This fabulous 308GTB is a most desirable dry-sump, steel bodied car, built in limited numbers and for the European market only. The model is identifiable externally by its single outlet exhaust. Delivered new in May 1980 by M.G. Crepaldi Automobili s.a. of Brescia to Mr. Giovanni Bresciani. In 1984 it was sold to Mr. Angelo Cacciamali who owned it for one year then sold it to Mr. Cesare Zini. He owned the car from 1985 until 2009 then dealer Maranello Service srl sold it to the fourth owner who registered it in the name of his company, Agora srl. Well known specialists GPS Classic sold the car in 2014 to the last owner - an American who used the car for a driving holiday in Europe. He had them carry out a major service including all belts, water pump and bearings, new brake discs and so on. They also submitted the paperwork for full Classiche authentication documents for the car which were issued by the factory on 11th November 2015 . As the Classiche paperwork confirms, the car is finished in its original, eye catching and highly unusual colour of 'Verde Medio' Metallic ( medium Green ) with interior trim in 'Pelle Sabbia' ( Beige Leather ).The car is also fitted with the 16 inch
This is one of three similar Le Mans Replicas built in 1950 for public display and this car was used at the 1950 Turin Motor Show, as confirmed by Denis Jenkinson’s factory record and as shown in photographs in James Trigwell’s book. After the show the car was sold to Italian agents ‘Italcarco’ in Milan who eventually sold it to one Emilio Vincentini who had the car re-bodied by carrozzeria Rocco Motto in Turin and it was registered MI 250995. The body was a fixed head coupe typical of the Italian style at the time, along the lines of a Ferrari 166MM, Cisitalia and so on. In 1976 the car was purchased in Italy by Colin Crabbe who brought it back to England and had the car restored, retaining the coupe body so that it could be used by his wife Fiona on the school run! He sold the car at the end of 1979 to David Penney who commissioned Crossthwaite & Gardner to return it to its original form. The coupe body was removed and a correct Le Mans Replica body was made by Peels of Surbiton. It was at this time that the car gained its current XOU3 registration. From 1982 the car was displayed at the Midland Motor Museum. The Motto body still exists as part of a special. In July 1989 Sotheby’
The Ex. E.L. Meeson, R.J. Munday, Brooklands Gold Star winning 30/98 Wensum. This exceptional motor car was raced with great success at Brooklands from new in the hands of its first owner E.L. Meeson who continuously developed it over a number of years, culminating in a lap of 109.4mph at the 1927 Whitsun BARC meeting, breaking the 14 year old Vauxhall record set by the works single seater in 1913. In 1928 the car was sold to R.J. Munday who went on to compete until 1933 with the car, continuing its development even further. The pinnacle of his acheivements was victory in the race for the Brooklands Gold Star at the Whitsun meeting in 1932 where the car completed two laps at over 114mph - the fastest laps ever acheived by a 30/98. Munday later sold the car to motoring writer Bunny Tubbs who, in 1939, took the car to France where he was touring when war broke out. Miraculously, the car survived the hostilities and Tubbs re-patriated it after the war and it was sold to D. Richmond in 1946. The next owner was R.H. Cardew who owned the car from 1948 to 1969 when it was purchased by John Rowley who's family kept it until 2001. At this time the car was purchased by its last owner, a well
This ex. Bill Roberts Le Mans Replica, chassis number 421/200/210, was originally bodied as a fixed head coupe by Dr. Barnet Stungo in 1964. He used it as his everyday car up until his death in 1976 when the car was purchased by well known Frazer Nash expert and Club stalwart Bill Roberts. He converted the body to Mk. II Le Mans Replica style, using an original body from a car that he was restoring as a template, and went on to compete in the car all over Europe for the next 30 years or so. In 2012 the car was sold to its last owner who immediately commissioned Blakeney Motorsport to carry out a cost no object rebuild and all of the related invoices are on file illustrating the vast amounts spent to prepare the car to the highest standards. It subsequently had only one outing, in the Peter Collins Trophy at the Goodwood Members meeting, where Patrick Blakeney Edwards drove the car to 7th overall and was by far the quickest Frazer Nash.
Delivered to its first owner, Mr. Clarke, in March 1947, this HRG 1100 was used extensively by its first two owners for hillclimb, sprint and trials competition in the UK. The original sales paperwork from Charles Follett remains in the history file along with numerous photographs of the car throughout its life. The car went to the USA in 1964 and remained in the hands of one family there until fairly recently. Following a restoration carried out not long after it arrived in California, the car was successful in concours events throughout the 1960's. HRG's are currently enjoying a period of recognition as people begin to appreciate the wide variety of events for which they are ideally suited and it is rare to find an example with such an interesting and well documented history.
One of only 600 T6 cabriolets built in 1961 for the ‘62 model year. The last owner is a well-known Californian Porsche enthusiast with a large collection, including many 4-cam models, and a museum of rare automobilia. The car is accompanied by a history file which documents the work carried out on the car for the last owner with a thick wad of invoices amounting to over £16,000 together with photographs of the restoration. Jobs included paintwork, all new trim and hood, and detail work on the underside. Finished in Signal Red with black leather trim, matching square-weave carpet and new black hood and hood bag. The car is fitted with the desirable options of chrome wheels, period Blaupunkt ‘Highway Hi-Fi’ radio plus a very rare and valuable Les Leston wood rimmed steering wheel. The car is UK registered and comes complete with owner’s handbook, original-style toolkit and jack.
The factory Kardex which accompanies this fabulous 356 coupe confirms that is a genuine SC model which retains its original engine and is still finished in its original colour scheme of Dolphin Grey with blue trim, including headrests. The letter from Porsche that accompanies the Kardex, dated 1988, mentions that the then owner, a USAF Major from Ohio, was in the process of restoring the car to original condition. For the last few years the car has resided in California and remains in immaculate condition throughout, driving superbly as one would expect from the ultimate incarnation of the non-Carrera 356's, fitted as it is with the 95bhp engine option and disc brakes front and rear.
In 1961 Karmann developed a new variant of the 356; the Hardtop, more commonly referred to today as the 'Notchback'. Early cars featured a cabriolet body with the hardtop simply welded in to place but the later T6 cars were a properly engineered design with a fully integrated body shell. This is one such T6, one of only 699 built in 1961 and 1962. It spent its life in the dry states of the USA before coming to the UK where it is now MoT'd and registered. Beautifully finished in the period colour of Aetna Blue with contrasting dark blue roof and matching interior trim.