The Afa Romeo 105/115 Coupés were a range of cars built from 1963 until 1977 and following on from the celebrated Giulietta Sprint Coupé. Using a shortened floorpan from the Giulia Berlina (Saloon) and a basic body shared by all models designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro for Bertone. All featured the 4 cylinder all light alloy twin cam engine in various capacities. Also common to all models was a 5 speed gearbox and disc brakes all round. Production started in 1963 with the Giulia Sprint GT (Gran Turismo) and Sprint GTV (GranTurismo Veloce – Veloce meaning ‘fast’ in Italian!) introduced in 1965 with a 1570cc version of the twin cam engine. These were replaced in 1968 by the 1750 GTV with a more powerful 1779cc engine producing 120hp. There were also many updates and enhancements to the 1750 GTV including chassis, suspension and brakes resulting in significant improvements to handling. There were also several external changes mainly to the front of the car with a new bonnet line and grille and the introduction of four headlights. The interior was also changed with new dashboard and instruments, new seats and new handles and levers. The 1750 GTV continued in production until 1973 when it
alfa romeo 1970 1750 gtv 5-speed alloy-wheels restored alfa-romeo
3-19 High Street
Olney, MK46 4AA, Buckinghamshire
US auction house Gooding & Company has just celebrated its most successf...
One of the most exquisite cars of the last century is about to go under ...