The Bentley S was a luxury car produced by Bentley Motors Limited from 1955 until 1959. Bentley (and Rolls-Royce)'s first true complete redesign of their standard production car after World War II and their last standard production car with an independent chassis. These cars were given a new V8 engine in late 1959, and those cars are identified as S2. Twin headlamps and a facelift to the front arrived in late 1962, and those cars are known as S3. This shape remained in production with those modifications until late 1965 when it was replaced with the completely new chassisless monocoque T series It was announced at the end of April 1955, and it was noted that the existing Continental model would continue. The new standard steel saloon replaced the R type standard steel saloon which had been in production, with modifications, since 1946. It was a more generously sized five- or six-seater saloon with the body manufactured in pressed steel with stressed skin construction. Doors, bonnet and luggage locker lid were of aluminium. Having a totally new external appearance, although with the traditional radiator grille, the main differences from the R type were: three inches longer wheelbase
left-hand-drive bentley s1 bicolour 57 white 4-speed v8 1957 luxury petrol british 4-seater fast
Oldtimerfarm Bvba, Steenweg op Deinze 51C
Aalter, B-9880, Flanders
While the section of the old Brooklands circuit under the stewardship of...
Introduced as a more luxurious version of the Vauxhall Velox, the Cresta...