Buick Skylark 4,9 Coupé aut. Equipment: Fin og velkørende Kan leveres nysynet med Sorte Plader Dansk Bil fra ny ring for info
Buick’s offerings for 1914 consisted of just a single series, the Series B, though somewhat confusingly, the Series B was made up of a variety of sub models, configurations and engine offerings. At the entry level of the catalog, the B-24 and B-25 shared a 105 inch wheelbase and a 165 cubic inch four-cylinder engine. Next in line came the B-35, B-37 and the fully enclosed B-38 coupe featured a 112-inch wheelbase with motivation coming from a slightly larger 221 cubic inch four cylinder. The flagship model was the B-55 which featured the marque’s first six cylinder engine, displacing 331 cubic inches and rated at 48 horsepower. The common thread for all Series B Buicks was the valve-in-head engine with its distinctive exposed valvetrain, and all models (with the exception of the B-38) were available as either a roadster or a handsome touring car. Thanks to Buick being part of General Motors, all 1914 models featured the Delco System electric starter and lamps originally pioneered by Cadillac in 1912. The B-25 cost $1,050 in 1914, when compared to the Ford Model T at $440, made the Buick was a significant step up in the market. Just over 21,000 Buicks found homes in 1914, demonstrating ever growing strength of Buick and the increase demand from the middle class for more powerful and well equipped motorcars. This tidy 1914 Buick B-25 Touring Car is a very usable and attractive example that has been treated to a good quality restoration some time ago, having now taken on a pleasing patina. Two-tone black and white paint gives it a handsome and striking look. Paint quality is quite good, showing some age since the restoration was completed but remaining quite attractive and charming. By 1914, the brass era was winding down, and nickel plating had become the standard embellishment. Our example wears nice nickel-plated headlamps, wheel hub covers and trim on the duel carriage lamps. A Buick branded moto-meter sits atop the black painted radiator, which also proudly brandishes the Buick script. A very nice period appropriate spot light is affixed to the windscreen frame. Black wall tires are fitted to the split rim artillery wheels, with good condition wooden spokes painted white to match the main body. The canvas top is in good condition and it comes with a complete set of side curtains; ideal for those looking for adventure in all weather conditions. The interior is very inviting, with lovely old black leather showing some light creasing and patina that is consistent with the remainder of the car. Floors are correctly lined with linoleum up front and carpet in the rear, all showing in good order. Instrumentation is of course limited for a car of this era, but the basics are covered with a period correct Stewart speedometer, an Amp meter and a great Waltham clock adorn the firewall. The fat wood rimmed steering wheel is excellent, with nicely polished nickel spokes and controls for throttle and spark advance. Buick’s 165 cubic-inch four-cylinder engine is in excellent condition under the hood. The cylinders are cast in pairs, and the exposed valvetrain is a fascinating feature of these engines. The detailing is largely correct with period fittings and plumbing, with an emphasis on tidy, reliable service. This wonderful old Buick is a charming and fairly rare example from GM’s early days. It is an enjoyable, honest car that is very well suited for touring thanks to the sorted mechanicals, full weather equipment and charming patina. We love this car’s pretty color combination and classic touring car body style. This Buick is a great choice for Horseless Carriage Club of America tours, AACA events or casual show. The more conventional controls and sliding-fork gearbox make it more approachable for newcomers to nickel-era cars, and the addition of electric start makes it easy to live with for regular use or long-distance journeys.
1988 Buick Regal Coupe Winston Cup NASCAR VIN: 12 This car was built and owned by Stavola Brothers Racing, and was first driven as the #12 Miller High Life by Bobby Allison in 1988, his last racing year. After Allison's retirement this car was driven by Bobby Hillin. For both the 1988 and 1989 NASCAR seasons the car wore the Miller High Life livery. In 1990 the sponsorship at Stavola Brothers changed to Snickers. The car was driven first by Bobby Hillen and the later by Rick Wilson. 1992 the Stavola Brothers changed to Ford, so the Buick was sold to R&S Oval Track. It was purchased by Robert Ham, Auburn Alabama who raced car in the 1992 Arca season as #18. The Buick would pass through a few owners in the '90s who kept the car as a collectable until 2003, when it would be fully restored by Bill Elliott's motorsport shop in North Carolina. It has been driven minimally by its last owner, and has a fresh engine / transmission / differential with only about 2 hours on them. The car is currently set up in its road course configuration, making it ideal for historic racing events around the world.
*** THIS CAR HAS BEEN SOLD *** Please contact us if you were interested in this car. Our inventory is constantly changing and we will have similar examples of this model becoming available soon. ----------------------------- Buick Electra 225 1967 430 CU customized in very good condition 1967 Buick Electra 225 Hardtop saloon. Interior and body are in very beautiful condition. In 1967 this model became a new 7047 cc (430CU) V8 360 hp engine which took the place of the 401 and 425. The car has power steering, electric windows and electric seat adjuster. Car has Romanian title and mot/tuv. Easy to register in every EU country. You do not need to pay any importtaxes. We can help with transport.
Brewster & Co. of Queens, New York is one of America’s oldest and most storied coachbuilders. Originally formed in 1810 in New Haven, Connecticut, Brewster was America’s premier constructer of high quality coaches and wagons. At the turn of the 20th century, the horseless carriage was beginning to find favor among the wealthy, so with a move of operations to New York they began to focus their attention on building motor bodies for New York’s elite. By 1911, all carriage building had ceased and the company turned entirely to bodying the best motorcars in the world. It is perhaps a fitting testament to their quality that the first petrol powered car to wear a Brewster body was a Delaunay-Belleville; widely regarded as the very finest car of its era and of which Brewster would become the North American importer in 1905. In 1914, Brewster was selected by Rolls-Royce, Ltd. as sales official agents and by 1919 were the preferred body builders for their American market chassis built in Springfield, Massachusetts. This set Brewster on a pedestal above all other American coachbuilders. Concurrently, they began to offer cars of their own construction, mainly town cars of more compact proportions that were designed specifically for chauffeuring their clients around New York’s tight streets. Using a proprietary chassis, Brewsters were powered by expensive but exceptionally smooth Knight sleeve-valve engines and were instantly recognizable by their distinct oval radiators. Brewster pioneered many innovations in car building such as roll up windows, disappearing jump seats and the canted “Brewster Windshield” which reduced the glare of city street lights for chauffeurs. By 1925, Rolls-Royce bought the entire Brewster works outright, going on to sell nearly 450 cars with Brewster bodies. Led by John S Inskip, the designers at Brewster produced some of the most striking automobiles of the era. Following Rolls-Royce’s withdrawal from US production in 1931, Brewster was saved by Inskip (who was also the outgoing chairman of Rolls-Royce North America) and new, more affordable chassis were sought to keep the workshop busy. A partnership with Ford was initially promising, however that failed to materialize into long term success. Brewster continued to offer bodies for individual clients on mainly Ford and Buick chassis, though they could not recapture their earlier magic and the company was closed in 1938, leaving behind a legacy of exceptional quality and tasteful, beautiful styling. Likely one of the very last Brewster cars ever produced, this 1938 Buick wears an unusual and fascinating town car body by the famed Long Island coachbuilder. Finished in an attractive two-tone color scheme of blue main body sides over black fenders and hood, this Buick has been nicely restored and well preserved over the years and is ready to be enjoyed. The quality of the restoration is very good, with attractive paint and finishing. The Town Car body features an enclosed passenger compartment with a tan faux-cabriolet roof and disappearing roof for the front compartment. The rear passengers are treated to lovely gray broadcloth armchairs and panels, and a pair of occasional rear seats folds neatly into the floor – a Brewster signature. Bud vases, wood trimmed door caps and a sliding divider window add to the air of luxury. The quality of presentation is very good, clear evidence this car was properly restored and has been very well tended-to since then. The chauffeur’s cabin (this is a town car after all, and would have been exclusively chauffeur driven) is trimmed in black leather, which is appropriate as it was harder wearing for the duties of driving. A disappearing roof panel slides out to cover the driver in case of inclement weather. The dash is a handsome mix of painted metal surfaces, wood-grained panels and elegant Art Deco detailing. Buick’s trusty 248 Cubic Inch Dynaflash straight-eight presents well under the hood with proper graphics adorning the valve cover and presented well in Buick green paint with satin black ancillaries. The engine runs strong and the car has benefitted from a recent mechanical freshening. This rare and interesting Buick represents the end more than one era in automotive history- as one of the very last cars produced by Brewster, it marks the end of one of America’s great car builders. Also, as bespoke automobile bodies were falling out of favor, the outbreak of WWII and subsequent economic troubles would be the death knell for the industry as a whole. Thankfully, this Buick with its rare, high-quality and lovingly restored Brewster body has survived through the years as a monument to a bygone era. .
The Buick Motor Company was the cornerstone General Motors was built on. Charles Nash was President and General Manager of Buick by 1910 and oversaw a thriving automaker that sold nearly 30,000 automobiles in that year. Early Buicks included very small to very large automobiles, and trucks, that enabled the marque to compete throughout the industry. Buick also utilized racing extensively to establish a reputation for speed and durability. Early drivers including ‘Wild’ Bob Burman, Louis and Arthur Chevrolet, Lewis Strang and others raced Buicks; high profile races for production automobiles were held on Long Island, at Savannah, Indianapolis and Daytona Beach. Two bright red ‘Buick Bug’ racers were also constructed for Burman and Louis Chevrolet in 1910, who raced them around the country. These special ‘wind cheaters’ were equipped with huge 622 c.i. four-cylinder engines mounted in shortened single-seat racing chassis covered with streamlined bodies emblazoned with rams heads painted on the front of each car and were crowd favorites wherever they raced! Buick also offered sporting options for their regular customers. Both the popular Buick Model 10 on a 92-inch wheelbase and the larger Model 16 on a 112-inch wheelbase were available as sporting Roadsters. The Roadsters consisted of only two seats mounted on a standard chassis with a hood, cowl and fenders. Their construction was actually quite clever, however, allowing for exchange of a gas tank, a single rear seat or a wider rear seat that converted the car into a Tourabout or Surrey, all on the same chassis. This pretty 1910 Buick Model 16 Roadster is an older restoration, very well done and preserved in proper working order. In an era when only a single color was offered on many models, here the body, fenders, chassis and wheels are all finished in white. The appearance is all the more sporting for the single color, highlighted with red coach lines on the fenders, hood, wheels, frame and front axle. A brightly polished brass finish adorns the head lamps, radiator and script, coach lights mounted on the cowl and a large flared bulb horn. The brake and shift levers and wheel centers are also finished in polished brass. The simple instruments include a Stewart speedometer and mileage recorder and a brass oil sight gauge. An acetylene tank is mounted on the right side to provide gas for the lamps, while a round gasoline tank is mounted on the rear deck behind the two seats. Black tires are mounted on the wood spoke wheels. Neither a windshield nor top was provided, given the sporting nature of this early Roadster. The seats are constructed of wood – that may be original to the car – and upholstered in black tufted leather that looks to be new. The large 318 c.i. engine prominently displays four individually cast cylinders and produced 32.4 horsepower. The cylinder heads are not removable, so the workings of the push rods and valve gear operate in plain site adding to the charm of this very early Buick. The three-speed sliding gear transmission sends power to the rear axle. The car has been set up for touring, a concealed electric starter has been skillfully added, the rear brakes have been converted to hydraulic,and a modern air filter has been installed, all enhancing the enjoyment of driving this automobile that was constructed before the adoption of electric starters, lights, and juice brakes. Here again is a wonderful brass era automobile, this one fitted with a sporting Roadster body that evokes the Age and Buick’s early sporting history. This car presents and drives equally well – aided by a concealed electric starter – and will be eagerly welcomed by the Buick Club of America, Antique Automobile Club of America and the Horseless Carriage Club of America as well as other brass club activities, parades and local shows.
Buick’s flagship Roadmaster has long been synonymous with luxury and style. Since its inception in 1936, it served as the style and feature leader in the Buick line, and from 41-on, was Buick’s premier offering. It was a ready competitor for Cadillac in terms of performance and equipment, yet the Buick undercut its sibling by a significant price margin. In late 1941, for the upcoming 1942 model year, Buick had significantly redesigned its entire range and the Roadmaster would provide a showcase of Harley Earl’s vision for the 1940s; a modern machine that was lower, wider and longer than its predecessor, with beautifully integrated fenders and a signature toothy grille. Of course, the American involvement in World War II put an abrupt end to automobile production in 1942, so only a minute handful of cars were delivered before production shifted to military vehicles. Eager buyers would have to wait at least three years before they’d see another new car roll out of an American plant. Few of those eager buyers waited longer for their new Buick Roadmaster than Erhardt H. Kraft of New Braunfels, Texas. As Mr. Kraft explained in a letter written to a subsequent owner of his Buick Roadmaster, he placed an order and a deposit with the Krueger Motor Company in 1941 for a new 1942 model, only to have the onset of World War II delay delivery, as the Buick production plant was rapidly converted to war production. Over four years had passed when, on Christmas Eve 1945, Mr. Kraft received a call from Krueger Motor Company informing him that his “new car had arrived at long last,” and that the unusually patient New Braunfels businessman had actually received interest on his deposit over that time! Mr. Kraft was no doubt surprised since, over the course of the war, he had completely forgotten that he ordered a new Buick in 1941! The story continues with Erhardt Kraft explaining: “Mr. Krueger asked if he could keep the car on his showroom floor, because it was Christmas Eve of 1945 and my Buick was the first Roadmaster the company had received since the War ended. He wanted others to enjoy the car since there had not been any fine cars like this for the length of the War. I drove the car home on January 2, 1946, for the first time.” How wonderful it is to imagine seeing this incredibly stylish, beautifully appointed 1946 Buick Sedanet right at the turn of the New Year for the first time, and after so many years of war. Mr. Kraft reportedly bought the car for his wife, but she never learned to drive, so it was only her husband who drove it on the occasional vacations and to church on Sundays. As such, it accrued very few miles and remained in outstanding condition. It was eventually acquired several decades later by Texas collector David Taylor, who is well-known among enthusiasts for collecting excellent original Buicks of this era. Subsequently, it was part of several well-known Southwestern collections, including the museum of Sterling McCall in Round Top, Texas. Thankfully, each subsequent owner appreciated this fine Buick’s originality and cared for it lovingly, and it shows a mere 4,734 miles from new. Today, this stunningly low mileage and original example presents in wonderful condition, wearing and older repaint in its original black and having benefitted from some replating of the original chrome. The sumptuous Harley Earl-penned Roadmaster Sedanet is one of the most desirable body styles of the period. It masterfully combines luxurious, sweeping curves with an air of sportiness in the tapered tail and low roofline. Highly desirable period accessories include a sun visor, dual outside mirrors, a spot light, and a light bar with twin fog lamps. On the road the car sits proudly as it should; riding on a set of wide whitewall tires with proper original hubcaps. Incredibly, this Roadmaster retains its fine original upholstery, which presents in very good condition, as well as its original window glass, aforementioned accessories and even the factory exhaust system and muffler! The dashboard is particularly magnificent, with a warm and inviting patina to its finishes, outstanding original instruments, and finely detailed original knobs, switches and steering wheel. Beneath the signature side-hinged hood is the original 320 Cubic Inch “Fireball” valve-in-head inline eight-cylinder that produced 144hp in period. Given the fact that the 4,734 miles are strongly believed to be original, it likely she still makes fairly close to that figure. The engine also looks wonderful, presented in correct original Buick Blue with the bold “FIREBALL” graphics on the valve cover. Some hoses, clamps and fittings have been changed over the years in the interest of functionality, but the overall appearance is that of a well maintained and highly original example. Mr. and Mrs. Kraft’s wonderful Roadmaster is an excellent choice for the connoisseur of originality. This car boasts rich and entertaining history and careful long-term maintenance in significant collections. It would be a wonderful exhibit for the AACA’s Historic Preservation of Original Features class, and we’re certain it would be as enjoyable to drive today as it was on the just the second day of 1946 in New Braunfels, Texas.