Chassis No: B 138 GA Engine No : K 6 BW Registration No: BLV 272 The ‘Derby Bentley’ is widely regarded as the most sophisticated car that money could buy in the 1930’s. The chassis was remarkable in that it offered the driver effortless sports car performance in almost absolute silence. This was achieved with a six cylinder engine with a synchromesh four-speed gearbox, with servo assisted braking and with a one shot lubrication system. If this was not enough the car also had the benefit of adjustable rear suspension and a chassis damper that doubled as a front bumper. The engine had a cross flow cylinder head with SU carburettors, a crankshaft damper and roller cam followers. Originally only available with a 3½ Litre engine the more powerful 4¼ Litre option became available in 1936. In their understated way Rolls-Royce had created one of greatest cars of the day, the “Silent Sports Car” and it is not surprising that so many notable figures, celebrities and racing drivers of the day owned them. The first Vanden Plas Tourer on the new 4¼ Litre Chassis was ordered by the legendary racer and World Land Speed Record holder Sir Malcolm Campbell. This car B 138 GA is the sister car, buil
1936 bentley 4250cc tourer vanden plas 4-speed restored luxury petrol british 4-seater fast vanden-plas
Unit 11a Beenham Industrial Area, Grange Lane
London, RG75PP, London
While the section of the old Brooklands circuit under the stewardship of...
Introduced as a more luxurious version of the Vauxhall Velox, the Cresta...