDLE LIGHTS++CRUISE CONTROL++17 INCH ALLOYS++INTRUSION SENSOR++ELECTRIC LUMBAR SUPPORT++DUAL CLIMATE CONTROL++DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS++FULL ELECTRIC WINDOWS++ELECTRIC FOLDING MIRRORS++AUTO DIM REAR VIEW MIRROR++DUAL AIRBAGS++MULTI FUNCTION STEERING WHEEL++TRIP COMPUTER++ISOFIX++REMOTE CENTRAL LOCKING++++The car is 100% HPi clear and comes with nationwide warranty cover. Part exchange and FINANCE AVAILABLE NO MATTER WHAT YOUR CREDIT HISTORY and all major credit and debit cards accepted. FANTASTIC VALUE!!! SCROLL DOWN TO APPLY FOR FINANCE.
Type: Used Year: 2009 Make: CADILLAC Model: CTS Trim: 2.8 V6 Elegance 4dr Auto Body: Sedan Trans: Automatic Mileage: 50551 Engine Size: Ext Color: Black
Full Leather, Electric Seats, Front Centre Armrest, Radio, Power Hood, Electric Windows, Power Steering, Premium Cloth soft top A Magnificent example of a 1964 Cadillac De Ville Convertible imported to the UK from Virginia when it was only 4 years old in 1968. Finished in unmarked Aspen White with New Red Leather upholstery as original. All the seat frames have been professionally refoamed. New Carpet set as per original and New Cadillac rubber mats. 429 cu in Engine mated to a Hydramatic GM Automatic Gearbox. Power Brakes, Power Steering, Power Windows, and 6 Way Power Seats. Original working Radio. Perfect un-cracked dash top. Soft Ray Glass. The last of the finned Cadillacs, looks older like a 50's car. Fully serviced. Home and overseas delivery at extra cost.
For the 1934 model year, Cadillac began a dramatic shift toward streamlined design. The first hints of streamlining appeared in 1933, as the headlights became more bullet-shaped, the grille gained a deeper Vee and the front fenders more curvaceously fill-figured. By the following year however, Cadillac debuted a stunning new design theme that would guide future models through the end of the decade. Most notable changes included new smaller headlights with long, tapered bullet housings which were now tucked closer to the radiator grille, which itself was dramatically canted back with a deep-vee shape. Fenders were also completely reworked, now more fully formed and with a beautifully curved profile. The following model year, 1935, saw a few minor refinements to the beautiful new design. Under that lovely new skin, more significant changes came for 1934 and 1935. The 355D chassis was an all-new design that featured independent “Knee Action” front suspension. Hydraulic dampers provided a controlled ride and the frame’s design allowed for lower body height; effectively lowering the center of gravity for improved handling. Even W.O. Bentley once complemented the 355’s exceptional ride quality, citing its remarkable composure over the Booklands bumps at 80mph. The venerable V8 engine remained essentially unchanged, retaining its reputation for easy, reliable power delivery. Bodies for the 355D series of 1935 were provided by GM’s two coachbuilding subsidiaries, Fisher and Fleetwood. Fisher bodies were fitted to the Series 10 and Series 20 (128” and 136” respectively) while Fleetwood bodies were reserved for the 146” wheelbase Series 30. Regardless of series and body, all 355Ds were powered by the same V8 engine and shared the same robust running gear. Today, Cadillacs of this era are highly prized by enthusiasts for their excellent road manners as well as their stunning good looks. Our featured 1935 Cadillac 355D is a 136” wheelbase Series 20 wearing one of the most dramatic of all designs from the Fisher catalog; the four-door, five-passenger Convertible Sedan, style number 35-671. According to build sheet data, this extremely handsome example was ordered in April of 1935 via Capitol Cadillac Co. of Washington, DC. The build sheet also indicates it was originally finished in Diana Cream (20768) with cream wheel discs fitted to brilliant green wheels and a tan top. The car was built for the 1935 A.A.O.N.M.S. Shrine Convention (known today as The Shriners) where it would serve as transport for the leader of the organization – Imperial Potentate Dana S. Williams. The build sheet indicates the car was to be lettered before delivery, and included period press photos confirm that as they show the car displaying the Shriner’s logo and the Potentate’s name, as well as showing Mr. Williams arriving at the event, standing proudly in this very Cadillac. Today, this fabulous Cadillac 355D presents in fine condition, wearing a high-quality, ground up restoration that while older, still shows extremely well. It is finished in a stunning bright red livery with a natural tan interior, and cream colored wheels covered in body-color discs. The rear fenders feature painted wheel spats which are a fabulous detail – giving the car a long, sporting appearance and calling to mind the Custom LeBaron Packards of a year or two earlier. The body is well accessorized with a pair of driving lamps, winged goddess mascot (as original) and optional painted metal side-mount spare wheel covers topped with Cadillac mirrors. This Fisher body features an integral trunk, and a folding trunk rack is also fitted for additional carrying capacity. The presentation is very good overall, making this car an attractive prospect for touring or mid-level shows. The tan leather interior remains in very good condition, with finely presented seating surfaces and a warm, inviting appeal. Door panels and carpets are likewise very well presented, and the interior as a whole is lavishly appointed with fine quality chrome fittings, textured ash trays, a robe rail for rear passengers and lovely wood door caps. In the dash reside the restored original gauges and the rare original Banjo steering wheel (indicated on the build sheet) remains fitted to the car. As this is a convertible sedan, the doors feature roll-up glass windows which seal tightly against the full folding top for all-weather touring ability. Mechanically, the robust 355 series V8 engine is in fine order, appearing very nicely detailed and tidy in the engine bay. It runs well and delivers a delightful driving experience, thanks to the well-preserved restoration as well as the inherent qualities of the advanced 355D chassis and drivetrain. This breathtaking Cadillac is one of just a handful to have been delivered with this fantastic Fisher body. With interesting early history and exquisite style, this 1935 Cadillac 355D Convertible Sedan is a wonderful choice for regular enjoyment on CCCA CARavan Tours, or similar AACA or Cadillac LaSalle Club events.
1959 Cadillac 62 Series Convertible The iconic 1959 Cadillac 62 Series Convertible featured here is available in this stunning color combination of Kensington green metallic with tan interior. It is equipped with an automatic transmission, soft top frame and includes some miscellaneous parts. An excellent opportunity to own and restore a piece of what many enthusiasts consider the pinnacle of the 1950's. For $39,500 If you have any additional questions Please call 310-975-0272 or email with any questions! We also welcome all international buyers. We can help with shipping quotes and arrangements.
1960 Cadillac Sedan DeVille The 1960 Cadillac Sedan DeVille 4-window shown here in pristine Olympic white exterior over blue Cortina cord interior with black inserts comes equipped with a strong V8 motor and automatic transmission. This 2-owner, 1-family sedan features a flat-top roof, wrap-around rear window, AC, power steering, power antenna, power windows, original trunk kit, spare tire, and whitewall tires. Included are service records, books, receipts, trophies and other automobile paraphernalia. This original black plate California car is mechanically sound. For $33,500 If you have any additional questions Please call 310-975-0272 or email with any questions! We also welcome all international buyers. We can help with shipping quotes and arrangements.
SUPERB RESTORED EXAMPLE Brand Cadillac Type Series 62 Convertible Color Dark Red Interior Black Year of build 1953 Price € 130.000,- 1953 CADILLAC SERIES 62 CONVERTIBLE Superb restored example Nut and bolt restored in Denmark including engine, gearbox, hydraulics Newly delivered in Denmark so fitted with kilometer indicator Absolute stunning appearance. The restoration has cost much more then the current asking price of the car An American car in the Houtkamp Collection. A lot of people don’t expect that. Honestly we neither, but this example is absolutely amazing and so incredibly beautiful that we were more then willing to welcome her in the collection. We have to be honest that this Cadillac does not belong to us. The car is owned by a gentlemen who bought some very nice cars from us. His quality level is extremely high and he is always looking for the best of the best. When he saw this Cadillac at a show in Germany he decided to buy the car. The condition is so extremely unique that it will be hard to find a 2nd. example but unfortunately due to the amount of cars in the collection of the owner, he is not using the car enough and as you can imagine the Cadillac takes some spac
1963 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special Sedan The 1963 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special Sedan in a desirable Ebony black over black leather interior comes equipped with a strong V8 motor, automatic transmission, bench seating with 6-way power controls, custom center console, Soft Ray glass, AC, power steering, power door locks, power windows, white wall tires and aftermarket audio and speakers. The Cadillac is mechanically sound. For $12,750 If you have any additional questions Please call 310-975-0272 or email with any questions! We also welcome all international buyers. We can help with shipping quotes and arrangements.
Henry M. Leland was one of America’s great automotive pioneers. As an engineer and partner in Leland & Faulconer, he was an early proponent of standardized parts, and was instrumental in the development the single-cylinder “Little Hercules” engine. He soon became an expert in turning around struggling firms and with the encouragement of investors, he built his first car company from the ruins of the failed Henry Ford Company. After ousting the management and reorganizing the assets, the firm was renamed “Cadillac Automobile Company” and he set to work developing a new range of motorcars. Leland made enemies with Henry Ford in the process, but he would quickly establish Cadillac as a leader in innovation, mechanical sophistication and luxurious quality. That spirit continued under the auspices of General Motors after it took over in 1909. From the earliest days of single-cylinder Cadillacs, the company was renowned for their exceptional build quality and elegant style. Cadillac was proudly placed them at the pinnacle of the GM product line where it remains to this day. Cadillac was riding a wave of success going into the 1930s. A wise decision to include a “junior” brand (LaSalle) kept the company afloat as the economy faltered. They entered the decade with a heady confidence that spawned the incredible V16 and V12. Aside from the volume leader LaSalle, Cadillac’s mainstay for the 1930s was the 355 series; an 8-cylinder model manufactured between 1931 and 1935. As typical, it was available in variety of standard catalog body styles that ranged from a formal limousine to a sporting 2 door roadster, mostly supplied by GM’s favored coachbuilders at Fleetwood and Fisher. Cadillac’s model naming system usually coincided with the engine size, but that changed in 1931 as the 355-A carried over the Series 353’s 5.8 liter, 353 cubic inch V8 L-head engine. However, much was new for 1931 including a redesigned frame and restyled lower and wider bodies. Output was a full 95 horsepower, which was plenty enough to give the big Cadillac very respectable performance for its day. Even in the face of the Great Depression, Cadillac enjoyed strong sales, with more than 10,000 examples of the 355-A built for ’31. This lovely 1931 Cadillac 355-A has been part of two very prominent collections for many years. It wears body style number 4502, the 2/4 passenger Roadster by Fleetwood, considered the most sporting offering in the catalog for 1931. The body rides atop the standard 134” wheelbase chassis, which imparts the car with graceful proportions. This car has been treated to a high quality restoration that, while older, remains very attractive inside and out. It is finished in a tri-tone color scheme with the main body finished in off-white contrasted by burgundy fenders and swage lines, with brighter red wheels, frame and coach stripes. This former CCCA National First Prize winner wears a very high quality restoration that has aged quite well. Since its show days, it has been enjoyed carefully, mellowing slightly into a very attractive and pleasing car that would be a wonderful companion for touring. Paintwork remains in very good order throughout, and the chrome plating on the numerous accessories is outstanding. Numerous options include dual side-mount spare wheels, dual steerable Pilot-Ray driving lamps, radiator stone guard and goddess mascot. Other fittings include a chrome trunk rack, cowl-mounted search light and wind wings. It rides on a set of whitewall Firestone tires mounted on beautiful wire wheels that feature body color rims and hubs with polished stainless spokes. Throughout the car, the detailing and finish work impart a sense of quality, showing this car was restored properly and has been very well preserved since. Inside, red leather upholstery covers the seats and door cards which remains in excellent condition, showing virtually no wear. Dark red carpeting is also excellent, as are the cockpit fittings and controls. The top is trimmed in dark red canvas which complements the body and interior color scheme quite nicely. Instruments are in very fine order, including the original Jaeger clock, and AC Speedo. The dials are set in a beautiful sunburst instrument panel flanked by engine-turned alloy inserts. A set of side curtains is included for the rare occasion this lovely Cadillac gets caught in inclement weather; although we imagine it will be the red canvas top boot that sees the most use, as this car looks absolutely fantastic with its roof folded, ready for motoring in the sunshine. Mechanically, this Cadillac is well-sorted and very correct. These wonderful cars have proven quite popular with touring enthusiasts as they are renowned for their outstanding road manners, strong brakes and smooth, reliable nature. This 355-A is no exception, as the attractive and high-quality restoration translates into an enjoyable drive, making it a great candidate for CCCA CARavan touring, AACA events or casual show. Added to that is the desirable Fleetwood Roadster coachwork to make a finely presented and handsome example of one of Cadillac’s best driver’s cars.
Upon the introduction of the stunning new Series 452 V16 at the New York Auto Show on January 4th 1930, Cadillac assumed the command of the hotly contested American luxury car marketplace. With this, the world’s first purpose-built V16 engine, Cadillac triggered a “cylinder war” among its competitors, but despite the best efforts from the likes of Packard, Marmon and Pierce-Arrow, Cadillac maintained a firm grip on its crown. The centerpiece of the new car was of course the Owen Nacker-designed 452 cubic-inch overhead valve 45-degree V16 that delivered its incredible 175 horsepower with unrivaled smoothness and panache. Not only was this a powerful engine, but it was also beautiful, with particular effort given to hiding the plumbing and wiring while and dressing the engine with black enamel and polished metal. Cadillac preferred not to publish performance figures for the Sixteen, rather letting the car speak for itself, which it did so quite handily. Many independent coachbuilders made their mark on this magnificent chassis, but most clients selected from the wide variety of custom-catalog bodies offered by in-house coachbuilders Fleetwood and Fisher; which today are no less elegant or desirable. This striking 1930 Cadillac Series 452 is chassis number 700859, fitted from new with body Style 4375 from the Fleetwood catalog; a handsome and imposing Formal Inside-Drive Limousine with divider window and opera seats. Riding atop a 148-inch wheelbase and finished in an attractive black and silver livery, this wonderful Cadillac certainly makes a dramatic statement. A copy of the original build sheet indicates number 700859 was delivered new through Collins Bros. Co. of Portland, Oregon. Some gaps in the history remain, but from the mid-1970s, the Cadillac was kept as part of a collection for the better part of 25 years, and was restored to the current condition circa 1990 from what a very sound and original car. In 2001, 700859 joined a prominent Canadian collection, and the owner set about sorting the car mechanically to ensure a rewarding drive. It was shown at the 2002 Meadowbrook Concours d’Elegance where it earned a Lion Award for its exceptional beauty and presentation. It eventually became part of the J. Taylor Auto Collection museum, where it was kept in fine order. Today, this handsome formal Cadillac presents in attractive condition, with very good quality paintwork and detailing. The black fenders and upper surfaces are excellent, showing beautifully straight and properly aligned panels. The silver body sides and accents are also very good, with only a few minor touchups to be found upon close inspection. Fleetwood’s styling is quite elegant and graceful, a beautiful design that avoids staid or awkward lines that sometimes afflict formal body styles of the period. The black and silver livery is handsome, and the car’s painted silver wire wheels and wide-whitewall tires add a finely judged touch of class. At $6,525, this was a massively expensive car in its day, and is suitably accessorized to reflect its stature. Dual Trippe-Light driving lamps, dual chrome trumpet horns, Tilt-Ray headlamps, a Goddess radiator mascot, dual side mount spares with mirrors and a large painted trunk count among the adornments. In mechanical terms, this Cadillac is in fine order, with a strong running V16 engine that shows well in the engine bay with a factory appropriate detailing and moderate patina from use since the restoration was completed. The chassis is equipped with four wheel, vacuum assisted mechanical drum brakes and hydraulic dampers to ensure smooth, safe handling that can keep pace with the power of the V16 engine. The undercarriage is tidy and clean, again showing some light use in the time since its restoration. As appropriate for a formal limousine, the chauffeur’s compartment is upholstered in black leather which shows in very good condition today. An array of attractive original instruments is flanked by engine turned panels and beautiful wood trim runs across the top of the dash and doors. Rear passengers are treated to luxurious accommodations. Gray cloth upholstery, which is in excellent order, covers the door panels, seats and headlining. Dual, forward-facing “opera seats” fold from the floor to accommodate two additional passengers, and an umbrella holder is incorporated into the central division, placed curb-side, of course. Other amenities include a dome light, central folding arm rest, beautifully restored wood trim and a Fleetwood branded Jaeger 8-day clock. With its handsome formal coachwork and high quality older restoration, this Cadillac V16 by Fleetwood is a very usable example of this iconic classic motorcar. As a recognized Full Classic and with its pleasingly mellowed restoration, it is ideally suited for CCCA CARavan touring and similar events, a practical and beautifully presented machine from the pinnacle of the American Classic Era.
The 1940 Cadillac Series 62 marked an interesting transition for Cadillac. On one hand, it was the first year for this new model, the entry level of the Cadillac range that replaced the Series 60. It was also a car that represented an early form of “platform sharing” among General Motors products, as it shared its basic configuration with the Buick Roadmaster and Oldsmobile Series 90 among others. Exclusively for Cadillac, the body was given a wide-shoulder design that eliminated the need for large exterior running boards and lent the car a striking and modern appearance. On the other side of the coin, the 1940 models marked the end of the traditional classic era styling once and for all. The tall upright center grille was still flanked by separately mounted headlamps and “waterfall” grilles in the front wings. It was no doubt a handsome car, but the follow year saw the introduction of the new front end design with integrated headlamps and a low, wide grille. In effect, the 1941 models overshadowed the 1940 cars, but when looking back, the 1940 Cadillac Series 62 can be seen as the ultimate expression of the Art Deco and Classic Eras, a beautiful machine with fabulously detailed and streamlined front end design that was both imposing and elegant. Mechanically, the Series 62 utilized the proven and powerful 346 cubic inch Monoblock, L-head V8 engine. Customers could choose between a synchronized 3-speed manual or 4-speed Hydra-Matic automatic gearbox. With 135 horsepower on tap, the performance was quite strong and these cars have always been appreciated for their fine road manners and handling. Customers loved the new Series 62, as it delivered Cadillac’s traditional quality and style in an attainable package. As a result, sales skyrocketed for both 1940 and 1941, though Series 62 production was cut short in 1942 to concentrate on the war effort. This 1940 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible is an attractive and usable example of this sought-after pre-war Cadillac. We are very pleased to offer this car on behalf of the CCCA Educational Foundation, to which 100% of proceeds from the sale will benefit. This is a sound and solid car, presented in an attractive color combination of cream over red wheels and a red interior. Paintwork is shiny and sound, and while there are some imperfections to be found, it is generally rather good looking with nice paint on straight, solid panels. It sits proudly on proper steel wheels with original-type hub caps and wide whitewall tires. The chrome is generally fair with straight bumpers and good exterior trim, though there is some significant pitting on the die-cast grille that would benefit from restoration. The spacious interior is in good condition, trimmed in red and gray upholstery on the seats and door panels, with very good red carpeting. Interior fittings and controls all appear in good condition, with attractive, largely original chrome as well as original instruments, switchgear and a lovely ivory Bakelite steering wheel. This car is equipped with a 3-speed manual transmission, heater and radio. The convertible top, trimmed in tan canvas, is in good condition and complements the paintwork well. Cadillac’s 346 Monoblock V8 is tidy and clean in the engine bay, and while it isn’t fully detailed, it is clean and well-presented. It runs and drives quite well, delivering the easy-going road manners these cars are so well known for. This is a car that appears to have never been fully restored, instead getting restoration work done as needed over the years. As a result, it retains an appealing patina, runs and drives quite well and would make for a very nice tour car. It is also a CCCA-approved Full Classic so it is eligible for CARavan Tours and other similar events. This is a great example of a late pre-war Cadillac for an enthusiast seeking a car to drive and enjoy on a regular basis. An added bonus is that every dollar of the purchase price will benefit the CCCA Education Foundation, which works to continually promote our hobby for years to come.
The late 1930s were a time of major transition for America’s luxury auto makers. Those companies that survived the Great Depression now faced a drastically different market with fewer buyers opting for expensive coachbuilt bodies, and instead buying readily-built factory-supplied cars straight off the show floor. Both Cadillac and its chief rival Packard had seen the importance of junior ranges to offer their respective marque’s luxury and style at a more affordable price, with LaSalle introduced by GM in the late 1920s to fill the void between top range Buicks and entry level Cadillacs. But by the late 1930s, that price gap between LaSalle and the lowest price Series 70 had grown again, so a new model was introduced to serve as price-leader for Cadillac. The Series 60 debuted in 1936, and while it was a value leader, it was still a true Cadillac. Harley Earl penned a new body with a distinct tall and narrow grille, v-shaped windscreen and round, flowing fenders. Motivation came courtesy of Cadillac’s new and less expensive “monoblock” V8 engine displacing 322 cubic inches and producing 125 horsepower – which increased to 135 with when the engine was upgraded to 346 cubes the following year. The chassis featured GM’s Knee-Action independent front suspension as well as dual servo brakes. Built from 1936-1938, the original Series 60 was a fine driving motorcar, available in a variety of body styles and configurations. While it was designed as lower priced model for the prestigious marque, there was no doubt it was still very much a proper Cadillac, and with approximately 7,000 built (vs 31,000 Series 50 LaSalles) it remains relatively rare today. This handsome 1937 Cadillac Series 60 wears an uncommon and elegant convertible coupe body by Fisher. 1937 models were refreshed by Harley Earl to wear a distinct die cast egg crate grille and complementary bright hood side vents with V8 logos. It is a fine looking automobile, and the presentation very good in Richelieu Maroon with a tan top, and bright red wheels adorned with wide whitewall tires. A good quality restoration is reflected in excellent panel fit, attractive and glossy paintwork, and proper detailing. This particular car was once part of famed California broadcaster Art Astor’s extensive collection of cars and automobilia. The Fisher convertible coupe body is very stylish and nicely detailed with rare amber Cadillac fog lamps, a beautiful Goddess mascot, as well as an unusual rear treatment that features both a rumble seat and an integrated trunk. Lacking sidemount spares, the look is clean, sleek and uncluttered, beautifully proportioned on the 124” wheelbase chassis. The interior is trimmed in maroon leather on the seats and door cards, with a contrasting tan steel dash and tan carpets. Seats are in quite good condition, with just a few minor creases in the leather from light use, but otherwise remaining supple and attractive. The leather door and kick panels, as well as the carpets are also very good, showing little in the way of wear. Original instruments grace the painted steel dash and the original switchgear all appears in good order. The tan canvas top is presented in similarly fine condition, featuring a unique split glass rear window. Like the exterior, the cabin shows a quality restoration that has aged very well and seen only light use. Cadillac’s Monoblock 346 cubic inch V8 engine is one of the greats of the era. It is relatively light, powerful and very flexible, making these Cadillacs some of the best driving machines of the late-pre-war period. Our example is no exception, with a good running V8 that presents very well in the engine bay. Some of the original-type porcelain coatings have been baked-off the manifolds, which is certainly not uncommon for a car that has seen use on the road. Despite this, the engine bay remains very attractive displaying mostly correct colors, finishes and details. Overall, this car’s good quality restoration, while older, still presents well, making it a fine candidate for AACA or similar shows. Perhaps more so, this rare and attractive Cadillac Series 60 Convertible Coupe would be a wonderful machine to enjoy on tours and rallies, thanks to the powerful V8, fully synchronized transmission, and excellent handling from the independent front suspension. It is a stylish and attractive example of this immanently usable and very enjoyable pre-war Cadillac.
Brooks Stevens is one of America’s great industrial design masters. Practicing design much in the same way his contemporaries like Raymond Loewy and John Vassos, Stevens designed products, machines and logos in virtually any industry, amassing a huge and diverse portfolio that covered architecture, industrial design and graphic design. Some of his most notable projects include the Miller Beer logo, the Evinrude Lark outboard motor, and the world-famous Oscar Meyer Weinermobile. His iconic design for the 1949 Harley-Davidson Hydra Glide is still in use on today’s Heritage range. Of course, the automobile industry played a huge role in Stevens’ illustrious career. He is perhaps best known for his work with Studebaker, redesigning the Grand Turismo Hawk on a miniscule budget, and also the Jeep Wagoneer, a design that remained virtually unchanged from 1963 through the model’s discontinuation in 1991. He also designed the original Excalibur sports car in conjunction with Kaiser, and the subsequent “neo-classic” models that came after. But one of his earliest contributions to the motoring industry came in 1955, with a car that he hoped would introduce American V8 power, as well as the Brooks Stevens name, to the European marketplace. Brooks Stevens had a strong desire to be recognized in the European car design world. He was given the idea to design a luxury car worthy of the European show circuit; an automobile that would show the world what Brooks Stevens could do. With backing from a Cleveland-based real estate developer, Stevens began with a new 1955 Cadillac Series 60 Special chassis, and designed a flamboyant new body from the ground up. Die Valkyrie debuted at the Paris Auto Salon, with its huge, dramatic V-shaped grille and front bumper treatment that flowed out, bisecting the headlamps and traveling down the body sides in one line. A beautiful upward sweep ahead of the rear wheel arch was highlighted by a two-tone black and white color scheme, and the coupe roof was fully removable to make a four-seat convertible. Coachwork and construction was handled by Hermann Spohn of Ravensburg Germany. Spohn was a primary supplier of Maybach bodies prior to WWII, and his work also graced Hispano-Suiza, Mercedes-Benz and other chassis, so there was little question about quality. Die Valkyrie was a big car, sharing the same 133-inch wheelbase as the Cadillac donor. But it also shared Cadillac’s OHV, 331 cubic inch dual-quad engine that made a solid 270 horsepower so performance was not lacking. Rumors even circulated that Cadillac considered backing the project as a way to break into the fickle European market, and Stevens made no attempt to hide the source of his donor vehicle. But ultimately, the project never went beyond two cars, the first which was purchased by Stevens himself as a gift for his wife who enjoyed the car for many thousands of miles before it went into the Brooks Stevens Museum where it remained through the mid-1990s. We are very pleased to offer this Die Valkyrie, the very example that belonged to Brooks and Alice Stevens. Aside from one repaint it remains in fabulously original condition and still shows the miles that Alice put on the car during her time enjoying it. The fabulous, over-the-top styling of Die Valkyrie is of course the first thing that grabs your attention. But as you look closer, you see it is a fully functional luxury automobile, not merely a styling exercise. Spohn’s craftsmanship is outstanding, as the car is beautifully constructed and detailed. It is still presented in its original color scheme of white and black with virtually every original detail still in place. Given its largely unrestored and original condition, there are a few minor blemishes that appear in the paintwork and elsewhere, though they hardly detract from the drama and glamour of Brooks Stevens’ fabulous design. The extensive original chrome trim is intact and in very fine condition, showing little wear and no damage, further backing the incredibly low original mileage. It rides on its original wheels which are adorned with original Cadillac hubcaps and shod with a set of very unusual US Royal Master tires which mimic the turbine styling of the hubcaps in their sidewalls. The car is incredibly dramatic; long, low and wide with that signature “cow catcher” grille up front. The interior is trimmed in black leather which has been beautifully preserved in completely original and unrestored condition. It is believed the large, plush chairs may share components with a Mercedes 300 which is entirely feasible given its construction at Spohn in Germany. Carpets are in fine condition and the door panels are beautifully styled with sunburst pattern leather, accented with a white flash and topped with a polished speed-form trim. The dash is essentially standard issue Cadillac, which typically high quality controls and switchgear. Mechanically, Die Valkyrie remains in a highly original and unrestored state. The Cadillac 331 is topped with original dual-quad intake and original “bat wing” air cleaner. The engine bay is tidy and has been carefully detailed, to ensure its high levels of originality have not been erased. It features power steering and brakes as original and the remainder of the chassis and drivetrain are all factory Cadillac components, allowing for straightforward servicing. This is an incredible opportunity to acquire an automobile that Brooks Stevens designed to highlight his immense talents. It has remarkable history as the Paris show car, as the very car that his wife Alice enjoyed driving, and the car that was retained by the Stevens museum for decades. It has survived in remarkably original condition thanks to the efforts of the previous caretaker, the only other owner outside the Stevens family. A fabulous and dramatic piece of mid-century design history and presented in magnificently well-preserved condition, Die Valkyrie is sure to be welcome at virtually concours event worldwide, and would make a most welcome centerpiece to any collection of rare and exciting concept cars.
500 ci V-8 power coupled to front wheel drive with all Cadillac comfort amenities. Ice cold a/c, cruise, tilt and telescopic wheel. The newer top operates smoothly and folds flat covered with the stylish parade boot. Expertly refinished in factory code 52 Bombay Yellow that contrasts beautifully with the white leather interior and white top. Steeped with traditional Cadillac quality and riding on an impressive 126” wheelbase. The first drive will take you back to days gone by, priced at a hefty $10.785 and 8,953 built. Factoring in materials ,labor & inflation, today’s price would be over $100k. These cars were uncommon in the 70s and will be more so as the time goes by and the best examples such as this dry pristine Colorado car will command respect and retain their value among serious collectors worldwide. $24,900.00
By the time General Motors acquired Cadillac in 1909, Henry M. Leland’s company had already established itself as a leader in innovation, mechanical sophistication and luxurious quality. That spirit continued under the auspices of General Motors as it is Cadillac that brought consumers the first electric starter, the first electric lamps, the first synchromesh transmission, the first dual-plane crankshaft V8 and even the first V16 engine. From their earlies models, Cadillac was renowned for their exceptional build quality and elegant style and General Motors proudly placed them at the pinnacle of their product line where they remain to this day. Cadillac was riding a wave of success going into the 1930s. A wise decision to include a “junior” brand (LaSalle) kept the company afloat as the economy faltered. They entered the decade with a heady confidence that spawned the incredible V16 and V12 models. But Cadillac’s mainstay for the 1930s was the 355 series; an 8-cylinder model manufactured between 1931 and 1935. It was available in variety of standard body styles that ranged from a formal limousine to a sporting 2 door roadster. Cadillac’s model naming system meant the model name coincided with the engine size, but for some reason that changed in 1931 as the 355 carried over the Series 353’s 5.8 liter, 353 cubic inch V8 L-head engine. Output was a stout 95 horsepower, plenty enough to give the big Cadillac very respectable performance for its day and earn Cadillac strong sales, with more than 10,000 examples built for ’31. 1930s elegance abounds with this fine 1931 Cadillac 355A Convertible Coupe. This CCCA Premier Award-winning example has been fully restored to its original colors of Viceroy Maroon over black fenders and chassis, as indicated on the original build sheet. It is finished to a high standard and remains in excellent condition today. It is a lovely machine with fine quality paintwork and detailing. Of the eleven standard body styles available, the Convertible Coupe by Fleetwood ranks among the most desirable on the 355 chassis. Its sporting, elegant appearance recalls carefree playboys enjoying the trappings of their wealth as the roaring twenties came to a close. The convertible coupe combined the style and open air experience of the roadster, but with the additional comfort provided by roll up side windows and a more substantial folding roof and more luxurious trim. As with most 355-series Cadillacs, our example is well-equipped with dual sidemount spares topped with Cadillac mirrors, a mesh radiator stone guard, Goddess mascot and a pair of Senior Trippe Light driving lamps. While the restoration is approaching two decades old, the exterior cosmetics remain very strong, and this example presents very well indeed. The interior is trimmed in beautiful tan leather in excellent condition on the front seat, rumble seat, door cards and kick panels. Woodgrain trim caps the doors and dash, and the instrument fascia features a beautiful Art-Deco sunburst pattern that is the signature of the 355 Series. Original instruments remain in excellent order and all switchgear and controls function as they should. Fitment and quality of the detailing is exemplary, as one would expect from a former CCCA award winner. The convertible top is trimmed in tan canvas, with excellent fit and easy, smooth operation of the frame. Cadillac’s venerable 353 cubic inch V8 is very nicely presented in the engine compartment. It is correctly finished in porcelain-like black with correct hardware, hose clamps and detailing. This should rank as one of Cadillacs greatest engines, as it provides smooth, reliable running and outstanding performance for the era. In fact, the 355-V8 offered performance that was nearly on par with the headline-grabbing V12 and V16 cars, thanks in large part to much lighter weight when compared to its multi-cylinder stablemates. Likewise, handling and braking were more predictable as there was less weight over the front axle. The three speed synchromesh transmission makes for easy operation and strong four wheel brakes provide peace of mind in virtually all conditions. Our example is a fine running machine, needing nothing to be enjoyed on the road. There is a good reason why the Cadillac 355-series is such a highly collectible motorcar. It combines the grand elegance of the early 1930s in a mechanical package that is unintimidating and approachable for even the novice enthusiast. Our example has been treated to a very high quality restoration and has been carefully tended to since and has benefited from some light recent freshening. It remains attractive enough for show, yet is well-sorted for CCCA CARavan touring. This is a fabulous all-rounder; a beautiful restoration on a beautiful automobile.
Our Serie 62 Convertible left the factory in 1951, the year after the Cunningham Le Mans team proved that a Cadillac could do more than just drive "Miss Daisy". Its penultimate owner purchased it in California in 1992 and soon after had the convertible restored in time for the 1994 National Cadillac Club Show where it was judged and deemed a numbers matching Senior example, listed as # 168 in the International Cadillac LaSalle Club registry. This extensive 1994 restoration brought the car back to as-new spec, including its original color scheme of Mist Gray (paint code 10) over a red leather interior. The last owner of this Series 62 Convertible bought the car in 2007, driven it sparingly. In 2009, the engine and transmission were pulled, tested, and mechanically refreshed, while attending to electric and hydraulic systems . Since the car has been driven a mere 400 miles time enough to prove its roadability.
Cadillac’s V16 range first appeared in 1930, and after initially strong sales, production had dwindled as the American economy struggled and such lavish motorcars were generally frowned upon by even the wealthiest of buyers. However, in spite of its costly nature, the V16 still served its role as a halo model for Cadillac, so it remained available through the decade. For the 1938 model year, Cadillac completely redesigned the car with an all new engine and body design. Displacing 431 cubic inches, the new V16 was a more conventional design, with a simple side-valve configuration in a rather unusual 135-degree cylinder bank angle. The engine produced 185 horsepower (about 10 more than the old unit) and weighed a staggering 250 pounds less than the original V16. It was also significantly cheaper for Cadillac to produce, and therefore more profitable. As America was recovering from the Great Depression, this proved the right move for Cadillac and for buyers who wanted the prestige of the famous V16, yet in a slightly more affordable package. Sixteen cylinder Series 90 models rode on the same basic chassis and 141 inch wheelbase as the V8 Series 75, which allowed for sharing of bodies from the Fleetwood and Fisher catalog. Twelve catalog body styles were available for the 1938-1939 model years, all designed under the guidance of the masterful Bill Mitchell, protégé of Harley Earl. Of those bodies, one of the rarest and most expensive was Style Number 9067, the stunning Convertible Coupe by Fleetwood. The streamline era was taking full effect by 1938, with the front fenders and radiator grille becoming fully enveloped into one. Headlights were still separately mounted but were soon to be fully integrated into the fenders as well. Dual sidemount spares were still fitted, but concealed beneath painted steel covers. Stylistically, the 1938 Cadillac bridged the gap between the traditional classic era and the post-war streamlined style. The Convertible coupe in particular, has incredible presence; it is a large car, with its two-seat body style stretched dramatically over the 141-inch wheelbase chassis. Just ten examples were built in 1938 making it among the rarest and most desirable of the series. This beautiful Cadillac Series 90 is one of those ten original Convertible Coupes bodied by Fleetwood in 1938. It is a very attractive car wearing a high-quality older restoration that has recently been sorted for reliable and enjoyable touring. Original build sheets indicate this car (engine number 5270250) was first delivered to Rochester New York, painted in Moleskin Gray as indicated on both the build sheet and the original Fleetwood trim tag. By the 1960s the car had found its way to Pennsylvania when it was discovered along the side of the PA Turnpike by noted early CCCA member Ted Johnson. Mr. Johnson rescued the Cadillac from the roadside and had it restored by George Holman of Massachusetts. Mr. Holman subsequently purchased the car, eventually trading it to Rick Carroll, a well-known collector from Jensen Beach, Florida. Today, this beautiful Cadillac presents in very good condition, still wearing its older restoration well. The bright red paint suits the sporting nature of the body quite well, and while it does show extensive cracking in the lacquer finish, it remains glossy and attractive. The body fit is good, and the panels very straight, showing the car was properly restored and carefully tended to since. Chrome trim remains generally very good with a few areas of minor pitting or bubbling found here and there, but overall still glossy and attractive. Bumpers are straight and gorgeous and the lovely cast grille shows only the slightest of age. A pair of Guide Super Ray driving lamps are fitted and the car retains its correct original headlamp lenses. On the whole, it is a lovely, imposing car that turns heads and while it shows its age in places, remains quite attractive overall. Inside, the brown leather shows just some minor creasing and slight cracking, with some wear evident around the edges of the front seats. It retains a pleasing patina that does not detract from the inviting, usable nature of this Cadillac. Door panels and kick panels are in excellent condition and pair of jump seats are fitted in the rear for occasional rear passengers. The woodgrain dash is beautifully preserved with excellent finish and lovely original instruments. Paint and chrome finishes inside are very good, as is the original Banjo-style steering wheel. Cadillac’s 431 cubic inch L-head V16 is very nicely presented, with correct type finishes and paint. The presentation is excellent and the engine has benefitted from recent servicing and sorting. Some of the work performed in the last few years includes a full fuel system flush with a new fuel tank, rebuilt shock absorbers, new front springs, new wide whitewall tires, rebuilt brake hydraulics, rebuilt carburetor and a full chassis service with cleaned and greased lubrication points. It now performs beautifully and is a delight to drive, especially given the 185 horsepower output and silken delivery from the V16. An approved CCCA Full Classic, this exceedingly rare and imposing Series 90 is an excellent candidate for CARavan touring or for simply wafting along your favorite roads, enjoying the effortless power and impeccable style of this beautiful Cadillac.
Lowered price from €34.950 -> €29.950 The Series 60 was Cadillac's mid-priced entry in the luxury vehicle market when it appeared in 1936. The Series 60 was the brainchild of new Cadillac manager, Nicholas Dreystadt. Debuting in 1936, it filled a gaping price gap between the LaSalles and series 70 models. Initially it rode on a 121.0 in (3,073 mm) wheelbase and shared the B Body with with cars from LaSalle, Buick and Oldsmobile. The exterior featured a new Harley Earl-designed look with a tall, slender grille and split vee-shaped windshield. This body used Fisher Body's new Turret Top one-piece roof and Bendix dual-servo brakes. "Knee-action" independent suspension, first introduced by Cadillac in 1934, was a welcome novelty for the mid-price market at the time. Under the hood was the new (less expensive) Monobloc V8 5.3 l (322 cu in) engine produced 125 hp (93 kW), just 10 less than that in the larger Cadillacs. The Series 60 immediately became the company's best-selling model, making up half of all Cadillacs sold the first year. The next year, displacement on all Monobloc Cadillacs was 346 cu in (5.7 L). This new engine produced 135 hp (101 kW), more than all V8 Cadillacs of just
By 1917, Cadillac had already established itself as a leader in innovation and quality. Cadillac’s founder Henry Leland was a true pioneer of American industry and a champion for mass produced, precision machine manufacturing. Cadillac’s breakthrough of the electric Self-Starter system and electric lights in 1912 were largely responsible for cementing the internal combustion automobile’s dominance over electric and steam. Three years later, they introduced another significant innovation – the world’s first mass-produced V8 engine. The L-head engine was designed by the Scottish born engineer D. McCall White and featured two cast iron cylinder blocks with integral heads mounted atop an aluminum-copper alloy crankcase. It was an ingenious design that utilized fork and blade connecting rods to provide clearance for opposing cylinders as well as dual water pumps when most cars made do with simple, inefficient thermo-syphoning cooling systems. The engine produced an impressive 70 horsepower and was a marvel of smooth running and linear power delivery. There was even an optional Kellogg auxiliary air compressor which could be used to inflate tires in the event of a puncture. With continual refinement, it was this V8 engine that truly put Cadillac at the top of its market segment, proudly supporting their bold motto – The Standard of the World. Handsome and imposing, this 1917 Cadillac Model 55 Opera Coupe is one of our personal favorites. According to Cadillac archives, this car, 55-B-39 was originally delivered to Toronto, Ontario, Canada to a Mrs. Hyslop. Her husband was one of the partners in Hyslop Bros., the first Cadillac and Oldsmobile distributorship in Ontario. Three-passenger Opera Coupe bodywork is a lovely formal style that is rarely seen today. It is quickly distinguished by its dual oval rear windows and tall, upright proportion. This wonderful example wears its older restoration well, with Cadillac Blue main body subtly offset by black fenders and black leather topping. Panel fit and paint finish quality is excellent and in keeping with the original high level of build quality these cars were famous for. It rides on a set of wooden spoke artillery wheels wrapped in black wall tires that help enhance the imposing, almost sporting appearance. A rear mounted spare wheel keeps the body lines clean and uncluttered, while adding visual length. The nickel detailing is in excellent order and provides a touch of bright flash. An interesting feature of this body is the fact that the central B-pillar can be removed with thumb screws that transform this formal elegant body into one of the earliest iterations of the “pillarless coupe”. Rather interestingly, the driver sits alone up front with accommodations for two passengers on the rear bench seat. A folding jump seat sits in the front footwell for the occasional fourth occupant inside, while a leather-trimmed rumble seat is reserved for two additional very occasional passengers. The “Fat Man Wheel” folds out of the way to allow the gentleman of ample girth to climb aboard without the possibility of embarrassing himself in front of female companions. Seats, interior panels and door cards are all trimmed in period correct Bedford cord to a high standard. Trim, carpets and interior fittings are in excellent order throughout. Original instrumentation includes speedometer, fuel pressure gauge and ammeter while a Moto-Meter atop the radiator keeps watch on engine temps. An interesting feature is the mechanically dipped headlights which work through a system of rods and linkages attached to the headlight reflectors, all operated via a lever on the steering column. It just goes to demonstrate the level of thoughtful design that Cadillac was famous for. By 1917, D. McCall White’s masterpiece V8 engine had received some important upgrades. Lighter weight pistons were introduced, improving efficiency and drivability while improvements to the 3-speed transmission made for smoother and more reliable operation. Our example presents very well, with correct finishes, fittings and wiring. It is a strong running example that is ideally suited for touring with the CCCA or other nickel-era clubs, thanks in no small part to the powerful and smooth engine and very well restored chassis and running gear. The Cadillac Model 55 is very significant part of the history of the automobile. This was one of the first cars produced under the auspices of General Motors and they helped to establish Cadillac as one of the world's greatest automakers. In 2014, the Historic Vehicle Association nominated a similar Model 57 as the very first car on their Historic Vehicle Register, shining new light on these robust, beautiful and important cars. Our example is sure to please thanks to its excellent, restored condition and well-sorted mechanical nature. We are very pleased to offer this fantastic Cadillac and we hope you get as much joy from it as we do.
1940 Cadillac Series 75 Brunn Towncar Chassis Number: 3320424 It was December 1939, almost 75 years ago, when wealthy Ohio industrialist Elroy J. Kulas placed his order for the last custom-built Brunn Town Car. This was the end of an era. The Brunn Company had a reputation for unparalleled quality. It is beautifully crafted with a precision that has not been diminished by the decades since new. Unlike other custom bodies fitted to a chassis provided by a major manufacturer, this Brunn design includes a special cowl and all aluminum bodywork. Riding on the 141", new-for-1938 Series 75 Chassis and powered by the war-proven 346 cubic inch L-head V-8, this is not only a rare and striking automobile, it is a joy to drive. Utterly reliable and smooth as silk on brand new, period correct tires. The car has documented ownership and has been winning awards for nearly 50 years.1990 CCCA Annual Meeting in Palm Beach 100 points earned, participated in 2005 the Pebble Beach Concours inaugural 1600 mile Tour d'Elegance from Seattle to Monterey, 2008 People's Choice Award at the CCCA Grand Experience at Hickory Corners, Michigan. Style, history, rarity all in one very special, lovingly preserved,