This particular DB4 is on the market for the first time in in nearly 40 years, with the previous owner, Mr D Banton, having bought the car in December of 1976 and is currently undergoing a complete restoration with ourselves. DB4/449/R was first registered on the 17th November 1960 where it was sold to a Mrs N Cotton of Bournemouth, then sold to a Mr S Dicks of London in 1965, whereupon it was sold to Mr Richard Butt of Grays who subsequently sold it to his brother, a Mr (Roger) Butt who kept the car until 1976. Mr D Banton used the car regaularly in and around London and perhaps more fitting for a car of this style, slightly further afield with trips across Europe to the French Alps for skiing holidays. In 1983 Mr D Banton sent the car for a full bare metal respray, keeping the original colour of Dubonnet Red. Other work includes receipts in the history file dating back to 1976 with hand written invoices from Ian Moss, Aston Martin specialists. Further maintenance was carried out in the late 70's with bills from Aston Martin and Aston specialist Hyde Vale and later in 1996 with Ian Moss once again. Also in the history file is a copy of the buff log book, handbook and a copy of the
aston martin db4 series-2 restored project red manual 1959 aston-martin rwd petrol british fast 2wd
Unit 1, M11 Business Link
Stansted, CM24 8GF, Essex
London Mayor Sadiq Khan has confirmed plans to introduce a new £10 T-Cha...
It’s a tragedy that the Aston Martin DB4 – as well as its DB5 and DB6 su...