Aston Martin has a long and illustrious history of sporting success, which was mirrored by a long history of financial struggles and close encounters with the receivers. After the successful “Bertelli” days prior to WWII, the firm’s post-war resurgence took some time to get underway as they were short on cash and resources to fully develop a fresh car for the new era. It took the arrival of Yorkshire industrialist David Brown to not only get Aston Martin back on its feet, but to fully establish it as a world-class sports car manufacturer. Pre-war Astons were little more than thinly disguised racers sold to select clients to fund the racing team, but post war buyers were demanding more, and thankfully, with David Brown’s much needed injection of cash, Aston Martin could now deliver. Brown came to Aston with more than just money, however. He also brought Lagonda, who had previously acquired the services of W.O. Bentley following his fallout with Rolls-Royce. Bentley’s magnificent twin-cam inline six, originally destined for Lagonda, would form the foundation of Aston’s recovery and subsequent success. Aston’s first proper post-war car was the DB1, officially known as the “Two Litre Sports”. It proved to be a false start with only a handful built before the arrival of the modern and properly developed DB2. The DB2 featured a slick new fully-enveloped aluminum alloy body designed by Frank Feeley, as well as a shortened version of the tubular chassis from the DB1 and Lagonda’s delectable 2.6 liter twin-cam inline six, which was designed by W.O. Bentley and William Watson. The DB2 was a tremendous success for Aston Martin, with the works racing cars continuing Aston’s pre-war success on track at LeMans, Spa and at home at events like the RAC Tourist Trophy. After several prototypes were built and successfully campaigned on track, road car production began in 1950, with 410 examples built over the next three years. The majority of those cars wore the fixed head coupe coachwork, while just 98 left the works in drophead coupe form. Of those, just a handful remain and are highly sought after by enthusiasts. We are very pleased to offer this handsome 1952 Aston Martin DB2 Drophead, serial number LML/50/217. One of very few surviving examples, this car has been fully restored by a noted enthusiast and presents in a striking combination of silver over a red interior. According to the BMIHT Heritage Certificate, it was originally a left-drive export model delivered new to the USA. At some point in its life it was converted to right drive for home-market use. The most recent owner, who is an experienced restorer, collector and racer, acquired the DB2 in the early 2000s and comprehensive restoration took place with a great deal of the meticulous work performed by the owner himself. Starting with what was a very sound car, the alloy bodywork was carefully restored with great care paid to preserving the original panels, which were then painted an attractive bright silver. The DB2’s shape did not rely on heavy chrome accents, but the limited brightwork (door handles, lamps, bumper trims and miscellaneous fittings) has all been very well restored and presents in beautiful condition. The DB2 sits on proper painted wire wheels, shod with correct 6.00-16 Dunlop Roadspeed tires. Contrasting the silver body is a vibrant red interior, fully restored to a high standard. The seats and door cards are trimmed in bright red hides, with complementing red Wilton carpets, all piped in gray. The leather presents in very good condition, remaining beautiful with slightly mellowed character since the restoration. Wood trim adorns the door tops, steering wheel rim and instrument cluster, all of which is beautifully restored and finished. Gauges and switchgear are correct and in fine order. Behind the seats, the parcel shelf includes a custom fitted suitcase in matching red leather - allowing enough room for a weekend getaway. A new top was fitted in black canvas and trimmed in red piping to provide a subtle contrast against the silver body. With the top down, a red leather boot can be fitted to cover the soft top. The impressive presentation continues when the clamshell bonnet it opened, revealing the polished cam covers and bright red cylinder head of W.O. Bentley’s twin-cam inline six. The engine, which is a slightly later replacement in correct specification, has been fully detailed yet remains a strong runner that delivers excellent performance. One of the best features of the Lagonda-sourced engine is the sharp, raspy exhaust note that is only enhanced when the roof is folded. Aston Martin cleverly packaged the jack and wheel tools under the bonnet, all of which are present and have been correctly restored to the same meticulous standard as the rest of this fine car. All of the effort put into the restoration paid off in the form of a Best in Class at the prestigious Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance in 2008, as well as an AACA Senior National First Prize in 2008, which was backed up with a Grand National First Prize in 2010 and a Best in Show at the 2015 Keels and Wheels. The car has also been shown and taken home class wins at numerous other events including the Hilton Head Concours, Meadowbrook, The Glenmoor Gathering and Keenland Concours. Since its restoration, the DB2 has been used gently and maintained in very fine condition throughout. The sale includes factory parts books and workshop manual, along with copies of original factory literature and a British Motor Industry Heritage Trust Certificate. This is a wonderful opportunity to acquire a very fine example of the landmark car that set Aston Martin on the path to greatness.
LEFT HAND DRIVE, MILLE MIGLIA ELIGIBLE Brand Aston Martin Type DB2 Vantage Color Maroon Interior Beige Year of build 1952 Price € 295.000,- 1952 ASTON MARTIN DB2 Mille Miglia Eligible Left Hand Drive In between 1950 and 1953 only 411 DB2’s were built. 309 of these were coupes and 102 were Drophead Coupes Complete with Fiva Identity Card Our collection of Aston Martin DB2’s started as a hobby, due to the fact that the Aston Martin DB2 is according to us an extremely nice car with a beautiful line. If you look for example at the rear of the car, the roundings are so extremely nice. Almost like a piece of art. The Aston Martin DB2 was produced from 1950 to 1953. A total amount of only 411 cars were made in this period. The DB2 was based on an Aston Martin which drove the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1949. The final introduction of the DB2 was at the New York Autoshow in 1950. The DB2 was very succesfull at Le Mans and became first and second in class. All three continued to race through the year and had different other successes. The DB2 was the first real production car from Aston Martin. It is a full aluminium bodied car with a multi-tube chassis and independent front suspension. This spe
JUST ARRIVED, 28-11. ORIGINAL LEFT HAND DRIVE Brand Aston Martin Type DB 2/4 MKIII Color Green Interior Beige Year of build 1958 Price More information will be online soon 1958 ASTON MARTIN DB2/4 MKIII The car is just arrived and more information will be online, in the meantime if you would like more information please do not hesitate to contact us. MORE INFORMATION For more information or an appointment, please call Rutger Houtkamp+31625098150 or send an e-mail to Rutger@Houtkamp.nl . Please do not hesitate to contact us by phone during evenings or in the weekend. The Houtkamp Collection is centrally located near Amsterdam and only 10 minutes from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. Please contact us directly or fill in the form to receive more information on this specific car Your Name (required) Your Email (required) Your phone number Subject Your Message The information provided on this website has been compiled by The Houtkamp Collection with the utmost care. The information contained within this advert is provided ‘as-is’, without warranties as to its accuracy whether expressed or implied and is intended for informational purposes only. The Houtkamp Collection is not liable for any e
4 OWNERS SINCE NEW, MILLE MIGLIA ELIGIBLE Brand Aston Martin Type DB2 Color Green Interior Red Year of build 1952 Price € 275.000,- 1952 ASTON MARTIN DB2 4 owners since new Superb color combination Mille Miglia Eligible 1 of only 441 DB2’s ever built The Aston Martin DB2 was unveiled at the public at the New York Motor Show of 1950. This was not the first time that the public could see this very special cars. 3 examples had raced at the grueling 24 Hours of LeMans in 1949. In 1950, the production of the Aston Martin DB2 started and in 1951, Aston Martin entered with 3 DB2’s and became first second and third in their class at the grueling Le Mans. Amongst the success at Le Mans, Aston Martin was also active in the Mille Miglia. In 1952 Tony Wisdom drove the DB2 and finished 12th overall. Reg Parnell drove the other Works DB2 with chassis number LML/50/50, registration number XMC76 and finished 13th overall. There were 2 other DB2’s in the 1954 Mille Miglia, one driven by the famous driver George Abecassis. Due to the fact that the Aston Martin DB2 drove the Mille Miglia in between 1927 and 1957, the car is nowadays eligible for the world’s greatest road race! The DB2 has been design
Engine Size 2.6 l Mileage 87,200 miles Previous Owners 2 Bodystyle Saloon Seats 2 Transmission Manual Exterior Colour Mist Grey Interior Trim Fawn -Complete ‘body off’ professional restoration -Concours condition -Eligible for Mille Miglia -Factory build sheet, early service history & buff log book. -1 of 309 built The car we are offering, produced in October 1952 and delivered through agents Brooklands of Bond Street, to its first South Kensington owner, was maintained by Aston Martin themselves until 1959, having changed hands in 1955. By 1983 the car was sold in a dilapidated state and remained in poor condition until changing hands again in 2012, after which a 3 year ‘body off’ restoration took place, carried out by highly respected Aston Martin specialists, for a well-known Aston Martin collector and racer. Meticulous attention to period detail during the rebuild has culminated in the outstanding car now being offered, 2 years after completion. Professionally stored since and used for entry into concours events and on short tours, the current condition is testament to the high quality of the restoration works. A detailed description, invoices and multiple photographs of the re
The DB2 debuted at the New York Auto Show in April 1950 and continued in production until April 1953, by which time 411 had been made. The first 49 had a chrome-framed front grille in three separate parts, and large rectangular cooling vents in the front wings. Subsequent cars had a one-piece grille with horizontal chrome slats, and no side vents. The single-piece bonnet was hinged at the front. At the rear of the fixed-head coupé (FHC) a small top-hinged lid gave access to the spare wheel, and luggage space was behind the front seats, accessible only from inside the car. Later in 1950, a Drophead Coupé (DHC) variant was introduced. At least 102 were built. In April 1950, an engine with larger carburettors, inlet camshaft the same as the exhaust (for increased duration), and higher compression ratio pistons (8.16:1) was made available. Aston Martin's first Vantage upgrade option offered 125 hp (93 kW). Initially the higher compression ratio made the engine unsuitable for the British market, as the postwar austerity measures of the early 1950s restricted UK vehicles to 72 octane "Pool petrol".  The first DB2 Vantage, LML 50/21, was delivered to, and raced by, Briggs Cunningham
History of AM.300/3/1683 This car was ordered new in 1958 by Mr Alister Malcolm Creswick of Aune Cross, Devon and was designated the registration 353ATA. The car was ordered in the rare shade of Cardinal Grey by Mr Creswick, who was a wealthy landowner and sixty-five years old at the time of purchase. Mr Creswick passed away five years later in 1963 aged seventy. Having no wife or children, Mr Creswick was to bequeath 'all my motor cars and other motor vehicles' to Mr Richard Leslie Rogers, a local farmer who operated on Mr Creswick’s land. Richard Rogers took the car immediately to a dealership and the car was up for sale in 1963 as Richard Rogers headed for a new life in the Channel Islands. As the car awaited its next custodian at the dealership, it received a new coat of dark-green metallic paint and was fitted with a Motorola radio system, presumably to freshen up the car and improve the dealer’s sales potential. During 1963, Frederick W. Anner Jr. was stationed in Verdun, France. Frederick was a clarinet player with the U.S. Marching band and was the owner of a 1954 Aston Martin DB MkII/4. Fred was having problems running his car and decided to take it to England to have some