During the 1990s, the coupe was king. Can you identify these ten examples?
The coupe seems to be a bit of a dying breed these days, with most manufacturers destined produce numerous small, large and stylish SUVs instead. It could be argued that the best decade for coupes is the 1990s, which offered everything from small affordable coupes, such as the original Renault Megane and Vauxhall Tigra to the huge executive-sized coupes from Lexus and Mercedes.
Sitting between these were the coupe versions of the mass market saloons, such as the Pininfarina-styled Peugeot 406 Coupe, Volvo C70 and Mercedes CLK. This is the sector that is perhaps the least well populated today, with only a few manufacturers – including Audi, BMW and Mercedes – offering modern equivalents. SEE RELATED: Appreciating 1990s classic cars: Top 20
If you were looking for something reasonably sporty, you would have been spoiled for choice in the ‘90s. Japanese manufacturers had a huge number of options, including the Nissan 200SX Silvia, Mitsubishi FTO, Honda Prelude and Integra Type R to name just a few.
Today, most of these cars sit firmly in the modern classic category, and while many have followings prices generally remain affordable. Alongside the well remembered coupes, there are many that have largely been forgotten over the years, of which we have included a couple in this week’s quiz.
Can you match up the picture to the correct name? Don’t forget to up your scores in the comments, and share via Facebook
to see how your friends compare!
SEE RELATED: Ferrari wheel quiz: Can you name them all?
Want more quizzes?
• Dial Quiz – Can you identify these cars from their gauges?
• Stripe quiz: Can you name these special editions cars?
• French car quiz – How many can you name?
• Engine bay quiz 1: How many can you name?
• Classic wheel quiz 1: Can you name these cars?
• Classic wheel quiz 2: How many can you name?
• QUIZ: Can you identify these Fast Fords from one tiny detail?
• Special edition cars: can you name them all?
• QUIZ: Can you name these 1990s performance cars?
• QUIZ: Can you identify the car from its rear lights?