Star of the 1976 London International Motor Show, the new Aston Martin Lagonda represented the beginning of a bold new era for the company. An advanced and futuristic new car, which would go on to be one of the most important and life saving models in the companies history. Finding homes in royal palaces, country estates and captains of industries parking spots, the Lagonda was the car of choice for the world's wealthiest. This Series 4 car, the last and most accomplished model is one of just over 50 built with Left Hand Drive; was completed in 1988 and despatched to Aston Martin Japan, where it has remained until recently. Finished in British Racing Green with Parchment hides piped in dark Green. Equipped with all standard Lagonda features including front and rear Air Conditioning, Electronic fuel injection, exhaust catalysts and the later version, vacuum florescent bar graph and digital instrumentation, manufactured by NEC. With superb condition and low mileage car, chassis no:- 13623 has been maintained regularly and used sparingly during the course of it’s cosseted life. Just 19,000 kilometres have been covered from new. This exceptional example of the important Lagonda, remain
• Year: 1988
• Mileage: 12200 mi
Make: Aston Martin Model: Lagonda First Registered: 21/04/1986 Mileage: 13,769 Previous Owners: 2 Engine: 5.3 Ltr Transmission: Automatic Paint Colour: Red Trim Colour: Cream Carpet Colour: Cream Doors: 4 Seats: 4 MOT: 12 Months TAX: TBA HPI: Clear Warranty: 3 Months 4* Cover Included
• Year: 1986
• Mileage: 13769 mi
Lowered price!!! (from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) Lagonda is a British car manufacturer, founded as a company in 1906 in Staines, Middlesex by the American Wilbur Gunn (1859–1920). He named the company after a river near the town of his birth Springfield, Ohio. The company was purchased and integrated into Aston Martin in 1947. Wilbur Gunn had originally built motorcycles on a small scale in the garden of his house in Staines with reasonable success including a win on the 1905 London—Edinburgh trial. In 1907 he launched his first car, the 20-hp, 6-cylinder Torpedo, which he used to win the Moscow—St. Petersburg trial of 1910. This success produced a healthy order for exports to Russia which continued until 1914. In the pre-war period Lagonda also made an advanced small car, the 11.1 with a four-cylinder 1000 cc engine, which featured an anti-roll bar and a rivetted monocoque body and the first ever fly-off handbrake. During World War I Lagonda made artillery shells. After the end of the war the 11.1 continued with a larger 1400-cc engine and standard electric lighting as the 11.9 until 1923 and the updated 12 until 1926. Following Wilbur Gunn's death in 1920, three existing
• Year: 1982
ASTON MARTIN LAGONDA RAPIDE, one of the rarest Aston Martins of all A copy of the build sheet for this Lagonda Rapide shows that it was supplied through Francis Motors to the first owner, Doctor Davies in London. The only mediation from standard by the factory was the deletion of picnic tables for the back of the front seats, presumably to increase leg room in the rear. The car then changed owners becoming the property of Dalton Peanuts in London before moving to Scotland under the ownership of the Reid family. During the first 5 years of her life, the Lagonda Rapide has driven 49.500 miles. The Rapide is sold to Mr. Griffiths in Cardiff in 1968 who owned the car until 1974. Mr. Brook in Hertfordshire enjoys the Aston Martin Lagonda Rapide from 1974 till 1986. The car was then taken off the road and was barn stored until 2011. The odometer was showing 72.065 miles by the time she went into storage. The Lagonda Rapide remained within the Brook family for 37 years, from 1974 to 2011, passing from father to son. The previous owner bought the Lagonda Rapide in 2012 and drove another 4.985 miles. Many hours have been spent on the car and considerable monies have been invested with marque specialists to ensure the smooth and reliable running of the engine and mechanicals. This included the fitment of twin SU carburetors in place of the less efficient and unreliable Solex carburetors, the result as you might expect from the 4 liter twin cam 6-cylinder engine is a purposeful power delivery propelling the car to speed and shifting accurately through the gears. To the interior you will find professionally re-trimmed seats front and rear which have been completed tastefully and to a high standard in Black leather befitting the car. The wood is in good order and the carpets have been replaced recently. To the exterior the Superleggera body still has its original color Caribbean Blue Pearl . Due to the age of the paint, a respray is advised. Supplied with original buff log book, a copy of factory build sheet, previous history and recommissioning invoices, this handsome Gentleman's Express - essentially a long wheelbase DB4 - can be enjoyed as is or improved as you own. The mechanical / chassis work done to the car makes a fantastic foundation for continued restoration of a fast appreciating classic. For more information and photos, see our website: www.noblehouseclassics.nl
• Year: 1963
• Mileage: 77050 mi
• Engine size: 4
This well known and very important prototype was created in 1969 for the personal use of Aston Martin Chairman Sir David Brown, and represented the first use of the Lagonda name since the demise of the Rapide in 1964. The 4 door version of the DBS had been envisioned back in October 1966 when the DBS project had first been proposed to Sir David. When William Towns styled the DBS, he simultaneously worked on both 2 and 4 door versions of the same car, indeed there is evidence that the 4 door was designed first with the much more familiar 2 door being a shortened version! So the prototype Lagonda was born, some 12 inches longer in the chassis over the standard DBS to accommodate greater rear leg room and boot space. Originally finished in Sir David’s favoured colour, ‘Roman Purple’, with seats and door cards in Crimson velour. The original 5.0 litre fuel injected V8 and wire wheels were soon changed by the factory for the 5.3 quad carb V8 engine (No.VS4008EE) in the car today, and GKN alloys. The car also carries its original registration number JPP 5G from new which appears in the original press releases! The car was a personal favourite of Sir David’s and in the early 70’s it was a
• Year: 1969
In 1974, the elegant William Towns styled DBS was given 4 doors and a s...
Even Aston Martin wasn’t immune to the craziness of the 1970s: behold th...
Aston couldn’t survive building handfuls of handbuilt supercars; a more ...
Bonhams has announced the sale of the single-owner 48-car Fredriksen col...
Following the closure of the Stondon Motor Museum last month, car enthus...
With values of many Aston Martin models now reaching into seven figures,...