30/09/2015 (15) 1.6TDi, White, 20334 Miles, A/Con, Twin Seats, E/Win, 1 Owner, Ply Lined, SLD
Delivered to New York in October 1959, BEX1099 was fitted with front disc brakes from new and is equipped with the legendary Bristol 6 cylinder motor. The engine block retains its original number as fitted at the factory. The previous owner, Dr. Richard Riddell, purchased the car in 1984 from well known racer and restorer Jim Proffitt and having carried out some restoration work went on to use it on touring events and rallies across California.
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 1954 AC Ace This is a highly desirable AC Ace with period competition history, driven by probably the most famous exponent of the marque Ken Rudd. The AC Ace is one of the most attractive and popular British Sports Cars built in the mid-1950s. Based on a strong tubular chassis, clothed with a beautiful lightweight alloy body and powered by a range of excellent engines it provided a superb basis for an all-round competition car and examples were driven by many of the top drivers of the day. One of the most famous names to be associated with the marque must surely be Ken Rudd, whose competitive driving skills and race tuning expertise was often applied to these cars with great effect. He was highly successful, not only as a driver, but also in transferring the hard-won lessons from the track into effective performance and race tuning upgrades that were made available to customers through his engineering enterprise ‘Ruddspeed’. The car offered here is one of the AC Aces that Ken Rudd owned in period and used for competition. Constructed in 1954 it was fitted with a 2 litre AC engine and delivered to Smithfield Garages on September 10th of th
Mayfair 020 7125 1400 | Maldon 01621 879579 Just arrived – AC Ace Prototype 1953 This incredibly historic motor car started life as a two seater roadster built by John Tojeiro for Vincent Davison but was soon acquired by AC cars and thereafter became the development prototype for the AC Ace In early 1953 John Tojeiro was asked to build a new sports car for his friend Vincent 'Vin', Davis. Of a similar design to the barchetta previously provided for Cliff Davis (LOY500) this example had a tubular chassis and pleasing Italianate aluminium bodywork built over a lightweight frame but unlike the earlier car was powered by a 2.5 Litre 4 cylinder Lea Francis engine obtained from Connaught. The new car was finished in the summer of 1953, registered LER371 and delivered to Davison, although no sooner had he taken delivery than Tojeiro asked him to return the car so he could show it to AC Cars at their Thames Ditton factory. So impressed were AC that a deal was quickly struck passing ownership of LER371 to AC Cars in return for a royalty payable to Tojeiro and suitable recompense for Davison, who joined the AC company as development engineer soon afterwards to help transform his car into the
About this AC Ace Recreation by Hawk Over the past 20 years, British manufacturer 'Hawk' have built themselves an international reputation as the best in the business when it comes to AC replicas and to many they are accepted as being the truest to the original form and depending upon detailed specification, also reproduce an authentic and comparable driving experience. Founder Gerry Hawkridge is acknowledged globally as an AC guru. This AC Ace by Hawk was completed by a talented aircraft engineer who also had over 30 years of experience restoring a variety of British sports cars to high standards. Finished in British Racing Green and fitted with a totally rebuilt 2.5 litre Triumph TR6 engine mated to a Triumph GT6 manual four-Speed gearbox with overdrive (reconditioned by Hardy's of Leatherhead) plus new clutch and flywheel, this car's specification closely matches the higher performance original late production AC Ace and generates a very satisfying 6 cylinder engine note. It also benefits from '123' electronic ignition and triple 40 Weber Carburettors by Webcom, high pressure fuel pump, Pacet fans and an oil cooler (not piped). Hydraulic brake and clutch pedals were supplied by